Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Rifle

This may be just me, but shouldn't the Sniper's rifles be a little more quiet, it seems to me if you're on a stage you can hear those shots ringing out from a pretty good distance. And it seems they've always been loud as far back as I can remember playing 1942 or MOH:AA

I know they have to be powerfull and all but can't they add a silencer? It kinda takes away from the whole stealth aspect.

Re: Sniper Rifle

I thought what the zeller had was a silencer, but it seems to be a loudener.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
      Cause its more of a 'thump' sound rather than a 'pew' sound

Comment

I don't think even in real world they use silencers. I think the advantage with snipers is distance. This being the reason they have to be so powerfull. The more powerfull, the farther away you can shoot someone. Therefor no need for silencing. If you need a silencer. Your too close!! JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReapster
          I don't think in even in real world they have silencers. I think the adventage with snipers is distance. This being the reason they have to be so powerfull. The more powerfull, the farther away you can shoot someone. Therefor not a need for silencing. If you need a silencer. Your too close!! JMHO.
          Exactly, the whole point of the sniper rifle is to engage targets at such a range that by the time they realize that they are being fired on they are already dead.

Comment

:salute: I can accept that, although on 24+man servers there's more than just your target walking about I just imagined after 200 years they could make it powerful and quiet. LOL

In the end, it is what it is :yay:

Comment

silencers make bullets deviate more and less powerfull and that aint really what a sniper wants. they only use silencers for very short range(for snipers). i cant really imagen a way of making a bullet produce less sound which will lead the bullet to go as straight as before and as fast as before. the zellar light track(dunno the english name) ammo can help you out by enlight other target when it flies by, and also shows other snipers where they should look out for medics. also it can be used to point out a group or vehicle so the rest of the team knows where to engage. but it also gives away your location to a smart watcher. this forces you to be thinking more about your movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan
                Cause its more of a 'thump' sound rather than a 'pew' sound
                Really? To me, the Zeller is a crack, PAC rifle is a pew, and EU is a pwhhooom.

Comment

I always assumed they were that loud so you knew who was shooting and where.

PAC rifle go pew pew? :awes

Comment

Morretti is FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReapster
                      I don't think even in real world they use silencers.
                      In the real world the hard thing is suppressing muzzle flash.

Silencing the noise (well, greatly reducing it) isn't actually all that hard, although in the case of a sniper rifle it would make the weapon very long indeed.

Comment

If you complain about the stealth aspect then I would agree. When you activate and deactivate your active camo (which I find as a stealthy tool) you flash on the mini map saying I AM HERE!!! ruining the stealth of it as it alerts the enemy of were you are. I also think the sniper decoy could have a longer radius.

When it comes to the sniper, the enemy can`t pinpoint your location. So if you manage to shoot while beeing unseen you will do good. If you snipe a headshot the enemy will probably be more interested in reviving than finding out were the shot came from. But I do agree they are a bit loud. But as it is said, a sniper greatest weapon is distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                          Haha, I never even thought of it that way. Yes, the Zeller is extremely loud. I do believe I have seen a world class sniper rifle with a suppressor 2/3 the size of the Zeller's make a sound 1/5 of the Zeller's. Oh well. It sounds more badass at least.

Comment

If you want to add reality to 2142 sniper rifles, then you should give us the ability to see at 1000m range without the "fog" and actually hit it with a kill shot at that range with any rifle headshot when using the stab for the rifle

Comment

The ranges at which your shooting at, the sniper rifle could easly be fitted with a silencerso it would be quieter but I suppose EA didn't want an invincible unhearable sniper in a tower somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X