Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And your thought EA/DICE ripped you off with the booster packs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And your thought EA/DICE ripped you off with the booster packs!

I paid $50 for BF2, $30 for SF, $10 each for EF and AF. $100 plus tax for a game. And I had to buy it twice so my wife could play, too.
    I didn't even mind the $80 for BF2 and SF. That $40 for a few maps that no one played... :rawr

Comment

I bought a couple of copies for myself (2 PCs) and some friends (gifts), I feel your pain. Mind you this is before the patches really started to fk up the games and it was enjoyable. By the boosters I had enough, the game was messed up to the point that most people I knew couldn't even play, only got them for myself. COD4 was refreshing, but I am pissed off that they only had a hand full of fixes left when they ditched that project.

I am also planning on not spending any money on BF Heroes, everything you buy expires in about 1 month, including stuff you spend your money on and in the long run the game is more expensive then any other game out there. I seriously hope this is not the model that I hope they are going to go for BF3, otherwise the series is dead to me.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
        Alex so you don't believe $50 is a lot for a video game? Steam has increased their revenue by having 50% off deals. That has to mean something, right? IMO if games were around $20-$30 people wouldn't have to contemplate if you should get "game A over Game B". I wouldn't pay $50 for a game that lasts 4 - 10 hours, its way too much. If I already paid $50 for a game why do I have to buy an expansion pack on top of that?
        I agree. $50 is a rip-off. That's why I don't play singleplayer games anymore. Most of them these days are way too short and not worth the money, IMO. Multiplayer games are a bit different as they can last me hundreds and hundreds of hours. That said, I still think $50 for any kind of video game is too much. (unless it's BF3 :awes) That's why I always wait a bit until the price drops.

Comment

The devs are getting greedy with dl content these days, charging 10$ for something that was suppose to be in the game at release is BS. So far EA is one of the few company's i have seen that did NOT charge for late content (conquest in BC).

Comment

They should release the boosters for free as a mandatory download (that outta push the patch size to something in the 4 GB range ). Or at least Operation Road Rage. That's easily my second favourite BF map of all time (next to Operation Cedar Falls). It had littlebirds, the A-10, semis, the big overpass...just totally badass. A shame nobody ever played it.

Comment

Armored Fury was an awesome booster, I also enjoy Midnight Sun. Mustang for the win!

Comment

What sad is that most servers in the NYC area are running "time servers" for Euro Forces Armored Fury and Special Forces. I guess people care more about some stupid badge then having fun.

Comment

Working...
                X