Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And your thought EA/DICE ripped you off with the booster packs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And your thought EA/DICE ripped you off with the booster packs!

I just wanted to point this out to people who originally complaint about the expansion/booster packs, which I might add I enjoyed very much. It was discovered that the expanded content for Resident Evil 5 already shipped on the actual game disc (a versus mode) and that people who bought the game were charged $5 to unlock it. I know, not a lot of $$, but imagine a future were you pay full price for a game and then have to pay money to unlock mode and content on the game you already bought, this isn't downloaded content. We all know EAs bad habits, so how long till we see this with the next BF game. Imagine having to pay to unlock conquest mode for BF:BC or the likes.

Re: And your thought EA/DICE ripped you off with the booster packs!

I don't mind paying for booster packs.

I do mind paying for booster packs that are poorly implemented and provide no real motivation for the community to play them. I enjoy the maps, but I rarely play them since no one else is.

How is this a successful business model EA, I'd love to try and comprehend.

Comment

I'm leaning more toward a scenario where the game is actually free and you pay a monthly fee to play it.

As far as the boosters go, I was more than happy to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Snake
        I don't mind paying for booster packs.

I do mind paying for booster packs that are poorly implemented and provide no real motivation for the community to play them.
        Agreed.

Also, think of the dev costs of those booster packs (the majority of which was recycled content from the original BF2) versus the amount of revenue EA must have got from them. From a financial persepctive, I'm sure EA killed it.. and that's all they care about.

Comment

This is a kick below the belt, how stupid this is, hope people will come up with a way to crack the booster pack, on the disk that they already purchased...

Comment

If people are willing to buy the game at full price without the 'versus' mode I don't see how anyone is being 'ripped off'. The developer had to do extra work to create that mode, even if they did it before the game was released, so if they think people will be willing to pay $5 for it I don't see a problem.

I agree it will probably get cracked but I'm sure they're aware of that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
              I'm leaning more toward a scenario where the game is actually free and you pay a monthly fee to play it.
              you! shut your mouth!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

I liked the BF2 booster packs.... I am glad I paid for them Although I never play them anymore. But I mean, this always seems to be happening these days, remember reading this was happening in another game aswell, can't remember what it was though, Street Fighter or something.

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                  you! shut your mouth!!!!!!!! lol
                  On the surface it sounds pretty crappy, but if you actually think about it, the designer is then forced to support the game, update the product, etc. if they hope to keep people playing and recoup their investment.

Comment

I can't even play my booster packs because I bought the game at best buy, and somehow my booster pack CDKEY is registered already and I cannot use it. Best Buy doesn't accept opened games and EA's tech support sucks worse than any other company in the world. They can't even give me another key. I have offered to send them proof of purchase, a copy of my receipt, a picture of my game manual with the key on it.Even sending them my copy of the game including disks and manuals and inserts... They refuse. And they are being as.sholes about the situation. So in short. EA can suck my nuts. And if i ever see the CEO in RL I am going to punch him in the face. The company is a complete joke.

Comment

On the surface it sounds pretty crappy, but if you actually think about it, the designer is then forced to support the game, update the product, etc. if they hope to keep people playing and recoup their investment.
                      Or, they take your money and still don't support the game.
                      I'm looking at you, Flagship!

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                        Or, they take your money and still don't support the game.
                        I'm looking at you, Flagship!
                        Word. HGL was just a giant mess, although I did find the game pretty fun (albeit too repetitive).

Comment

I only have the Special Forces expansion and I love the maps. It is too bad that only a few of the maps have good, populated servers.

Comment

The worst thing about the Booster packs is that they are charging you for some really, really ****ty quality stuff that a drunk monkey could have made...

Example, Compare the "Challenger 2" Tank that was in BF2 EF, with the one that is in the Project Reality mod (a free download) and a real life Challenger 2 tank.

BF2: Euro Force's Challenger 2:

Project Reality's Challenger 2:

A real life Challenger 2:

Comment

free game and monthly fee is the future I think, that is what I speculate BF3 will be like
                              monthly fee is great DRM and stops most piracy, anything where people have to log on to play is great DRM, like steam

Comment

Working...
                              X