Can you destroy pods with Titan AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you destroy pods with Titan AA?

PAC doesn't get aircraft on Bridge at Remagen in conquest. Which only leaves you SAAW, walker AA, or AA turrets to try and take out the transport of doom.

Comment

Ah... there you just reminded me of why I don't play that map. Were some particular efficient transport crew members that managed to get their gunner to something like 120 kills on that map the last time I played. Was sort of depressing how little could be done about it.

The only option out of those that's of any use is the Walker AA, shielded from the transport spam cannon. But if the transport is nailing your infantry, and their vehicles nail your walkers... it's futile.

Comment

whats is it with pods exploding in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
          I think that pod-as-weapon ought to be taken out the game with the next update.

The idea in BF2142 is that every form of attack has some sort of defence. ...Except a guy can pod onto an air transport, and there is NOTHING the air transport pilot can do.

The pod user can not be hurt at all while he is in his pod, and yet he can use it to cause catastrophic damage. Where's the balance in that?
          well the pilot can fly out of the way of the pod. :nod: Only pilots that lazily fly to the titan get podded on. All pilots should be aware that hovering around the titan can be an easy kill for a quick podder.

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk
            whats is it with pods exploding in the air?
            Thats when the game thinks you died in the apc but still managed to pod out, on max height you will still die anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
              well the pilot can fly out of the way of the pod. :nod: Only pilots that lazily fly to the titan get podded on. All pilots should be aware that hovering around the titan can be an easy kill for a quick podder.
              This. Pods killing aircraft is a feature of the game; its simply there so that aircraft can't hover-camp the titan. I would have my gunship permanently camped beside the enemy titan if pods couldn't kill it, it would be heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter
                Thats when the game thinks you died in the apc but still managed to pod out, on max height you will still die anyway.
                Wow, how nice... *NOT* But still idk where you get all that info but thx for the clearing. It still stays pretty annoying.
                Originally posted by Fingulfin
                is now a wow noob
                what a shame... :shakehead:

Comment

Gunships should never camp the enemy titan.

1. Is just stupid.
                  2. dishonorable between pilots, camping enemy titan for their gunship is dishonorable.
                  3. POds.

Sometimes pod skim off the roof of the gunship, due t o lag?

Comment

Working...
                  X