Can you destroy pods with Titan AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you destroy pods with Titan AA?

Just curious if anyone has ever done this?

I've tried to target them as they were podding over from the other Titan or podding up from an APC, but haven't been successful.

Re: Can you destroy pods with Titan AA?

Ive tried it but the pods dont have a collision mesh for bullets vs pods and if they do its impossible to kill them since they have 10.000 health points.

rem ---BeginComp:Armor ---
    ObjectTemplate.createComponent Armor
    ObjectTemplate.armor.maxHitPoints 10000
    ObjectTemplate.armor.hitPoints 10000
    ObjectTemplate.armor.waterLevel -0.3
    ObjectTemplate.armor.wreckHitPoints 100
    ObjectTemplate.armor.takesEmpDamage 1
    ObjectTemplate.armor.addArmorEffect 0 p_wreck_eu_pod 0/0/0 0/0/0

Comment

lol wut.

any way, havent seen you around for a while Dtneter, hows the mod going?

Comment

lol trying to explain it professionally but wth yeah i don't spend as much time on the mod as i used to, playing L4D and GTAIV more. I'm just waiting till we get the new rifle and vehicles in-gamed so i can continue my work.

Comment

wut happens when pod collides with another pod?

Comment

The universe ends.

Comment

yep true.

i have seen a video of a guy lagging in a pod so it hang still in the air, and some other squad members spawned on the beacon and all got their pod destroyed on him, but i forgot if they would get killed by the pod or just fallen down.

Comment

I don't know a way to destroy pods except for them to land :x

Pods in my opinion is invincible in the air. Not even gunships can take it down. Gunships can take down parachutes by shooting at it with a angle, but not pods.

It's vice versa, pods can kill gunships/transports by podding on it.

Comment

motion mines sometimes can kill pods, but then the pod needs to be very close to the motion mine.

Comment

Only Titan Pods can destroy gunships and transporters, APC pods only bounce off them.

Comment

I have podded on top of an apc thinking that it would do damage to it, but it just killed me and the apc driver got credit for the kill.

Comment

i think that that is because you landed upon the apc and got glitched inside and got roadkilled. but i am not sure you should ask dtneter when he gets back home.

Comment

I think that pod-as-weapon ought to be taken out the game with the next update.

The idea in BF2142 is that every form of attack has some sort of defence. ...Except a guy can pod onto an air transport, and there is NOTHING the air transport pilot can do.

The pod user can not be hurt at all while he is in his pod, and yet he can use it to cause catastrophic damage. Where's the balance in that?

Comment

The POD onto transport is a rare occurence. Plus its fun as ****. POD onto gunship is about as sweet a kill as you can get.

The only time I have seen a threat that cannot be countered is the Transport of Death on B@R. If a decent team have that ship and are co-operating they cannot be taken down.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
                              The only time I have seen a threat that cannot be countered is the Transport of Death on B@R. If a decent team have that ship and are co-operating they cannot be taken down.
                              Gunships and other, similarly wielded transports of doom I find are the exception. If you spray cannon fire from either gun position on gunship or transport cannon directly at the body of the enemy transport, you can usually get splash damage kills on the enemy crew and kill it easily. If you're in a transport and you get spotted first though, you're doomed.

The main weakness of the airbourne transport is that whilst flying, it cannot raise its altitude quickly, compared to a gunship that can just fly up. So flying above it in a gunship and getting TV missiles on it or cannon fire is generally guaranteed win, especially seeing as the transport cannons don't aim up very well, and the crew don't get good view either. Shame it rarely happens on public... people usually resort to SAAW's which against a self-repairing wrecking machine turn out to be fairly useless.

Oh, and I forgot that thanks to the EU transport right cannon FAIL, provided you keep on the right side of the transport it can't hit you :P If it's a PAC transport, get vertical on its ***.

Comment

Working...
                              X