Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What do you want in MW 2

Originally posted by Soldat
    I'd like to see realistic re-load animations. Things like snapping in the magazine then pulling the loading mechanism loading a round. Shell casings flying away in the correct direction.
    I'd like to see that as well, something more similar to the animation you get when you empty the entire clip.

The most important thing for me though is awesome animations in general, the way you reload the AK101 in BF2 is just badass

Comment

I'd actually be more interested in a wider range of reload animations for all weapons, which may change depending on, say, the character's stamina. So long as the reload time stays the same, I can't see any harm in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
        I'd like to see realistic re-load animations. Things like snapping in the magazine then pulling the loading mechanism loading a round. Shell casings flying away in the correct direction.

Further, semi-auto on full auto weapons. Make HC relevant then
        If you have a round is chambered, you don't have to pull the charging handle/bolt. The animations in CoD4 are pretty realistic except for the shotguns.

Comment

In CoD5 I noticed that if you dont empty the clip then your character doesn't load the chamber.

I dont know if I would want changes with reload animations. The only thing I would want to see is that the animation has to fully complete in order for the gun to be loaded. I hated in CoD4 where you had to fully wait on the skorpion, but all the others you could just give a sec then start shooting.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Micster
            I'd actually be more interested in a wider range of reload animations for all weapons, which may change depending on, say, the character's stamina. So long as the reload time stays the same, I can't see any harm in that.
            or if you're leaning against a wall you do a reload anim like in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R clear sky Arsenal mod (where the rifle is lifted left, its hard for me to describe it)

Comment

I'm sure the Allies and Axis have different reloading methods themselves, so i'd like to see a little variation between their reloading.

Comment

More objective based maps that are individual to the map, i.e a rocket launch site where team A has to cap 3 terminals and team B has to stop them/retake them...something along those lines.

Comment

on search and destroy your actually destroy something usefull, instead of a bunch of stinger missiles even if you are the jihad

mean like in cod2 you destroyed tanks and like 88 arty guns

Comment

^ That would be nice, and it definitely adds more strategy/variety to the maps. For example, CoD4 competition consisted of planting the bomb on the same site on various maps, but it was awesome when we played Toujane and had to plant strategically on the APC/tank and it added more (or at least newer) dynamics to the bomb site.

Comment

^ By that same token, I'll again mention MOHAA/SH. In their TOW (Tug of War) mode, you had various different mini-objectives. In one map, you had to steal a German Sub. Before you could do that, you had to first pull a lever to open the drydock doors, activate a control panel to disengage the locks on the sub, then jump on the sub and start it up...and I think you could even plant a bomb at either team spawn site that, if it successfully exploded, would prevent that team from spawning anymore (giving another way to win the round).

It was tons of fun, and required co-ordination and teamwork. I'd love to see something like that back again.

Comment

Teamwork??? Thats SPARTAAAAAAAA!

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          ^ By that same token, I'll again mention MOHAA/SH. In their TOW (Tug of War) mode, you had various different mini-objectives. In one map, you had to steal a German Sub. Before you could do that, you had to first pull a lever to open the drydock doors, activate a control panel to disengage the locks on the sub, then jump on the sub and start it up...and I think you could even plant a bomb at either team spawn site that, if it successfully exploded, would prevent that team from spawning anymore (giving another way to win the round).

It was tons of fun, and required co-ordination and teamwork. I'd love to see something like that back again.
                          That definitely sounds like a blast and would easily pull me away from the straight-forward SD to which I'm accustomed. Things like that where amazing amounts of teamwork are required add a whole new level to the game play, and I would hope that if something similar were implemented into the Call of Duty series that the competitive community would adopt it as an acceptable gametype, and I can't begin to imagine how much teamwork and strategy would then be possible.

Comment

You guys are describing things very similar to UT2004's Assault mode. For some reason they decided that mode wasn't popular enough and left it out of UT 3. I really liked some of the maps, especially custom maps, that had attack/defend and objectives that had some variety.

Comment

I loved both the TOW mode in MoH: SH and the Assault mode in UT2k4. Both of them required teamwork and great intense action, with interesting and relevant objectives. Yet for some reason, I guess they don't do as well with the overall public (at least from the mind of the developers) which sucks b/c I really enjoy those modes. That is the reason I play the WAR mode as it's somewhat along those lines of where the action is always constant on a certain objective and people need to work more as a team. Granted, the TOW and Assault modes are more detailed in that you're not just capping a flag at each point. Bring them back, bring them back! :yay:

Comment

I think in the end all I want is people to stop saying how its not CoD2. If they have to add a feature to do that, then DO IT!

That or people just go play CoD2.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X