It's Too Quiet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Too Quiet!!!

Is this game starting to die off? I noticed that cod5 servers and this site are starting to become dead.

My clan is even thinking of dropping our cod5 server and saving our $$$ for the next big FPS release. BF1943 or COD6?? Who knows at this point!!!

Any thoughts?

Re: It's Too Quiet!!!

tbh, although it is getting quieter as you say, it never was as popular as CoD4 and other CoD games. it never seemed to "take off" imo.

Comment

Its the stigma of CoD5 being a very bad game, even though it isn't actually that bad at all. People are refusing to play it because they say that its bad, but they havn't even played it themselves yet. I myself never got into public CoD5, but I do play on modded servers a lot now, and I have seen numbers drop aswell. Its a great pity that it never took off like cod4 did.

I mean, my clan pulled out of CoD5, we are back to CoD4 now.

Comment

Yes, the stigma can be there. Our numbers have actually increased some though with the recent map pack and patch coming up for PCs. It never has been as largely popular as CoD4, but I'm glad in a way. That means less noobs playing it thinking they're elite. I obviously don't want it to 'die off', but I think one reason I dislike CoD4 is b/c so many people play it who have never even played an FPS before just b/c it's a 'big game.'

Comment

CoD4 definitely had more hype, as will MW2. Personally, CoD4 just "feels" better than WAW - I can't explain it; if I want to play bolts I go back to CoD2.

Comment

Even if it's a pretty solid game... Treyarch did a lot of things wrong

Bolts are pretty nerfed which let a lot of old timers down. Lack of a /record functionality killed off the competitive community. Perks, while some love them others hate them. WW2 has been made before, and better. UAV, Airstrike and Heli is still there but in another form. Minor bugs.

etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
              I can't explain it; if I want to play bolts I go back to CoD2.
              See now there's the typical excuse of a person who can't move on and is stubborn. You have an old game, you've had many fun moments with, then you a new game comes out, which is bassically a better version of the original, with more customizability and you bash it because you want to stay stuck with your old game. "I don't know how to explain it." Becazse there's nothing to explain.

I have COD2 sitting on my desk right now, and COD5 next to it. When I see COD2 I think, "Man that was a fun game, but it's great they made so many improvements." I remember in COD2, you'd get these laser bolt-actions that would rape anything at any range, and to add to the b***s*** you'd get 3 grenades to spam at areas frequently populated on maps the very second you span its "Ok nuke time, I'll throw a few over here and see what happens."

I know we're talking about a game here, but some people are acting somewhat "Childish" may I say.

EDIT: I can think of many things that could of been improved in COD5, but Treyarch did a pretty good job. A couple things without really thinking too much would be.

-No Martyrdom
              -Better campaign (Crysis, Brothers in Arms style where you get attached to the characters and there's actually a story. Not spawn in the jungle in some well known battle and spam your Thompson, make a story.)
              -No UAV (It's WW2 FFS, and each person didn't have a little radio where the gay could say where others are.)
              -Dogs...WTF? (I love the 3 points though...other then that I've only been killed by dogs maybe 2-3 dozen times at the most. They're easy to kill, just gota have timing.)
              -Better damage system, you can't shoot back for 1-3 seconds once you're hit, depending on the wound, you limp if it's a leg shot (Like in the COD4 scene when you're walking around after the nuke), stomach shot you fall on the ground for a bit and try to get up, chest shot...well...notify the next of kin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                See now there's the typical excuse of a person who can't move on and is stubborn. You have an old game, you've had many fun moments with, then you a new game comes out, which is bassically a better version of the original, with more customizability and you bash it because you want to stay stuck with your old game. "I don't know how to explain it." Becazse there's nothing to explain.

I have COD2 sitting on my desk right now, and COD5 next to it. When I see COD2 I think, "Man that was a fun game, but it's great they made so many improvements." I remember in COD2, you'd get these laser bolt-actions that would rape anything at any range, and to add to the b***s*** you'd get 3 grenades to spam at areas frequently populated on maps the very second you span its "Ok nuke time, I'll throw a few over here and see what happens."

I know we're talking about a game here, but some people are acting somewhat "Childish" may I say.

EDIT: I can think of many things that could of been improved in COD5, but Treyarch did a pretty good job. A couple things without really thinking too much would be.

-No Martyrdom
                -Better campaign (Crysis, Brothers in Arms style where you get attached to the characters and there's actually a story. Not spawn in the jungle in some well known battle and spam your Thompson, make a story.)
                -No UAV (It's WW2 FFS, and each person didn't have a little radio where the gay could say where others are.)
                -Dogs...WTF? (I love the 3 points though...other then that I've only been killed by dogs maybe 2-3 dozen times at the most. They're easy to kill, just gota have timing.)
                -Better damage system, you can't shoot back for 1-3 seconds once you're hit, depending on the wound, you limp if it's a leg shot (Like in the COD4 scene when you're walking around after the nuke), stomach shot you fall on the ground for a bit and try to get up, chest shot...well...notify the next of kin.
                Overreaction much... I'm not bashing WAW. All I said was I prefer CoD4. And maybe you misunderstood "if I want to play bolts I got back to CoD2." There are many bolt-only servers in CoD2 with a 1 (or 0) grenade limit; I can't remember the names of the ones I play on, but they usually run TDM or CTF. I have not been so successful in WAW (though I have found a couple bolt-only servers). In addition, the [im]balance you mention of the bolts in CoD2 is meaningless if everybody has one.

I am not afraid to change and move on to a new game. It is possible for people to dislike WAW despite all the new stuff that has been added; heck, it could be simply because I'm joining the wrong servers! I apologize for deriving greater pleasure from CoD4 than WAW and assure you I will henceforth prefer every new CoD game created.

Comment

I love WaW. I've played it almost daily since it came out. I did the same thing with CoD4 before WaW. Haven't been back to MW since WaW came out. I think the game is awesome.

I love the ranking up. I never played the power servers so I'm still working my way up the ranks. I love starting over and beginning the game with the default weapons and then quickly earning the G43 and later the STG. I play on the same four or five servers and the competition is quite stiff (shut up, you). In fact, I think I'll go have a few rounds now.

Comment

I dont think the game is dying, at least I have no problems finding servers to play on or anything like that.

The main thing as far as forums go is what is there to talk about that hasnt been discussed? Kinda like the COD4 boards.

As for the game, it had a number of issues such as it being made by Treyarch for some, it looked too much like CoD4, it didnt look like CoD2, It wasnt modern, and the bugs in the game that was just too much for some.

Its almost like it was just setup to fail to a degree.

I still enjoy it though

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Throughout my COD experiences with both COD:WAW and COD4, I think the major difference is pace.

COD4 plays a much faster "flowish" game than World at War does. Like Iwantcable said, it's rather difficult to describe.

And there's also the fact that WWII games are really starting to age on everyone, along with the fact that modern weapons are awesome to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                        Overreaction much... I'm not bashing WAW. All I said was I prefer CoD4. And maybe you misunderstood "if I want to play bolts I got back to CoD2." There are many bolt-only servers in CoD2 with a 1 (or 0) grenade limit; I can't remember the names of the ones I play on, but they usually run TDM or CTF. I have not been so successful in WAW (though I have found a couple bolt-only servers). In addition, the [im]balance you mention of the bolts in CoD2 is meaningless if everybody has one.

I am not afraid to change and move on to a new game. It is possible for people to dislike WAW despite all the new stuff that has been added; heck, it could be simply because I'm joining the wrong servers! I apologize for deriving greater pleasure from CoD4 than WAW and assure you I will henceforth prefer every new CoD game created.
                        Lol alright, but I don't want to play with the SAME weapon forever in some old game. Guess this will be another agree-to-disagree "Debat" shall we call it.

Anyway I have COD2, COD4 and COD5, so I've played alot in the series, so I know em all right, aswell as many many other WW2 games and other FPSs, but I must say COD5 is amazing.

If you live in Europe, try the WIC War only server

Comment

I never even bought it for PC... That's how excited I was about it..

BRING ON MW2!!!! :weo:

Comment

^that's the exact reason it's quiet.

Comment

yeah, since there isn't that long inbetween WaW and MW:2, people are deciding to wait for MW:2 and not get WaW.
                              curse you people.

Comment

Working...
                              X