Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 & my suggestions for DLC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 & my suggestions for DLC.

Anti aircarft kit?? What is this based on? Stars wars?

Fix 3 things:

Hitboxes

Make servers be allowed to have special forces, booster packs and vanilla bf2 all in one server ratation. (combine the games).
    This may boost sales but also give more variety to the game.

Transport helicopters have a splash damage. However no where near as effective as the minigun on a helicopter.

Counter cheat measures (which you are working on, good job :thumbsup

Everything else can wait, hell even transport helis and nerf of j10 can wait lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
      It still sucks to own both of the boosters and have no one with which to play. Every server I've tried in the past year with a ping of less than 150 has been a "time server." :rawr
      I hear you, Those AF maps were so much fun when people were playing AF; especially operation harvest.

Comment

AA unlock for AT and slightly buffed transport chopper guns would be great. Imo the unlocks for AT should have been Stinger then the RPG for SF.

The F35's hover is really only for taking off and capping flags lol, how would you use it in combat given the chance to have a highly maneuverable hover jet?

I think most of us would be happy with better air to air missiles and a better balanced J-10.

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
        Anti aircarft kit?? What is this based on? Stars wars?

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
          I hear you, Those AF maps were so much fun when people were playing AF; especially operation harvest.
          Operating Harvest was one of my most favourite maps in the whole game, the mass tank battles were so much fun!

Comment

I play those battles in AIX all the time... I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
              I play those battles in AIX all the time... I'm just saying...
              Against bots or real people?

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                AF usually has at least one server; LegionAtWar is usually up when I'm on (weekends). EF is a bigger problem; if there is any non-time-server populated at all it's the Gotland server where I tend to have a bad ping time. Even SF is a bit of a problem since almost all the populated servers are 24x7 Ghost Town or Warlord and I'd really like to play all the maps at least occasionally.

Comment

Candys sometimes plays AF for you UK people!

It's a great server

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                    Against bots or real people?
                    Mostly bots since I'm taking a break from MP gaming until the next Battlefield game.

Have you played AIX with the new AI strategies and the bots on max settings? It's not easier than playing real people for the most part (although there can be a predictibility factor if you play the same map repeatedly).

I'm fortunate enough to have a hobby where I like to customize BF2 maps and mods and I've build a private SP mod for AIX which runs all the content from all the other mods from within AIX. I'm fortunate to have a very, very large collection of maps I've cutomized and rebuilt. Shhh. :wee:

And for anyone out there interested, don't even ask. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours making this and it is completey illegal and unethical to redistribute. If you had the desire you could do it your self and that is the only help you'll get from me other that to point to to Battlefield SinglePlayer and BF2Editor forums. Sorry no gifts. I have so much respect for the original authors that I would do nothing to compromize that the hard work and kudos they deserve.

I'd like to call out by name CliveWil from AIX who had given much time and effort to make great aircraft and support many mod teams and also the infamous Kysterama who has probabaly made more unique content for this game than anyone else. Last but far from least, SturmTiger aka iamtheheadhunter has made the largest collection of battlefield remakes and unique creations for maps at zero cost to the community. They are some of the best maps available. The folks deserve our respect. :salute:

For those of you who haven't: Please download and try out the BF2 mods for Allied Intent Xtended, Point of Exisitence 2, Operation Peace Keeper, and Project Reality mods. They can really expand your Battlefield 2 experience and each has their own "flavor". There's more too, if you get tired of those... I can't believe I almost forgot about Forgotten Hope 2. Well, maybe a different name for the mod...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                      Mostly bots since I'm taking a break from MP gaming until the next Battlefield game.

Have you played AIX with the new AI strategies and the bots on max settings? It's not easier than playing real people for the most part (although there can be a predictibility factor if you play the same map repeatedly).
                      Difficulty isn't what I care about, it's the whole thing where you play against 40 to 60 other real people in a server. The beauty of Battlefield is that everything that's done is done by a real person, not by scripting or AI. Though I suppose having bots actually controlling jets/choppers/whatever is better than just building those into the map like CoD4.

Honestly I'd feel a bit lonely playing against bots everyday. How many people play co-op in AIX?

Comment

Working...
                      X