Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 & my suggestions for DLC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 & my suggestions for DLC.

After thousands of hours spent playing BF2 in all it's forms, here are my suggestions for improvement.

A single portable Stinger and Igla launcher for the anti-tank class. A 3-4 missile load, SMG, pistol and knife would be an appropriate kit. Reload and sighting times can be played with for balance.

The F35 is a VTOL aircraft. This feature has enormous gameplay potential, and has never been implemented correctly at all. I propose that the F35 be allowed far greater mobility while hovering.

A reduction in turning rates and speed for the J10.

An increase in the tracking ability and hit probability for air-to-air missles.

A slight increase in fire rate (with a slower heat-up) for the transport helicopter weapons.

The Assault class should be equipped with 4 special grenades (smoke or flashbang).

Some other thoughts on DLC:

A DICE sactioned community map pack, seperate from any patches. A selection of the best community maps, optimised and playable on ranked servers.

This one is out there as rediculous, but I might as well say it. Special Forces, Euro Force, and Armoured Fury content released as a free update.

Why I think DLC is a good idea for BF2 at this stage of it's shelf-life:

At this point Battlefield 2 is yet to be surpassed by another developer. Battlefield 2 has a large installed base. DLC will be an indicator as to whether large quantities of DLC can grow a popular but old and unrivaled game. Maybe even driving the budget BF2 sales ala Starcraft. It would be best to capitalize on the situation. Retain and grow your fanbase by fixing any flaws and adding content. There might not be an immediate monetary recuperation for DLC.
    Battlefield 2 is a classic treat it as such. :thumbsup:

Re: Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5 & my suggestions for DLC.

Yeah, free add on packs, won't happen. Everything else sounds plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ
      This one is out there as rediculous, but I might as well say it. Special Forces, Euro Force, and Armoured Fury content released as a free update.
      good luck :thumbsup:

Comment

Air-to-air missiles are fine you just need more practice, if you cant take down a J-10 with them. Everything else is fine.

Comment

I think the first thing they should fix is the Armored Fury / Euroforces registration process. I have emailed them a dozen times on this and never once received a response. I bought the both of them like a year ago and still am not allowed to play them. But their website wont let me register them.

EA blows.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ

A DICE sactioned community map pack, seperate from any patches. A selection of the best community maps, optimised and playable on ranked servers.
            i totally 100 % agree with that. It would be so easy for them to implement and the benefits would be awesome. I'm tired of the same old maps.

Comment

Originally posted by shiftydood
              good luck :thumbsup:
              Agreed. Good luck.

Yet, what about all of us whom paid for them? Too effing bad or what? See, we paid for them, yet 50% of us are unable to play them either due to registration issues, or the retarded patching process.:thumbsup: But to be honest, Armored Fury kicks a$$!:yay:

Comment

Armoured Fury does rock my socks, in fact, so does Euro Forces!

Comment

I like the suggestions and the community map packs wouldnt even cost dice much, mainly liscencing and some game balance issues possibly at worst. It would make a huge difference to this old but classic game

More smoke grenades would be great and make the smoke thicker as well

Comment

All community maps would have to pass through a Q&A and probably be edited a bit before going public. It's not quite as easy as rounding up maps and putting them on the tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      All community maps would have to pass through a Q&A and probably be edited a bit before going public. It's not quite as easy as rounding up maps and putting them on the tubes.
                      I understand that but its a lot les hasstle and expensive than creating new maps and cotent:shock:

Comment

Seriously, get the patch out yesterday. Nevermind the new content nobody cares about. Fix the bugs that have been there for years first.

Patch management for BF2 have been horrible from the start. There are tons of good mods that take care of new content and tweaking, just focus on fixing the game engine. Pretty please ?

Comment

I suspect if they polled everyone that bought one or more of the expansions/boosters they'd find far more approve of giving them away free now than disapprove. Anything to get more populated servers running them.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                            I suspect if they polled everyone that bought one or more of the expansions/boosters they'd find far more approve of giving them away free now than disapprove. Anything to get more populated servers running them.
                            Yes, but there will always be legal implications and you know some *** hat will exploit the situation and try and extract a refund, possibly damages.

Comment

It still sucks to own both of the boosters and have no one with which to play. Every server I've tried in the past year with a ping of less than 150 has been a "time server." :rawr

Comment

Working...
                              X