Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Fix - Lolyn@2142

Wooooooo video time.

I went for a more rapid-kill approach with quick streaks, generally if I watch a frag movie I don't want to see the person fill the movie with running around kill-hunting/healing/reloading... so I tried to remove any filler and keep it purely killing. Most of the infantry footage aside from the first minute or so is captured on clanmod unranked servers against (generally speaking), higher skilled clan players, so hopefully I can add some credibility to the kills. Unfortunately this comes with the sad fact that most clanmod servers are camp gib 16man... so lacking a bit of map variety.

Comes with music, some sound synching and in game sound (except for gunship portion) is preserved. Captured in fraps (yay lag = low graphics time), and used a mix of vegas and after effects for rendering, effects, and title sequences (I think absolute_zero and I found the same tutorial website, ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec5-OQp74Jw Enjoy, watch in HQ, whatever. I just hope you likey

Re: Quick Fix - Lolyn@2142

Nice video.

Comment

man if half of those guys didn't have defibs, they might have lived.

nice air transport soloing, i gotta try that sometime.

Comment

Solo air transport was :awes

Pretty good music and some excellent crouch spamming behind crates in clanmod. Nice HD quality too

Comment

It looked like it lagged or you didn't have many fps , other than that it was a massacre

Comment

Yeah nice vid, and I do believe we went to the same place for those after effects tutorials lol
            I noticed some unfamiliar billboard advertisements too. Your game looks kinda bright, is that something you did or is it just me?

Comment

cheats hacks and macro's ! (pardon my french/german/any european player)

n1 dude love the "zoom-to-gun" transition worked alot better than i imagined and i may have to steal it if i do any other videos

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                cheats hacks and macro's ! (pardon my french/german/any european player)

n1 dude love the "zoom-to-gun" transition worked alot better than i imagined and i may have to steal it if i do any other videos
                lol, aye I figured that one out when I wanted to blend 2 particular scenes together that had bugger all else in common... but it turns out it works quite well in the absence of BR filler transitions. But yes, where's your video ***** :P

Absolute - I modified the video colours, contrast and diffusion a fair bit since on my graphics setup whilst recording, everything looks a bit... crap, and as davoli noticed, I still get lag, yay. Compensates a little, maybe overdone, I dunno... looks better than it did anyway

Comment

yeah about that .... :P

Comment

best frag video i've ever seen for bf2142. excellent excellent excellent. very very nice.

you have in-game sound, you have modified lighting that looks better, you have no stupid filler just all kills, you have music synched with lots of things in the video, the gunship sequences were really fun to watch, your movie has a serious tone while at the same time you have great shooting skills and kill sequences to back it up, you have music i find really fitting and fresh to listen to. well made. i give 5 stars. i hardly rate any videos a full 5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                      best frag video i've ever seen for bf2142. excellent excellent excellent. very very nice.

you have in-game sound, you have modified lighting that looks better, you have no stupid filler just all kills, you have music synched with lots of things in the video, the gunship sequences were really fun to watch, your movie has a serious tone while at the same time you have great shooting skills and kill sequences to back it up, you have music i find really fitting and fresh to listen to. well made. i give 5 stars. i hardly rate any videos a full 5 stars.
                      Lol, cheers field man means a lot. I tried to follow a more CoD4 frag movie style way of creating it (and most of what you say in your last paragraph is sort of because of that... on the whole CoD4 frag movies are a whole lot more interesting than 2142). The only real difference is that most CoD4 movies seem to be filmed from matches. And yeah, music... well... I wanted something that wasn't the prodigy or pendulum :P

I've almost already been coaxed into doing another one, but if I do there'll probably be some more BR footage - as my clan is going into the playoffs of the ESL cup, and entering another cup... I'm reluctant to fraps those games as performance decrease means I'd probably get raped (we actually played a friendly vs PHANTOMS, Europes best clan atm... and fraps just meant I was getting destroyed by triggy, hammerz et al), but we'll see... making that video was probably fun enough to make another

Question is... was it enough to make you make another field? :P

Comment

well for some reason that new movie editor i got doesnt accept the audio in the fraps video files that i import but then i can also use the Xfire recorder but then sometimes the audio starts to lag and the picture doesnt look 100% as good but theyre just little problems i could probably work around.

one of the biggest deterents to recording though is what you were mentioning which is decreased performance when playing.

so i personally wouldnt record when playing a match but i dont think many people have done that before and if your able to pull it off that would be big points.

Comment

2:45 and 3:05 look really good with the gunship

Comment

one thing i was wondering when you record video and put it together how exactly do you go about doing it?

because with me i would sometimes publish it in small chunks. put them together and then publish it all as one movie. do you just keep all of your recorded avi files on your hard drive, put the video together and publish it all at once? what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                              one thing i was wondering when you record video and put it together how exactly do you go about doing it?

because with me i would sometimes publish it in small chunks. put them together and then publish it all as one movie. do you just keep all of your recorded avi files on your hard drive, put the video together and publish it all at once? what do you do?
                              Well... I'll go through basically what I do...

I'm a bit fussy with videos but generally... I start with a music track I like that has potential for variety/kill-music-synching etc, listen a few times and "visualise" a few ideas for certain sections. Then go and record some footage (and again, fussy with that, I delete a hell of a lot of redundant clips and "near misses" where you don't quite get the full streak of kills etc). Once I've got a few minutes worth of good clips, I'll start fitting them into different areas of the timeline, trying to keep similar clips together (by number of kills/map played on/area of map) etc, and trying to get certain kills to fit in with different areas of the music. I don't publish anything by this point because it keeps everything easily changed

By that point I normally have the video 50% done with lots of gaps in the timeline where I can film more footage for. When filled, apply effects, camera movements, transitions etc, then add titles/credits.

I definitely publish the movie once it's done and then only though, I find it much easier editing the entire thing in a raw fashion. I do end up with a lot of space eaten up on my harddrive, but if you delete the crap as you record, it's managable. If you has Xfire then I can babble more there.

... and lol... 3.05 gunship part was an accident in filming (twitchy camera switch finger) but synched up well with the music... I'm not complaining

Comment

Working...
                              X