How do I stop.. sucking :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop.. sucking :(

I started up a new account recently and have almost hit 2,500 global score promotion. However.. my kill/death ratio is roughly 1000/1100 respectively.

Yeah. I'm doing terribad. I checked my old account to see what that was like considering I never really payed attention to Kill/Death back then, and it was 11,000 / 13,000.

Honestly, I don't know how I fail so hard. I saw a guy on the leaderboards with around 60,000 kills and 1000 deaths.

How do people do it :| i'm a damn bullet magnet..

Re: How do I stop.. sucking

60k:1k is called stat padding. But 2-0 can be easily achieved. I had 2.2:1 on my 3 star account. Now with my new account I am around 1.7:1 but I don't play as serious anymore.

The biggest thing is simply hand eye coordination, some people have it, some don't. The next biggest thing would be knowing the game backwards, forwards, inside and out.

Comment

Are we talking about infantry or vehicles here?

If I was to give some generic advice I'd say watch some videos by good players and simply mimic them. If you say what you want to get better at I can give you a list of videos that will help...

Comment

I play mostly infantry.. so i'm not sure what sort of thing will help. I jump around between support / sniper.

Comment

It's all about decision making: When to move, or hold your position. What distance should you start engaging targets... and when you should never engage a target...

Team play can be a major factor also. If you play alongside other players, you'll learn from them. If you only run around doing what you want to do, you won't learn as much. Joining an on-going tournament which meets online weekly is a great way to pick up these skills.

If you really want to improve, take what you are good at and do it until you're really good at it.

TBH - those stats don't mean that much. Play for fun.

Comment

Meh who cares for stats?.. You should see my stats ROFL

This was the first game I ever played online on a PC and this is my first profile which I use for everything.. From messing around with friends to plane and heli practice to just running around being bored and blowing sh*t up xD

Comment

Well, stay in groups, you're less likely to get hit. Honestly though, don't worry about the stats, just have fun.

Comment

It is nothing to do with decision making. The way to get better is to perfect the basics. This is whats 95% of players cannot do right and so they will never become extremely good.

The thing you must work on is recoil.

This is a guns kick when bullets shoot. The guns in bf2 must be shot a certain way to shoot accurately. Even a newish player with great recoil technique can get a great score. This counts for close range and long range.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Y58HNYhzQ&feature=PlayList&p=BD228319F4C AFB65&index=0&playnext=1[/media]

This video goes through recoil. Watch this and learn it well. Once this becomes second nature you will get many many more kills.

The second video is more about movement and shooting techniques. This is only important if you have good recoil technique. Master the first one. Then move to the second. I'm a 3 star general and have always neglected recoil, now I have taken an interest I find I do not need 10bullets per kill anymore. I have improved greatly.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfjD7pzP8ak&feature=PlayList&p=BD228319F4C AFB65&playnext=1&index=1[/media]

As said before, learn these after you have done the first video.

Finally if you want to practise recoil shooting, go on a single player karkand game on easy. Shoot targets at a range of 10-15m with a burst of no more than 7 bullets whilst standing with the Ak47. When done correctly you should kill the target. When you can do this youll be better than 80% of players on public servers.

Comment

set yourself up for defence as no one does this and wait for them to enter your crosshairs but use very few bullets to attrack attention,then wait there is usually a medic that jumps on him and revives so you can get both,then pile up the bodies

then move because that spot is known.

Repeat till cleaning is desired:salute:

If you play defence you can usually get golds and yop scores without the marathon flag hop lol

Comment

Thanks guys.

Does anyone have any advice for F35 VS J10? With me being the F35 pilot. I haven't done much flying, so my defensive manoeuvres absolutely suck. If i'm in a J10 I just usually slack and fly in circles until I end up behind the american pilot, but that won't cut it in a F35. The J10's just turn too fast ;<

Comment

The only effective way to escape the J10 is to fly at 700m, the boundary between out of control and in game, you'll notice your jet flies a lot faster.

That is the best way to out fly the J10 as you'll never out manoeuvre it.

Comment

don't worry about K/D just have fun man.

Comment

Choose medic kit and unlock G36E However, as others said you should have fun even if your K/D ratio sux.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                            The only effective way to escape the J10 is to fly at 700m, the boundary between out of control and in game, you'll notice your jet flies a lot faster.

That is the best way to out fly the J10 as you'll never out manoeuvre it.
                            Yes. And no. Definately the best way but not the only. My favorite way to dodge J10s is to out stunt them. The key to this is to learn your maps; take time to practice stunts. Just learn to fly through one or two seemingly-impossible gaps; there are a lot of em on Dragon.

And on any map with F35s there is a carrier. You can park the F35 in the boat dock under the carrier by going full speed and scraping the roof on the way in. Usually you'll get there too late and a missile will have followed you. And sometimes the enemy jet just keeps following you and slams right into you when you stop. But if it's timed just right you'll have that pilot hissing and spitting.

It's also a good place to hide stolen J10s for an entire round; just get the commander to babysit them with a wrench.

But in general just fly above 400 meters as much as possible otherwise you wont have enough speed to ditch a J10 no matter how high you go after it locks you.

And when all else fails and you know you're screwed, just get as close to the carrier as you can and as high as possible and bail.

Comment

always join a big squad with high ranks if you can - if your on your own you get picked off a lot. Go medic stay at the back and try and shoot from there, you'll also be in a good position to revive your team mates.

Comment

Working...
                              X