Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know wake island in 1943 but what about the other two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know wake island in 1943 but what about the other two?

Originally posted by antihero View Post
    It has been awhile, but I can say Guadalcanal had both teams starting on either end of the island with a base. If they were uncappable bases I can't remember. If they were cappable that would explain your memory, but that isn't how the map was from start.
    The two airfields were both uncappable. Guadalcanal is, in fact, the only vanilla Pacific BF1942 map where both teams start off on land. Wake starts off with the Japanese on the carrier/destroyer, Iwo Jima starts off with the US on the carrier, and Midway starts off with BOTH teams out at sea and all the land flags neutral. Unless there's another map in the Pacific Theatre I'm forgetting (Coral Sea, IIRC, was aircraft only and had no land bases, but it's been a long time since last I played).

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
      The two airfields were both uncappable. Guadalcanal is, in fact, the only vanilla Pacific BF1942 map where both teams start off on land. Wake starts off with the Japanese on the carrier/destroyer, Iwo Jima starts off with the US on the carrier, and Midway starts off with BOTH teams out at sea and all the land flags neutral. Unless there's another map in the Pacific Theatre I'm forgetting (Coral Sea, IIRC, was aircraft only and had no land bases, but it's been a long time since last I played).
      http://battlefield2.filefront.com/info/BF1942_Maps

Comment

Originally posted by antihero View Post

I disagree with everything you say, so to me DICE is awake and you're asleep. I can't imagine you ever played BF1942, it had some of the best maps ever made in the Battlefield franchise!
        huh?whats your point?i was just saying those maps arent my best choice of what bf1942 had IMO,and to say i didnt play 1942 well look at my post count and age!i joined here the day bf2 came out and was on planet battlefield before that.

show sum respect please:salute:

Originally posted by (BG)Patton View Post
        you are so wrong sir. unlike bf2 the anti aircraft guns were highly effective in bringing down planes so air whoring was non existant. iwo jima was on e of the best maps on the game and wake was always a good time. i dont think you ever played 1942.

i really hope they add coral sea. that was freaking awesome
        yes flak cannons worked good back then but will it be so balanced like 42 now?

your forgetting some other good maps bf1942 had lol

and yes i out rank you here so i did play 1942:salute:,did you?

Comment

RAMBO claiming you played a game does not give you any credibility. It does not matter what maps you think are the best, it matters which is the most popular.

The flak cannons issue, the trailer suggests it will be similar to bf1942. However my guess will be that they are slightly stronger for there will be fewer veheicals (i think).

1943 has 3 maps. They take the most popular 3 from the old game. Why does any more maps matter? Again no1 cares how long you played the game lol.

Comment

The official news says it's Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Wake Island. Anyway I can't wait for this game.

Comment

i see the other pacific maps like miday, coral sea, phillipines sold separately later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                i see the other pacific maps like miday, coral sea, phillipines sold separately later on.

I don't like the idea of spending more money on a mini game with add on content. Especially if you end up spending the same or more on it than a traditional, boxed release. $20 for three maps? Should be 6 maps for $20.

Comment

Working...
                X