Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know wake island in 1943 but what about the other two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know wake island in 1943 but what about the other two?

I know wake island in 1943 because I played the demo of battlefield 1942, but and please forgive me, what are the other two? Any videos of them from 1942 on youtube or something? Im not a PC gamer but I want to learn more about the other two maps that will come with 1943 then just wake island.

Re: I know wake island in 1943 but what about the other two?

Dunno. Did they say it would be pacific maps or just the best from 1942?

Comment

Bet you all my Pokemon cards that Midway is in there.

Comment

Wake, Guadalcanal (i think) Or Iwo Jima, Midway would make sense as it was very popular, could also be invasion of the Philippines,

Comment

The two favourite maps that did it for me in 1942 was Gazala ( wow those capture the flag rounds will live with me for ever) and El Alamein was good also. Stunning large maps with Dog fights and strafing jeeps with the odd tank battle in for good measure.

How good was it to come out the sky and blow that enemy tank up to save your fellow team mate in a jeep or tank. I used to fight tooth and nail to cover team mates.

Comment

Originally posted by sav112 View Post
            The two favourite maps that did it for me in 1942 was Gazala ( wow those capture the flag rounds will live with me for ever) and El Alamein was good also. Stunning large maps with Dog fights and strafing jeeps with the odd tank battle in for good measure.

Those were the African/Middle East front. 1943 is the Pacific campaign.

Comment

Guadalcanal YouTube Video BF1942

IwoJima YouTube Video BF1942

Comment

Midway would kind of suck without being able to move the ships. Then again with only 24 players maybe not. But yeah, Wake, Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima.

Comment

All the crap maps that was in 1942

Only good for AIR whoring

wake up Dice islands suk

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post

wake up Dice islands suk
                    No one says you have to play it, why don't you play BFH for ground combat, DICE stated the planes are less influential over the ground battle.

Comment

Iwojima was nice for infantry combat. Guadalcanal was great once on the island, but often took a lot of effort to get there if your the only one trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Paladin View Post
                        I know wake island in 1943 because I played the demo of battlefield 1942, but and please forgive me, what are the other two? Any videos of them from 1942 on youtube or something? Im not a PC gamer but I want to learn more about the other two maps that will come with 1943 then just wake island.
                        They have stated the maps are Wake Island, Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima.

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                        Those were the African/Middle East front. 1943 is the Pacific campaign.
                        NO! They were only in Africa. Northern Africa is not the Middle East! Never has been, never will. Gazala is in Libya and El Alamein in Egypt.

wake up Dice islands suk
                        I disagree with everything you say, so to me DICE is awake and you're asleep. I can't imagine you ever played BF1942, it had some of the best maps ever made in the Battlefield franchise!

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                        Iwojima was nice for infantry combat. Guadalcanal was great once on the island, but often took a lot of effort to get there if your the only one trying.
                        It has been awhile, but I can say Guadalcanal had both teams starting on either end of the island with a base. If they were uncappable bases I can't remember. If they were cappable that would explain your memory, but that isn't how the map was from start.

Comment

No need to be trolling now is there?

Comment

Looking back at those 1942 maps I realize how great it would be to play a new WW2 Battlefield game. Not 1943, but a full pc release.

Comment

wake up Dice islands suk

you are so wrong sir. unlike bf2 the anti aircraft guns were highly effective in bringing down planes so air whoring was non existant. iwo jima was on e of the best maps on the game and wake was always a good time. i dont think you ever played 1942.

i really hope they add coral sea. that was freaking awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X