Having only three maps is what will ultimately make this fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having only three maps is what will ultimately make this fail

While game play is important. it has essentially been the same throughout the entire battlefield series. A winning formula has essentially been found, and all that is required for game play is tweaking weapons/vehicles/etc. in different games in order to keep in from becoming too dull. I have few doubts that Dice will use what they already know in making the game play good, even if very familiar. In my opinion what made the Battlefield series was the quality and quantity of the maps. It is very hard to create a map where even after you completely memorize the map you still want to continue playing it. Even if this is done expertly a map can still grow dull over time. Having the advantage of large amounts of maps can help in preventing any one from becoming too tiresome.

Having only three maps will make it very difficult to keep people's attention for long, and unless they are expertly made. Having Wake Island is also a big minus as most Battlefield fans have played it so many times they could build a model of it perfectly to scale.

Re: Having only three maps is what will ultimately make this fail

Maybe. One thing I noticed in all games though is generally there are two or three favorites and all other maps are forgotten.

The options to have others are nice and make it a lot more long lasting, but I dont know if a "mini game" is suppose to be.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They don't want a $15 game to have a long-lasting playerbase. They probably are kicking themselves for having a $50 game last four years (BF2).

Comment

Well thats there fault! the market is right here $$$ for a DECENT BF game.But after 4 years they wake up with a new game.oh sorry i mean DEMO

Comment

Something to keep in mind...although many of us like WWII, there are a lot of people, especially newer/younger gamers, that don't care for it much. They prefer the BF2/COD4/BF2142 settings.

BF1942 came out during those few yrs when the popularity of Saving Private Ryan, Medal of Honor, and COD1 were near their peak. A lot of people think WWII has been done to death, and they are not as into it anymore.

From that perspective, making a full-version of BF1943 may not make much sense. Maybe they will have more success starting off small, then possibly adding more maps/features in the future, whether through patching or expansion.

Comment

whiskey is right

now days the big market is in consoles, and all of the console noobs couldent care less about history or ww2 (their fav games are halo 3, gears of war2 and soon to be killzone 2 ffs) what dice is doing is throwing out this mini game (bf1943) to see if there is still anyone out there who likes "realistic" games. if we do all buy bf1943 they will be encouraged to make the full game and us ww2 hardcore players will be happy. as long as they dont **** this up.

i will play the demo for sure and most likely buy the game. i havent given up on dice quite yet

Comment

Maybe they realized that people only focus on a few maps in both BF2 and BF2142.

*coughkarkandcoughgibraltarcough*

Comment

It's only $15 dollars. $10 for 3 maps and a few new weapons or vehicles like in booster packs, and $5 for a new engine. Seems like an okay deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
                  Maybe they realized that people only focus on a few maps in both BF2 and BF2142.

*coughkarkandcoughgibraltarcough*
                  bless you!

lol this thread is a joke. Do you have any experience in making pc games, and how they are popular. Do you have any experience with DICE and know the future of this game. Do you know DICE's aims and expectations of the release of this game?

If history can tell us anything, the biggest games in the BF2 series is the one which is first released.
                  BF2 did better than 2142.
                  1942 did better than BF vietnam.

If the first release is a game with smaller content, then it suggests its a test for the next big game to be released. And perhaps if it does well, content will be added.

I do not think comments such as:
                  "Having only three maps is what will ultimately make this fail"
                  have any validity what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                    bless you!

lol this thread is a joke. Do you have any experience in making pc games, and how they are popular. Do you have any experience with DICE and know the future of this game. Do you know DICE's aims and expectations of the release of this game?

If history can tell us anything, the biggest games in the BF2 series is the one which is first released.

If the first release is a game with smaller content, then it suggests its a test for the next big game to be released. And perhaps if it does well, content will be added.

Amen! I look forward to playing this and only paying about 1/3 the price of a full game!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                      Something to keep in mind...although many of us like WWII, there are a lot of people, especially newer/younger gamers, that don't care for it much. They prefer the BF2/COD4/BF2142 settings.

BF1942 came out during those few yrs when the popularity of Saving Private Ryan, Medal of Honor, and COD1 were near their peak. A lot of people think WWII has been done to death, and they are not as into it anymore.

From that perspective, making a full-version of BF1943 may not make much sense. Maybe they will have more success starting off small, then possibly adding more maps/features in the future, whether through patching or expansion.
                      And its ****ty games like MoH that give it that generic reputation, CoH did very well for another ww2 rts, and you know why? because its not just using ww2 as an easy ride and milking the **** out of it. People get bored because you only ever see the same place in nearly all ww2 games, Normandy, bit of Russia small bit of North Africa, if devs actually did something orignal with their design and focused on something other than '**** YEAR AMERICA D-DAY' then people might appreciate it more.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                        bless you!

Dude ! you fail to realize 4 years have passed!!not 2 years but 4!!,and people want a full game now not a small game that comes later with $10 updates packs, thus costing you $100 in the end for a full game.

It may be about buying games online now and getting credit card
                        details as we all seen happen with bf2 packs

Im starting to think you work for EA or are in bed with them some how?:shock:.

Ive been playing battlefield for 6-7 years and i feel left behind with a small game:salute:,infact why call it battlefield at all?.All i see is money making tactics using the good BF name to sucker you all in.

If you dont stand up they will sell us all one map games that you download(saving them so much shipping/packaging money),even marketing is cheaper if it all online(oh yes even getting you credit card number makes them money because they use marketing companies to track what you buy )

Its all rather a scam,not like going to a store and buying a full game in a box

say goodbye to games instore eventually

Comment

Battlefield series is not the only game avaliable. You guys cry about everything. You are getting a new modern warfare battlefield game. But this is not enough because it is not an exclusive pc release. You are complaining this modern combat game has not been released yet and is a long way away. But then you complain DICE is ruining the battlefield name by not producing good enough quality of games, even before the game has been released.

Would you rather a decent modern combat game which has been worked on for a long time? Or a rushed game which is not ready for release. By the sounds of your complaining you want neither.

And its nice of a 37 year old (man i think?) to insult a teenager LOL. HAHAHAHA

Comment

I mean no offence and like a good friendly debate

Comment

Try act your age.

Comment

Working...
                              X