Is it worth coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth coming back?

Recently quit warcraft as it was sucking up too much of my time, and rediscovered some of my older games.

I found Battlefield 2, and would LOVE to start playing again, but somehow my game disc has a large crack through the middle. Checked online and I can pick up BF2: Complete collection (all expansions and boosters) for £14 which is pretty damn good.

I'm tempted to use the new CD Key to make a new account and start afresh collecting medals and gun unlocks for fun. Are there still many good servers online, or is it a struggle to find a decent server nowadays? Essentially; is it worth coming back, or waiting on a new Battlefield - I hear 3 is in production?

Re: Is it worth coming back?

BF2 is still very popular. You could probably use your old account with the new cd key, so long as you know your username and password, or still have the original email you used.
    Battlefield Heroes is the next game in the pipeline (free online game).
    Battlefield 1943 will come after (download only)
    Then Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PC, but probably not until next year.

Comment

One of the biggest FPS games in the world, still. You should have zero problems finding a good server.

Comment

nah come play 2142 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          nah come play 2142 instead.
          Never really appealed to me

Righto, think i'll pick up a cheap complete collection. God I have missed sniping :3

Comment

Ya man thats awesome go get it!

I got the collection when it came out for 50$ because I was tired of dling the latest patch and inserting 10 diff discs (bought them all individually). Its not so bad either because now I can lend my laptop out to a buddy if they come over and we can play online using diff cd keys.

Comment

BF2 still powns.

Comment

Just awaiting my order. I'm so impatient

Can't decide if to start afresh with my new CD Key for fun, and earn all the unlocks again, or continue with http://bf2s.com/player/44612128/

Comment

It's the fourth most popular online FPS. CS > CSS > CoD4 > BF2

Comment

Yes and no.

While it's a fun game, there are far too many idiots and grievers around to make it truly enjoyable. I was just in a Daqing server with some f*cking tool (ddlluuxx) who thought it would be a great idea to repeatedly crash us in a variety of fashions...

I would love to say that's an isolated incident, but it's become far too frequent to simply dismiss as being such. The reality is, your fun in BF2 is highly circumstancial.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce View Post
                      Yes and no.

While it's a fun game, there are far too many idiots and grievers around to make it truly enjoyable. I was just in a Daqing server with some f*cking tool (ddlluuxx) who thought it would be a great idea to repeatedly crash us in a variety of fashions...

I would love to say that's an isolated incident, but it's become far too frequent to simply dismiss as being such. The reality is, your fun in BF2 is highly circumstancial.

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce View Post
                        Yes and no.

I agree. I have more fun playing the AIX mod for BF2. :thumbsup: The sniping is much better...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                          :thumbsup: The sniping is much better...
                          Not with the Vintorez... :laugh: Against bots it's fun though!

Comment

Agreed far to many tools playing this game who's sole objective is to rape the living cr*p out the game and suck any level of fun out of it for everyone else all in the pursuit of meaningless points. Also the idea seems to be in general that this game is still fairly hack free however I am almost 100% certain that their are far more people hacking, macroing and generally doing things that are way way beyond possible using unmodified game code.

For the rare instance in which you find a game with a fair team, filled with decent folk who want to play for fun rather than their K/D ratio and would balk at the idea of using anything other than the designed control system to get their kills.... then yes the game is glorious fun but 75% of the time you'll be dealing with tools, hackers and general nubs.

Comment

I was having some measure of fun the other night when I got in the heli with a decent gunner. It's a shame he couldn't return the favor as a pilot, but at least I wasn't feeling like my time flying around was being wasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X