Battlefield 1942 - Mini-Image Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942 - Mini-Image Help?

Ok, so before people start accusing me of piracy, please clearly read this message.

I save all of my purchased/legitimate cd-keys in a file on my webserver in the event that I lose the physical game. I've long lost my original copy of Battlefield 1942, so I decided to torrent the image files of the game. Keep in mind that I have a legitimate cd-key, and have played this game for many years in the past.

Anyway, I install fine and get to the in-game server, however whenever I try to connect to a server (after updating to the latest 1.61b patch) I get 'failed to connect' immediately. I assume this is because of the 'mounted'-image from the original download.

I remember in the past that mini-images (the small versions of the large files) for BF1942 worked fine with legit servers/keys.

Is there anyway I can still play or will I need to go out and find a genuine disc? I have two legitimate BF1942 cd-keys so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to play.

PM. me if necessary.

Re: Battlefield 1942 - Mini-Image Help?

The failed to connect will not be caused by the CD images. If they were a problem, it would give a "enter the correct disk" error when launching the application.

I would check your firewall and any other Internet settings.

Comment

Re: Battlefield 1942 - Mini-Image Help?

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
      The failed to connect will not be caused by the CD images. If they were a problem, it would give a "enter the correct disk" error when launching the application.

I would check your firewall and any other Internet settings.
      The reason I mention the cd image/***** crack is because I read the faq over at planetbattlefield that read as follows:

Originally posted by PlanetBattlefield
      First, make sure you have the latest patch (see above). Second, do not use a "No CD" fixed .exe file, you will not connect to any server.
      Source

This seems to be the issue I'm having. I figured it might be an 'invalid cd-key', but that seems to be a different error message altogether.

It very well could be a networking issue, I'll forward the proper ports when I get home later and see if that does it.

Comment

Working...
      X