The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
    Hmm I don't think that the black guy in the Rick Astley music video "Never gonna giving you up" is really a bartender.
    So he's what? A ninja?

Comment

• lol people are still massively statpadding on BF2 servers.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

• Oh yeah? Gotta get the rank up I guess.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Started purchasing parts for a new PC. So far bought the Monitor, Case, Mobo, processor (FX 6300, no intel for me this time), RAM, disc drive (got a lot of on-disc games) and thermal compound. Waiting on next set after next payday.

This was a belated birthday present. Birthday was tuesday. But yay! First time purchasing parts in the US! Now I get to experience the glory that (at least in my dreams) is Newegg! And other places.

Comment

• I know, I told you happy birthday, but you ignored me

Comment

• you did?! where?

Oh boy... that's what I get for finally having a job and being unable to manage my time around the internet anymore...

Comment

• I told you on twitter

Comment

• but yeah, got my processor (FX 6300), mobo and PSU in today! Just need to buy the GPU on the next payday (R9 270x). Waiting on the other already ordered parts to arrive though.

Comment

• Awesome. Thats pretty exciting.

Comment

• Posting from my PC nao!

Also installing BF3 because I don't have 4. might install BF2 and get some in before they shut it down.

Comment

• kind of bored lately with battlefield.

/randomthought.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

• this is the random thoughts thread. You don't really have to post a marker about it.

/kindarelatedthought

Comment

• Originally posted by signa View Post
                            kind of bored lately with battlefield.

/randomthought.
                            I arrived at that a couple of months ago. Though I have started to play a few rounds these past few days. Like literally I'm only able to tolerate 2-3 rounds (at most) before I get annoyed enough to quit.

Last night? The complete BS auto-balancing system. Do not auto balance me to the other team when: A) I'm playing with my friends in a squad, B) The auto-team selection put me on the original team in the first place not ten minutes prior, and C) When I'm still alive and running around! Getting sick and tired of that stupid as shit system doing the "killed in action" crap just to swap me to the other team.

Comment

• I'm kind of feeling like loading up Rage. I have a bad habit of not finishing single player games.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

• Originally posted by signa View Post
                                I'm kind of feeling like loading up Rage. I have a bad habit of not finishing single player games.
                                I've a bad habit of just not finishing games period lately. I haven't touched The Wolf Among Us nor The Walking Dead for a couple of episodes now. I know I'll eventually get to them (and work on the on-going LP's I'm doing for both) but I have zero desire right now.

I was playing Assassin's Creed 4 for a while when it came out. Loved it and even played the companion app stuff for a long while, got up to sequence 7 and lost interest in it almost immediately. I returned to it last night and the first mission I had to do was a pass/fail tailing mission. I went through it despite being annoyed and finished out the sequence. The very first mission of sequence 8 was another pass/fail tailing mission. Quit the game and uninstalled it right then.

Started South Park: The Stick of Truth but didn't touch it for weeks and also uninstalled it.

Bought and got through about 50%+ of Dead Pool. Still sitting on my hard drive after last playing it December 31, 2013.

Started Octodad, found it boring. Uninstalled.

Bought and started Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, haven't bothered to play beyond the third mission yet.

Started Gears of War 3 on 360, haven't played it in months now.

Started Stick it to the Man on PS4 and while it's somewhat amusing, the gameplay is just tedious. I found out I'm about 50% through that game and despite having played it for hours, I've only managed to earn one trophy in it.

In fact, I've started and quit more games in the past few months than I've completed. If I go by about the end of the year, about when I started to give up on Dead Pool, I've completed these single player games:
                                Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (excellent game)
                                BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea DLC
                                Dark Souls 2
                                Trials Fusion (if you can count that one)
                                Infamous: Second Son
                                MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Dead Island Riptide (another one I started early in 2013, set aside for months, got tired of having it installed and forced myself to finish it essentially in one sitting on December 16, 2013 since I was so close to the end already)

Co-op completed games:
                                Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2

And with Wolfenstein coming out, I'm probably going to start it and not finish that either. I hear the first half is great but the second half falls apart hard, and with my tendency to just stop caring as it is, that doesn't bode well for that game. And then if Watch Dogs ends up being like Assassin's Creed in modern day, I don't see myself finishing that either.

Comment

Working...
                                X