Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe DICE's statement that they're not going casual/console on us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe DICE's statement that they're not going casual/console on us?

ok, so someone from DICE says they have not forgotten the PC players, and it makes him sad that people think DICE is abandoning the core gamers that made what BF is today, but do you really believe that? is this true or just damage control to counter the angry mob they created with these latest announcements?

let's take a look, since the release of BF2142 back in late 2006:

BF Bad company (console)
    Mirror's Edge (console mainly, PC version released later)
    BF Heroes (catered to casual PC gamers)
    BF 1943 (console and PC, catered to casual gamers)
    BF Bad company 2 (console and PC)

now, taking a look at that, why would someone not think they're going casual/console on us? sure, there might be some mysterious PC game in the works, but when 5 in a row is casual/console, then one can't ignore the trend. and to be honest, the patches that PC have been getting have been unsatisfactory (almost seems as if it's been outsourced to some college interns) and not in timely manner, one has to wonder, right?

why won't they just be honest with themselves and to us about where they're headed towards, or even where EA is making them head towards?

Re: Do you believe DICE's statement that they're not going casual/console on us?

I believe they will eventually get to us, but the question is when?

Comment

Re: Do you believe DICE's statement that they're not going casual/console on us?

No, they said the same thing when they revealed battlefield heroes and I have yet to see them live up to their word.

Comment

I think it's just something they can fall back to, if they fail in the console market, they can always make a PC game and say "see, we didn't lie".

And I think they will fail in the console market, they haven't released any exceptional game yet, BF:BC got completely overshadowed by Call of Duty 4, BC wasn't on #1 spot in 360 online charts, even once. None of their other games are worth playing.

On consoles they are just another average game developer.

Atleast on PC they have their loyal fan base(which is pretty big) that will support them and on PC their game is exceptional(if they make it right, no bugs and no money grabbing expension/booster packs)... and can kill Call of Duty easily.

Comment

I want to believe them. But of course I can't be sure yet.

BC2 will be awesome anyway, as long as it's adapted for PC

Comment

I'm not voting unless you put a "I hope to God not!" option. :P

Comment

i voted no because the facts are showing us something different..

can we get the video links to them saying this also?

not to mention i don't think console is a bad thing for this reason.

it makes them money and when they are makin money they give us free stuff...

not to mention id rather my kids be playing it on the ps3 or whatever then my pc LOL..

no all in all i don't care as long as they are giving whatever they are makin for the pc also...
              i feel it was total crap for bad company to be a console only..

for that I'm not happy...in fact at the time i was like WTF seriously..
              but after i thought about it and with this economy it made since ..

so please don't give a game without prone or crouch or whatever,
              without air combat and vehicles like the original bad company ..
              it would have been a mistake to do so ..big time on there part..

all thoe i don't see how we could be waiting for bf3 this long ..it just doesn't make and since..

Comment

Its been going down hill since 1942 will this unrealistic gameplay and less details

so a big NO i dont trust them to make a game like 42 again:cry:

Comment

I'm worried. I'll give them a chance with these new games. But Battlefield light isn't something I'm interested in playing.

Comment

Just wait until the BF2 fanbase eventually moves to Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising over Battlefield Bad Comedy 2.

Comment

Op Flashpoint 2, Armed Assault 2, and Delta Force: Angel's Fall are releasing this year. America's Army two is in the works. At least we'll have options if Dice can't deliver.

Comment

Wow, now BF2 wasnt a real Battlefield game?

And how is there no air combat in BC?

OFP, ARMA and AA are nothing like Battlefield, Im starting to wonder if some around here are really BF fans.

I like DICE, Mirrors Edge is a great game.. Does it have replay value? No but the gameplay mechanics and visual feel are 2nd to none on the innovation scale.

Comment

Air Combat in the Battlefield games has made it a very unique online FPS game, I hate that with each new Battlefield release the Air is being reduced more and more.

Comment

Its obvious dice is taking the quick short easy money rout. They are stuck with the pc users on their back and they have to at least do something to keep us happy.

Hero's is the shining example, free to play but with micro transactions, and an embarrassment to the series, its a test from dice to see how low they can go without backlash.

I dont trust anything that is associated with EA, backstabbing bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                              ok, so someone from DICE says they have not forgotten the PC players, and it makes him sad that people think DICE is abandoning the core gamers that made what BF is today, but do you really believe that? is this true or just damage control to counter the angry mob they created with these latest announcements?

let's take a look, since the release of BF2142 back in late 2006:

BF Bad company (console)
                              Mirror's Edge (console mainly, PC version released later)
                              BF Heroes (catered to casual PC gamers)
                              BF 1943 (console and PC, catered to casual gamers)
                              BF Bad company 2 (console and PC)

now, taking a look at that, why would someone not think they're going casual/console on us? sure, there might be some mysterious PC game in the works, but when 5 in a row is casual/console, then one can't ignore the trend. and to be honest, the patches that PC have been getting have been unsatisfactory (almost seems as if it's been outsourced to some college interns) and not in timely manner, one has to wonder, right?

why won't they just be honest with themselves and to us about where they're headed towards, or even where EA is making them head towards?
                              Allright - just go back and read you're post over again, and ask yourself the question, "Is this extremely trivial issue? Does it really matter, at all?"

I think people need to stop making such a big stink about the video game industry changing and deal with it. The issue of PC games being "consolized" is VERY exaggerated, and the fact is, honestly what huge gameplay differences would there be if the latest BF games were not being made for consoles also? I hear constantly on these boards - "Oh damn you Dice... consolizerating our gamez!" But no one even says what is being consoled!

If any video game developer or publisher is going to make money - they are going to make a game for the Xbox 360, the Wii, or the PS3, its just a fact. I can name 30 kids who have Xboxes that I know from my class alone, and met about 12 PC gamers ever since I started playing - the evidence is there, and its obvious.

It's time to take a step back, chill out - and realize that our "changed" games are totally fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X