ModManager Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModManager Message

Ok well on our server, we get the message: "Welcome to a ModManager enabled server" every time someone joins the server. Thing is, I don't have ModManager let alone know how to use it or where to get it.

I believe our server host put that on there. What I would like to know is this.

How can I get to the folder that contains the file that decides that message? I would like to change it so where can I find it? What do I download? Do I need to FTP onto my server? How exactly does it work?

~ Reaper ~

Re: ModManager Message

Originally posted by Reaper2794 View Post
    Ok well on our server, we get the message: "Welcome to a ModManager enabled server" every time someone joins the server. Thing is, I don't have ModManager let alone know how to use it or where to get it.

How can I get to the folder that contains the file that decides that message? I would like to change it so where can I find it? What do I download? Do I need to FTP onto my server? How exactly does it work?

~ Reaper ~
    EA don't really give any utilities to manage the game such as admin commands etc. They allow the use of various control programs of which modmanager is one. It allows the use of BF2cc I think.

The message is given whenever a player joins. You can change it in various ways... BUT it has to be changed by the server provider. I had Rackage change the Timeless ones to this by adding this line

mm_announcer.addJoinMessage "Welcome, %player% to a genuine Timeless Server. Enjoy your stay."

And would be added in the modmanager.con file.

In BF2 there are various other utilities that can state your rank, playing time, kill death percent and so on. Not sure where to find those programs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper2794 View Post

~ Reaper ~

Bfcc makes it say ModManager which means that this server is run with bfcc admin stuff.I think EA made them put it there not sure but it can not be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by notodd1991 View Post
        Bfcc makes it say ModManager which means that this server is run with bfcc admin stuff.I think EA made them put it there not sure but it can not be removed.
        No you can change it. All you do is edit the text. I believe it is in one of the server files (obviously) but I don't know how to get to it. I have FTP access but don't know which folder it's in and which file it is. I'm sure it can be edited.

Comment

To a ranked server? You have FTP access?

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961 View Post
            To a ranked server? You have FTP access?

I do not think it is ranked if he has FTP access

Comment

All admins can have FTP access to certain server areas. Punkbuster for instance needs it as Punkbuster screenshots are stored on the server. As are the text logs and so on. Plus all the config files for punkbuster and BF2cc etc are accesible.

The actual game mechanics are isolated from FTP of course and only the server provider has access. This is why EA vet their providers to ensure that they commit no hanky panky lol.

Did no one bother to read my reply??? It explains how to change the message!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X