DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

haven't tried it myself but i think someone said you have to make a full size image for 2142. yes it is a pain in the butt to require the CD when they already use CD-key/account verification.

Comment

And they still will make a great BF3. Have a little patience. It seems the BF series has attracted a large number of emo children.

Comment

So wait people are mad at DICE because they promised this year as the "great year 2009" and so far people think things don't seem that great? Well the year just started, DICE has reveled 2 of their 5 titles, and trust me I know DICE will have much more out for their fans and I KNOW that this year will be amazing. And no I am not one of those "OH I'M SO LOYAL TO DICE" kind of people. I mean 1943 is just a small demo to keep people tied off till BC2, and BC2 comes till what, the end of 2009. We've got 10 more months till 2009 ends. And I know it might not seem like it now but in those 10 months BF2 and BF2142 will receive a new patch and map, BF:1943 will be released, and supposedly BFBC2 and BFHeroes will be released. These are 4 things happening this year and we still got 10 months for DICE to add more stuff to the list. Honestly at this point I can't see what all the commotion is about. Are people mad because a small 15-20 dollar, downloadable (arcade game said by DICE) is made to be fun for everyone instead of being a hardcore battlefield game? And are people are mad at BFBC2 because they think a big probably $50 game is going to be like a small maximum 20 dollar download?

These arguments have strayed from the topic "DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3". Hell I'll admit it even my post is off topic, but come on DICE might still be making a BF3 wither that BF3 be BC2 or maybe a standalone BF3. The fact is DICE CAN make a great BF3 game I mean what’s stopping them from making a good BF3, the fact that a small downloadable game will have 24 players and only 3 maps, that’s what’s going to make future battlefield games terrible, DICE trying something different?

Comment

Maybe because DICE cares s*** about the pc players since 11/2006?
          No news, no updates, no support - more than 2 years now.... and it wasn't good before either.

Comment

whatcha talking about? we've had patches since that time on 2142. not going to comment on the quality of the patches but we have been getting them. so your statement is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Churp View Post
              So wait people are mad at DICE because they promised this year as the "great year 2009" and so far people think things don't seem that great? Well the year just started, DICE has reveled 2 of their 5 titles, and trust me I know DICE will have much more out for their fans and I KNOW that this year will be amazing. And no I am not one of those "OH I'M SO LOYAL TO DICE" kind of people. I mean 1943 is just a small demo to keep people tied off till BC2, and BC2 comes till what, the end of 2009. We've got 10 more months till 2009 ends. And I know it might not seem like it now but in those 10 months BF2 and BF2142 will receive a new patch and map, BF:1943 will be released, and supposedly BFBC2 and BFHeroes will be released. These are 4 things happening this year and we still got 10 months for DICE to add more stuff to the list. Honestly at this point I can't see what all the commotion is about. Are people mad because a small 15-20 dollar, downloadable (arcade game said by DICE) is made to be fun for everyone instead of being a hardcore battlefield game? And are people are mad at BFBC2 because they think a big probably $50 game is going to be like a small maximum 20 dollar download?

These arguments have strayed from the topic "DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3". Hell I'll admit it even my post is off topic, but come on DICE might still be making a BF3 wither that BF3 be BC2 or maybe a standalone BF3. The fact is DICE CAN make a great BF3 game I mean what’s stopping them from making a good BF3, the fact that a small downloadable game will have 24 players and only 3 maps, that’s what’s going to make future battlefield games terrible, DICE trying something different?
              Originally posted by Minmaster
              whatcha talking about? we've had patches since that time on 2142. not going to comment on the quality of the patches but we have been getting them. so your statement is wrong.
              Your both correct in everything you've said, theres just one little snag here....

Everybody thats complaining are Battlefield 2 community, they don't count any other battlefield game for some strange reason...

They only want another BF2 game with a face lift, despite the fact that a few weeks ago they were all complaining about battlefield 2 anyway lulz

:laugh:

Any attempt to have a civilised debate here turns into anything and everything away from whats actually being debated.

So to simply put it, if you don't say dice/ea are bad, and that you want another bf2 game, no one here will even listen

Good luck...but i agree with you both.

Comment

i'm talking about bf2, a game that is played way more often and has much more problems than 2142.

ok you're right that YOU got updates for 2142 - a game that is played by a minority of the bf community. "WE got updates" is wrong, I, and those other 20k bf2 players don't. 4times more players play bf2 than 2142. Is that the reason why 2142 got patched and bf2 don't?

They just have promised a patch 8 month ago, and i'm really looking forward to the great laugh i will have about it's content if it will be released. 8 month.... it should be a massive update, but i don't believe in that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameArtist
                  Everybody thats complaining are Battlefield 2 whores, they don't count any other battlefield game for some strange reason...
                  I disagree.

Most people complaining are 1942 vets who've played through the rest of the Battlefield series looking for that same sense of epicness that the first game had. Given that BF2 was the closest on the epicness scale than any other battlefield game, that was the one they settled on and played extensively. (Hence your term Battlefield 2 whores).

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                    Most people complaining are 1942 vets who've played through the rest of the Battlefield series looking for that same sense of epicness that the first game had. Given that BF2 was the closest on the epicness scale than any other battlefield game, that was the one they settled on and played extensively. (Hence your term Battlefield 2 whores).
                    /signed

Comment

• Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Originally posted by needitfast View Post
                      i'm talking about bf2, a game that is played way more often and has much more problems than 2142.

ok you're right that YOU got updates for 2142 - a game that is played by a minority of the bf community. "WE got updates" is wrong, I, and those other 20k bf2 players don't. 4times more players play bf2 than 2142. Is that the reason why 2142 got patched and bf2 don't?

They just have promised a patch 8 month ago, and i'm really looking forward to the great laugh i will have about it's content if it will be released. 8 month.... it should be a massive update, but i don't believe in that.
                      I understand your irritation, but BF2 isn't the only game in the series and BF2 players arnt the only ones that exist, its the way a cycle goes, bf2142 will get the better of the draw because its there newest game, why would they revert back to an old game in their series?

Do you see BF1942 getting any new updates? Do you see anyone complaining about that, no, because that fan base knows its out of date, its time for the BF2 community to come to terms with that, BF2 is old news despite the amount of players.

COD 2, still the best cod game in my opinion, its old news though so i dont expect any more patches for it, i enjoy what i have, its time for the BF2 community to do the same, better yet, dice/ea are giving BF2 a new patch.

I personally find it hard to understand the complaining, is it because you've had to wait? If so you have to look at it that, at least your getting something for an old game, your lucky, companies dont update old games often, so thank your stars dice/ea still care about BF2 players to give them something new, which contradicts one of your previous statements that Dice/Ea dont care about its fan base, if they didn't care they wouldn't bother.

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                      I disagree.

Excuse my poor approach to that, (whores) should say Devoted players instead, i am sorry for that.

But i may be mistaken but that was a contradiction to your point, you say 1942 vets who now play BF2, so therefore if im correct that makes them devoted BF2 players, making my point valid that the majority of the complaints come from the battlfield 2 community?

I could be wrong, but the spin on it is, they've now settled with BF2 so that makes them BF2 devoted players, who are now only concerned with BF2 and no other game in the series including 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by needitfast View Post

such attitude of attachment to BF2 and not being open to anything else might just be one of the reasons why PC isn't getting a true BF anytime soon. they're probably afraid if it's not modern warfare game, then it will be rejected by many like 2142 but maybe they don't feel like modern combat again so soon. but there's more to BF than BF2, this attitude of modern combat or nothing is starting to get ridiculous. they are now just going back to WWII setting, what makes you think they need to give you a modern combat BF game again so quick? if it is so outdated and isn't good, then what are the 20k players doing? imo, dice isn't in such a rush to make BF3 because so many people are still playing BF2. and if they try another war setting, you BF2 fanboys will reject it.

Comment

I don't consider bf2142 as a bf2 follow-up. you do, that's the difference in our argumentation. In my mind these two games are coexistant.
                          2142 never had as much players as bf2, even directly after the release of 2142. and that's for a reason:
                          because this game was not what the majority of players wanted. In general i have no problem with 2142, if you like it, play it.
                          But it was the same thing as now with 1943 - it's an offset, a different game and it was never intended to be a sequel.

anyways, my point complaining is, that i want a clear statement where the franchise is heading on PC - will there be a new battlefield for PC in a forseeable time (maybe 2010) or should BFBC2 be it - that's all.
                          If i would get a clear answer on this question and not a "we are working on something" everything would be fine.
                          If BFBC2 should be THE followup, I'll stop complaining and will disappear. It could be so easy. But as long as this word is not spoken i'll complain, cause it's not too late.
                          If i wouldn't raise my voice, nothing will happen - that's the point.

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          such attitude of attachment to BF2 and not being open to anything else might just be one of the reasons why PC isn't getting a true BF anytime soon. they're probably afraid if it's not modern warfare game, then it will be rejected by many like 2142 but maybe they don't feel like modern combat again so soon. but there's more to BF than BF2, this attitude of modern combat or nothing is starting to get ridiculous. they are now just going back to WWII setting, what makes you think they need to give you a modern combat BF game again so quick? if it is so outdated and isn't good, then what are the 20k players doing? imo, dice isn't in such a rush to make BF3 because so many people are still playing BF2. and if they try another war setting, you BF2 fanboys will reject it.
                          Yes they got back to WWII and i would have no problem with that, if 1943 would be a full scale remake, with all _popular_ maps and some new, 64players or more, all known classes, dedicated server files, server browser, demo recording, first person death cam, squad-system and so on. But it's not. I would play it, even it is not what i've expected, but i won't buy a download only game. So it is not my game and i wish you tons of fun playing it.

Next thing is, i'm not a BF2 Fanboy - if you think so, you got me wrong. DICE made many mistakes with BF2 and i just play it because there is nothing closer to BF1942/DC than BF2.
                          I don't play BF1942/DC anymore cause the competitive scene headed towards BF2 - also most players.

You insinuate me, that i want a new modern combat sequel of BF2 - i don't.
                          So stop supposing what I want, you don't have a clue.
                          When did i say "modern combat or nothing" ? Quote me pls!

Comment

Originally posted by Churp View Post
                            So wait people are mad at DICE because they promised this year as the "great year 2009" and so far people think things don't seem that great? Well the year just started, DICE has reveled 2 of their 5 titles, and trust me I know DICE will have much more out for their fans and I KNOW that this year will be amazing.
                            BF1943 and BF:BC2 are the final 2 titles in the list of five BF games in the works. When DICE first revealed the list they said they were working on BF:BC, BF:Heroes, a BF game aimed at the Korean market, another BF console game and then an unnamed BF game. The list is now BF:BC2, BF:Heroes, BF:BC, BF1943 and the Korean game. No more titles left in the list.

Originally posted by [3MIB]Y|Rec.TheGameArtist
                            I understand your irritation, but BF2 isn't the only game in the series and BF2 players arnt the only ones that exist, its the way a cycle goes, bf2142 will get the better of the draw because its there newest game, why would they revert back to an old game in their series?
                            Just say you sold "Product 1" and made $100,000 off of it and then discontinued it and created "Product 2" and only made $50,000 off of it and then you discontinued selling it. Then you decided you were going to revive one of those two products and start selling it again at the price you were originally selling it at. Which one would you choose? "Product 1", which made you $100,000 or "Product 2", which made you only $50,000?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                              The list is now BF:BC2, BF:Heroes, BF:BC, BF1943 and the Korean game. No more titles left in the list.
                              Yes there is, the korean game isn't developed by DICE, EA just started a new studio in Korea where it will be developed. I think it was called Neowiz? or something like that

People are getting way to fixated with that "list" though. It was released in what - august? - and people are following it blindly. Who's to say DICE haven't changed their mind, or have started development on another game in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                                Yes there is, the korean game isn't developed by DICE, EA just started a new studio in Korea where it will be developed. I think it was called Neowiz? or something like that

People are getting way to fixated with that "list" though. It was released in what - august? - and people are following it blindly. Who's to say DICE haven't changed their mind, or have started development on another game in that time.
                                No, the game was included in the list but your last bit on them changing their mind wouldn't surprise me one bit as DICE and EA seem to never be sure about anything.

If Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield Heroes aren’t enough to satisfy your war urges, surely you’ll find comfort in the news that developer DICE is currently at work on five new titles in the franchise. The Swedish developer, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts, confirmed the news during a keynote presentation at Game Developers Conference Paris […]

Comment

Working...
                                X