64 players or bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 64 players or bust?

I think having the option to have more players is great. Like in bf2, you can play a 64 player map with 30-48 ppl. Usually 64 players in a map gets way too hectic and you cant really do anything because someone has either taken all the air vehicles or some jerk is baseraping during the whole round. But having the option to go 64 players is good bacause many ppl like it. For me 32-48 players is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
      We are concidering it, so prepare your banker.
      No, thats a Joke..hehe.

LOL.................Don't do that to me pirelli.

Luckly i can see the silver :- '' No, that's a joke hehe, '' just showing through.

Maybe I should keep my big mouth shut though.:speechless:

Comment

I would be happy to see 64 players, but the very least would be 48

Comment

I'm a 16-32 sort of player, I would fully support the community and say they should have 64 player on big maps, but I still prefer less players. I just hate 64 player's to be honest I try to stay away from anything that's 48+.

So weather they implement the 64 player or they just leave it at 24 I will be happy. Still server can always reduce the player limit it's much harder to increase it...

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
            Well I think the console version will be 24p max and Ben the senior producer said the port for pc wont be just a straight port. It will be done correctly for the fans so that means there might be bigger maps or more players.
            That fills me with some hope.

Comment

well it looks like its going to be a 40 player game. i guess it's sort of a compromise but i guess we'll have to wait until BF3 for a 64 game.

Comment

40 players, if true and for all formats, would be great. I didn't think that they would implement 64 players for consoles as it seems too much of a jump from 24 considering its using the same game engine as the first. However, I think this will definately improve the gameplay and give a more Battlefield type game which is definately a good thing.

Comment

Good poll Minmaster, I vote 64.:salute:

Comment

24, 32, 48, 64 - they are all just numbers. They don't mean anything until you relate them to map size, spawn time, spawn position etc.

I'm playing the Heroes beta these days which is 16 players and reasonably sized maps, I almost always play 64 player servers in BF2 and honestly I see just as much action/enemies/vehicles/kills in both.

I came from COD1 UO and COD2 to BF2 in early 2006. The first map I played was Sharqi 64. I spawned at the middle MEC uncap and was making my way across the map when I saw a crane in the distance (construction site). I thought to myself 'nice wallpaper, wouldn't it be great if you could climb that'. A few minutes later I realised just how big the place was, and Sharqi is a moderately sized map. Nothing beats that epic feeling of massive fights on massive maps that only Battlefield can give you.

On the other hand, when the player count drops below 36 on a 64 player map it just becomes a flag chase. You cannot take one statistic (in this case player count) on it's own and judge a whole game by it. But 80 players would be nice and so would £200...

Comment

Working...
                    X