Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 is too fast-paced for me

I hate it.

Prone with no accuracy setback, faster walking and running than in 2142, the nade throw animation is too fast, and instant heal and resupply. In 2142 I think it's a bit more tactical since you can't run around everywhere that fast. Assault is a useless class, you'd think he could've gotten extra ammo (seriously, only 5 magazines?) or something to better differentiate between assault and medic. Standing up from prone causes your guy to spaz out with his gun, and ever since that patch where you can't fire while jumping, you can't even drop/detonate C4 in the air.

I do miss the ironsights and not having radars every 10 feet, but I feel that 2142 is more polished than BF2. And where are all the Karkand vehicle servers? Those were so much fun than IO, I've only played like 2 rounds of Kark w/vehicles.

Re: BF2 is too fast-paced for me

BF2 is considered slow in the FPS world.

Comment

Can't say I feel the game is "too" fast paced in general, but I do agree about the prone diving issue.

I've never bought into the whole "Assault class is pointless" thing either; extra kevlar and the M203 have saved my *** quite a few times in firefights. Medic is great if you actually survive a fight and can self heal and move on, but Assault gives you an advantage toward winning that fight right off the bat.

Kind of OT, but I also don't think Medic class should be able to self-heal.

Lastly, I hate IO mode.. I guess the more options, the better, but I've always felt BF2 was meant to be played with vehicles. IO makes it feel almost like CS.

Comment

BF2 too fast paced? xD Stay the f*** away from CoD4 then!

Comment

Nah CoD4 is actually ok for me since the maps are a lot smaller and spawn is only 3 seconds. CoD4 is supposed to be fast-paced, but I think BF2 is just too fast for a Battlefield game compared to 2142.

Comment

Play Quake or Unreal Tournament for a while then go back to BF2. It'll feel like BF2 is too slow.

Comment

I think you'd prefer a turn-based FPS to real FPSes like BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Swinub
                I think you'd prefer a turn-based FPS to real FPSes like BF2.
                Yes I can't wait until DICE releases BF1776.

Comment

Try playing in an attack helicopter next time. It's slow-paced, strategic, and there's practically no room for chance.

Every move I make is deliberate, and even if the enemy sees me first, I generally have more than enough time to manipulate events in my favor. It's awesome because you can dominate people with better reflexes by being more skillful, rather than just "reacting" faster.

COD4 and CS are so twitchy and fast compared to the deliberately slow pace I've gotten used to in BF2, that I get uncomfortable playing them for too long. I still do OK, but definitely nowhere near as well.

Give helis a try, you might prefer that to ground pounding and jets.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a chopper whore because I hate how random maps like Karkand are.

Your survival in a chopper depends almost solely on your skill and experience, not whether or not some sniper noob put his claymores down on the flag you're about to take.

Comment

I feel like I'm playing an FPS in a mud pit when I play BF2 IO. lol.

Comment

I'll agree, that BF2 seems a little slower at times. Yeah, firefights can seem erratic, but after stepping back to other FPS games (recently TF2) I remember how fast games like Quake III really are.

And you say Assault is useless? I found that if you control your rate of fire and use the GL, an crafty assault player can be devastating on a map. When I played I used to rack up some of the highest points on the server from kills, just after a helo pilot. And the way people spam ammo, or if there is a body there of supply you can pick up a kit and top yourself off.

When you are assault you have to be mindful of your ammo.

God! I miss BF2! Talking about it brings back great feelings.

Comment

Play America's Army and then go play BF2 and you will appreciate the fast-paced gameplay since AA is incredibly slow.

Comment

Your survival in a chopper depends almost solely on your skill and experience, not whether or not some sniper noob put his claymores down on the flag you're about to take.

Hmm. I've noticed that skill and experience can help just about anyone but pilots avoid those claymores... Perhaps too much time in the air negatively impacts one's ground-pounding performance. After all the leet pilots aren't used to dying much and when they try to beat feet they get stomped back into their choppers.

Come on. We're not all nubs around here.

Comment

Well to be fair, the only way to truly avoid claymores in this game is either to vehicle whore or to spawn and never move. Now if only there was a way you could actually avoid claymores you already know are there *cough*like in BF2142*cough*...

Comment

Working...
                              X