BF2 is too fast-paced for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 is too fast-paced for me

It's definitely faster than 2142 but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Infact I almost miss the BF2 frenzy when playing 2142.

The thing about surviving in BF2 is to abuse the movement system as much as possible. You can pronedive, of course, but you can also dolphindive (prone and stand up instantly with a quick tap of crouch), jump and prone instantly as you land etc. You don't need to scope at pretty much any distance, the bullet deviation is just as bad anyway. Be fast, think fast, dodge like crazy and you'll do good. The same thing applies to 2142 but since you are slightly slower and you aren't as accurate when going to prone you'll have to resort to actually aiming a bit more often.

If you don't feel like bunny hopping there's vehicle maps, if you don't want any jets play some SF.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB View Post
      Yeah, I'm a chopper whore because I hate how random maps like Karkand are.

Your survival in a chopper depends almost solely on your skill and experience, not whether or not some sniper noob put his claymores down on the flag you're about to take.
      Actually I find playing infantry a lot more predicable than being in the air.

You know where the choke points are.
      You know where the claymores are likely to be placed.
      You know where the nades are likely to be spammed.

When you're in a helicopter, things can happen completely out of the blue.
      Jets can come from anywhere, mobile AA can be hidden anywhere, and random jeeps can rain .50 cal hell on you from anywhere. Like you said, you need a lot of experience to even be what I would class as competent in a chopper.

I've spent ~150 ranked hours in a chopper (plus about the same unranked) because every round is different. I lost interest in I.O very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
        Actually I find playing infantry a lot more predicable than being in the air.

You know where the choke points are.
        You know where the claymores are likely to be placed.
        You know where the nades are likely to be spammed.

When you're in a helicopter, things can happen completely out of the blue.
        Jets can come from anywhere, mobile AA can be hidden anywhere, and random jeeps can rain .50 cal hell on you from anywhere. Like you said, you need a lot of experience to even be what I would class as competent in a chopper.

I've spent ~150 ranked hours in a chopper (plus about the same unranked) because every round is different. I lost interest in I.O very quickly.
        I know what you mean by predicting where claymores are. I can do the same. Like you said, it's all about knowing where claymores are most likely to be placed. Plus, you even get that little skull icon that comes up when there's a claymore near by.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
          I know what you mean by predicting where claymores are. I can do the same. Like you said, it's all about knowing where claymores are most likely to be placed. Plus, you even get that little skull icon that comes up when there's a claymore near by.
          Those come up for enemy clays now, too? That used to only come up for friendlies for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
            Those come up for enemy clays now, too? That used to only come up for friendlies for me.
            Yeah, I don't think that is right.. enemy claymores don't show the icon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
              Well when I play IO it's always with 64 people and since there's both friendly and enemy clays all over I guess I get the icon from friendly's. I've just never actually tested.

Comment

..... some one had to...

Comment

Generally FPS speaking, the BF series is quite slow. But I got used to it, and thats why CS and CoD feel like there is not as much significance and tactic in what you're doing. I love the assault class in BF2, but not having med packs and defib like in 2142 make it a dead class, even though I use it all the time when I play this game.

Comment

Wizrdwarts:
                    Dont come here and say that the Assault class is useless dude!

Assault is my favourite class! Regarding ammo - is it SO HARD to have a guy in your squad using Support? Is it so hard to have some teamwork to get ammo etc? NO, it isnt. Assault is a good class, and it has a powerful GL if you use it correctly, ie. med/long range and at groups of people. Assault also has "Body Armor" + smoke/flash.
                    Just practice with the class and you'll get better..

And regarding claymores/mines and icons:
                    Not talking about the skull-icon over the claymore itself (cause thats team-only), but you also get a red warning icon to the right on your screen when a claymore is nearby. Im not sure, but I think it also shows for enemy claymores..

Comment

*cough* project *cough* reality *cough*

In project reality almost anything you do is tactical (except for bayonet charges )

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                        Play Quake or Unreal Tournament for a while then go back to BF2. It'll feel like BF2 is too slow.
                        lol too right, frig me they are fast paced, soon as you spawn you better just shoot randomly as your *** gets put down instantly.

BF2 isn't fast paced, its out dated and glitchy as funk, thats ur problem, its not thats its fast paced, its just an aweful game engine.

Comment

My biggest complaints with BF2 are the ridiculously overpowered aircraft particularly due to worthless AA. And the infantry combat is awful. I don't know why there are so many IO servers because infantry-only is focusing on the worst of the game. And this goes along with infantry sucking, but the hit detection is pretty bad. It's common for me to shoot a rocket that goes right through a vehicle. And I'll aim perfectly on someone with a gun and shoot nothing but air. I think it's mostly latency issues because I have no problems in single-player. But out of all of the FPS games I've played, BF2 has the worst infantry combat I've seen so far.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with the infantry combat in BF2, but I may agree with you on the things about hiboxes though.. It works fine if you have a good ping, but the hitboxes might be a bit off with higher pings.. But other than that, no game can match BF2!

Comment

In BF2142 you have the option to wear light armor or heavy armor, most everyone only wears heavy so if you had that option in BF2 they would balance out more in terms of player speed.

Project Reality is a bit too slow for most people and the aiming system requires patients and a steady hand as there's no zoom pull when using iron sights, plus the deviation added to your shots unless you hold still for three or four seconds before firing, it's not for everyone that's for sure.

I got used to 2142 speed but at first it did feel slower paced, player movement speed wise, that said I wouldn't want to play Battlefield 2 if it were any faster.

Comment

I second whoever said 'go play Quake or UT'.

I'm in the closed Quake Live beta and it reminds me how much faster those tournament/fragger type of games are, gotta love them.

ps. I have 2 invites left for the Quake Live beta, if you want one PM me your email.

Comment

Working...
                                X