Armed Assault 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armed Assault 2

The last comment was certainly not directed at you Whiskey - that was a general request to fans of Conquest or Team Deathmatch.

I've certainly never really been in a PvP match that has worked, it usually quickly degrades to a frag-fest with no caution or team play. I think BF2 handles PvP better in this regard (teamwork).

Co-op missions are varied. They can last as little as 30 minutes per mission, or they can go for a day. The 30 minute sanitise the town missions are very fun.

The day long capture the island missions drag on and on, often with no teamwork. For some reason, people LOVE playing such missions, even when they are capturing an island with only five people. Not very realistic at the end of the day, and I hope this plague of a mission does not return.

This is another thing that ruined ArmA - literally every server, and I mean EVERY server plays the above mission (who's name I will not mention). Since buying the game in 2007, the only missions any server would play - aforementioned mission.

Its too difficult to capture an island with five people, yet impossible to co-ordinate a whole 60 or even 100 people (certainly, the only thing imposing the player limit, is the server - the game can handle over 1000, apparently).

Comment

Well, with me and 5 mates, we captured the island over a period of about 24 hours (each town takes about an hour. Travelling, clearing, moving on.) but we had to do it over a period of about a week because of lack of a long term play time.

Basically, ArmA is a game to either play with friends on coop, or to play on your own in massive AI battles (which is what I do :wee.

PvP, i'll admit, is a bit fail. Unless you play the IC-ArmA tournament lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse View Post
        Play.com suggests that the game is 'Due for release on 26/06/2009'.
        lol my birthday :awes

Comment

Originally posted by FallenMorgan View Post
          I have been unable to find out when the game's going to be released. Anybody know?
          Latest info/news on release dates:
          Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

505 Games has confirmed to Eurogamer that ArmA II (Armed Assault II) will be released into the European market on June 26...

ArmA II is in development for both the Xbox 360 and the PC. A tentative North American "pre-release" date is set for May 29 for the PC and June 1 for the Xbox 360.

Comment

Working...
          X