Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome!

Originally posted by Twlight View Post
    My old 40GB PS3 had it's Blu-ray lens fried. Had to send it in for a refurb, took about a month altogether. The post worker that gave me the box/bubble wrap for it, she said they were processing quite a few of PS3s.
    that's because your australian and even your disks spin backwards down there.

Comment

You all talk about RROD, but you only get RROD if you don't read the Xbox manual, it specifically says what to do with it, and how to prevent it breaking. I have had a 360 since release and I havn't had any problems with it. I also have a PS3 which I find myself not using, as multiplayer is much more stable, can't find a non-laggy game of MGO.

Comment

Originally posted by {2}O|1Lt.Frantic[VIII] View Post
        You all talk about RROD, but you only get RROD if you don't read the Xbox manual, it specifically says what to do with it, and how to prevent it breaking. I have had a 360 since release and I havn't had any problems with it. I also have a PS3 which I find myself not using, as multiplayer is much more stable, can't find a non-laggy game of MGO.
        Please tell me your not going to deny RROD is a massive problem? What was in the manual? Not turn on the console ever?

Comment

Well.. I have three Xbox 360's and never had a RROD.. And the online for xbox is alot better when trying to find a non-laggy game.. I'm yet to find either a FC2 or WaW game which I'm not lagging like 4 seconds behind everyone else.

Comment

Yeah, it's free. And that's all well and good, but it's just a damn shame that comparatively, the PSN is an absolute lag-fest compared to Xbox Live.

I'm much happier paying the yearly fee for 13 months of Xbox Live and having a better online experience than I am paying nothing each year and having a very watered-down experience with PSN.

Comment

Yeah it can be laggy. It was great on the PS2, sure there was lag, but not to the degree we have on the PS3. For me not using it that often free is far superior over paying £40 a year for something I'll rarely use.

The 360 is still superior in this area even though PSN has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months in terms of content. It has even further to go to have a reliable service.

Comment

I've only ever had lag in the Resistance 2 beta?!

Comment

Originally posted by therealmat View Post
                  I've only ever had lag in the Resistance 2 beta?!
                  For me the only game what has lagged was Bad Company. And that was during the time when there was something wrong with the servers.

Comment

I've noticed it seems to happen in clusters you'll play fine for a few hours go away and come back and then every server lags like hell.

Comment

I will have to disagree with the lag thing. I have had very few experiences with lag while playing my PS3 online. Granted, I play PC games too so I have a large area of experience to compare against (BF2142, Titan mode, 64 player server... need I say more?). There are a lot of factors that go along with lag. The main factors would be:

1) How far from the host you live.
                      2) How far from the host everyone else lives.

I'm not giving anyone any enlightening information, I know, but perhaps our brothers over the pond are playing with European or American hosts when they experience this lag? This is pure speculation but I would think that playing with people across a large body of water would result in less efficient network stability simply due to the fact that all information would have to travel via satellite. Once again, I am taking a shot in the dark here. Or, it could be saturation on the network in your area. I would venture to say more people own PS3s per capita in European nations than in American states simply because of the population saturation alone.

Also, many Americans would like to spend $10 ten times over than pay $50 once. Somehow people believe that paying a lower price for a system three times sure as heck beats paying a higher price up front. It is beyond me. If Ford made a car that had a MSRP of $12,999.99 (plus tax, title, and licensing) but had an one in three chance that it may not start one morning a week after your warranty expired then how many people do you think would buy it? I'm just saying... compare this to any market OTHER than consoles and it isn't even a question worth asking.

Originally posted by TheEn|gma View Post
                      Please tell me your not going to deny RROD is a massive problem? What was in the manual? Not turn on the console ever?
                      Wait, what if you close your eyes and wish REALLY hard for the RROD to go away ?

Comment

Working...
                      X