Erm, is this game dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm, is this game dead?

After a very long break, I remembered this wonderful game and thought I'd give it another go. To my horror, upon checking the ServerSpy Game Statistics I found that while Battlefield 2 is still sporting around 18,000 players and remains one of the most popular online games, Battlefield 2142 is way down the list with... 200 players?

This just seems mental. BF2142 is a superb game, and I find it hard to comprehend how it could have fallen so much while BF2 (which was still great, I admit) continues to hold its ground.

Is this just a mistake on ServerSpy's part, or has the game really fallen to such levels of inactivity? If so, I might have to consider digging out BF2 instead.

Re: Erm, is this game dead?

lolwut? 19 servers?

Trust me, there are many, many more than 19 servers on the east coast of North America alone.

Comment

game-monitor.com says 5,785 players with 1119 servers.

Comment

Oh, lovely.

I'll reinstall it for sure, then. The Jack Bauer hasn't been nerfed since late 2007 has it?

Comment

Nope, its the same

Comment

i havent played it but maybe bf2 is a reeely reely good game and we should all just go play bf2

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
              i havent played it but maybe bf2 is a reeely reely good game and we should all just go play bf2
              Depends on how much you enjoy being raped by aircraft, I suppose. Although that's why everyone plays IO Karkand. But if the crouch spamming in BF2142 irritates you, you'll really enjoy the insta-prone phenomenon of BF2. :thumbsup:

Comment

bf2 is better but then worse.(as far as my experience) more hackers,more nadespam, more noobs, op weapons,bunnyhopping, bad hitreg. and so on.

Comment

ya 2142 is alive and well. while bf2 had some huge & i do mean HUGE improvements over the initial bf series (1942, vietnam, road to rome, etc), 2142 tweaked what was wrong in bf2. the squad play is built into the scoring system, so you're more apt to have squad tactics. nade spamming was toned down. and you don't have over powered support guns that let you go insta-prone & just take out entire squads like you were on a sunday walk in the park.

Comment

dont forget to install the latest patch, there are loads of servers for this game, personally i like 2142 better then BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                      ya 2142 is alive and well. while bf2 had some huge & i do mean HUGE improvements over the initial bf series (1942, vietnam, road to rome, etc), 2142 tweaked what was wrong in bf2. the squad play is built into the scoring system, so you're more apt to have squad tactics. nade spamming was toned down. and you don't have over powered support guns that let you go insta-prone & just take out entire squads like you were on a sunday walk in the park.
                      speaking of support guns i was playing on this server and there were a few acez guys on there. those acez kids are completely convinced that i hack hardcore like without a doubt in thier small brains. there was this acez guy named hooten who was using the ganz like a super accurate assault rifle and hip sraying me from 30m away. the funny thing was nobody else said anything even though it was completely blatant ganz hacking i think he was targeting just me or something.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

i got a real good kick out of making that. laughing is good for your heart.

i thought i said something smart......

Comment

2142 is better. There are things I think BF2 did better but overall 2142 wins. I really like the sci-fi theme too.

Waiting for flamestorm from TBF2, like the good old days.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X