Shaun White Snowboarding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun White Snowboarding...

Anyone else got this? I picked it up at Game for like £20 the other day... It's pretty good...

I'm more of an SSX fan, but this game is getting addictive... I've just been playing multiplayer for the past 3 hours, it's great fun when you play king of the hill and you're in the lead then wipe out and notice the guy in 3rd pop to the top from some insane moves.

You basically have to go around and collect 12 euros, then you unlock a 'special power' - where you can blast through ice... then you collect the 12 yen and unlock the ability to use your focus to speed up (doubles/triples your speed easily), then collect 12 dollars and unlock the ability to do some big air with your 'focus power' - once you've got all that down, start playing around with the competitions and things and head into multiplayer...

During competitions you usually can't use any focus power but after you've unlocked the 3 powers you should have enough money to buy a good board (spend at least 10,000 and you'll have a decent board, the better one's are 20,000 but I couldn't save up to that, I just wanted a new board as soon as I had the money haha)

Anyway... it's good fun, if you've got the game I'll probably be on it for the next week or so... add me on PSN: Dan2k3k4

And as far as SSX goes, I'm not sure if they're making a new one for the PS3? I hope they do... if not this game should last a little while, mainly because of multiplayer...

Oh ya, if you've ever played Shaun Palmer's Snowboarding back on the PS2 then it's pretty similar to that... it's not arcade-y like SSX, it's a little more realistic... although with the focus stuff it's kinda arcade-y...

Re: Shaun White Snowboarding...

aaaaaaaaaaaah so your the Dan on my friends list that has been playing this game all weekend!

Comment

i thought about getting this but heard nothing but bad things that you had to walk around all the time and collect coins

Comment

lol Enigma... and you're the one who keeps logging on and off soooo much <3

I haven't got off the board much, but ya it was a bit repititive getting the 12 coins (3 in each resort - only 4 resorts: Park City, Europe, Japan and Alaska) and then another 12 coins, and then another 12 coins... but you had to get them slightly differently each time... Euros you had to break through ice walls, Yen - you had to speed over ice blocks that fall if you don't go over it fast enough, Dollars you had to jump uber high... and now theres 12 icons randomly scattered everywhere...

So it kind of feels like Assasin's Creed, but I'm just glad it had a decent multiplayer... sadly it's only 1 player though, you can't play 2 player co-op or anything on the one ps3... you have to link up via LAN to play your mates in your house...

Comment

I have just one question. Is this the game that had the stupid Target marketing promotion?

Comment

I don't think so? I know there is 'another version' of the game, which is the 'Target Special Edition' one... which apparently has another mountain? or something like that?

I don't have that one... as I live in the UK so we don't have Target here but as far as I've seen, I haven't noticed any in game ads other then the actual logos for each boarding company... Burton, Forum, Foursquare etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wafflecopter View Post
              I have just one question. Is this the game that had the stupid Target marketing promotion?

Yea I got it, 75$ and I don't even like the game, I played it two times.

Comment

Ouch it's like £20 here, just under $30 USD

Comment

It's a Ubisoft game that means you can always count on a drastic and quick drop in price.

Farcry 2, BIA:Hells Highway and Shaun White Snowboarding are $30 now.

Comment

Working...
                  X