• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new computers coming soon - how do I?

I have 4 bf2 cd
    we use 2 regularly on separate computers
    which we are soon to replace

I have forgotten which CD key number goes with which profile and all the passwords and emails

we have over 20 profiles across 4 computers becasue we have many of his friends have played here over the years
    (yeah - I know - DUH! - but I bet I am not the only to have them in cache for so long they forgot :laugh

anyway - how do I deduce what goes where when we make our new gaming systems????

Re: new computers coming soon - how do I?

once you reinstall you can just go into the menu and restore your player accounts using manage accounts, cdkey's are not associated with accounts. you can use either email or player name but you will have to know the password of the account.

if you go into "my documents" / bf2 / profiles, you will see each player name has its own folder (000x). open the profile.con in each folder using notepad and it will tell you what email address goes with that account.

if you don't know your account password, you might be able to figure it out by going to one of gamespy's websites like gamespyid or fileplanet. from there you can probably change it.

you might also want to register your bf2 cdkey with EA by using the "register this product" in your start menu > eagames > bf2 directory. that way you'll be able to recover your cdkey in case you lose it.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
      once you reinstall you can just go into the menu and restore your player accounts using manage accounts, cdkey's are not associated with accounts. you can use either email or player name but you will have to know the password of the account.

if you go into "my documents" / bf2 / profiles, you will see each player name has its own folder (000x). open the profile.con in each folder using notepad and it will tell you what email address goes with that account.

if you don't know your account password, you might be able to figure it out by going to one of gamespy's websites like gamespyid or fileplanet. from there you can probably change it.

you might also want to register your bf2 cdkey with EA by using the "register this product" in your start menu > eagames > bf2 directory. that way you'll be able to recover your cdkey in case you lose it.
      :nod:

exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_ View Post
        :nod:

exactly.
        thanks guys - not so nervous now
        only need to really save 3 of the accounts :salute:

Comment

You can also find your CD key in the Windows registry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            yes.
            run -> regedit - > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts/EA Games/Battlefield2/ergc
            to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragon View Post
              thanks guys - not so nervous now
              only need to really save 3 of the accounts :salute:
              copy the profile folders you want to keep from your "my documents" and put them back after the install and all your settings wont be lost. you will need to enter the password for each account the first time you log in though.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

no longer true - it is now encrypted - since a few patches back - but thanks for offer :salute:

Originally posted by signa View Post
                copy the profile folders you want to keep from your "my documents" and put them back after the install and all your settings wont be lost. you will need to enter the password for each account the first time you log in though.
                knew this part - (but still concerned about passwords)

hmmm ,,,, an idea - as I do want to risk clearing the password from the save password section in my account login page - so, what if my son and I tried to use each other's computer and login from there? that way we can 'test' our passwords?? - will that be a good idea? - sorry to be so anal about this

Comment

If any of the cd keys were registered, they will only work with the account they were registered to. Most people don't bother registering though!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragon View Post
                    no longer true - it is now encrypted - since a few patches back - but thanks for offer :salute:
                    Yeah, you're right, but it's still unencrypted in 2142 for whatever reason.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, but it's still unencrypted in 2142 for whatever reason.
                      Its because BF2142 owners are more trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X