Where have all the people gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where have all the people gone?

What are your specs? I hear the game runs well with a quad core processor.

Comment

I hear the game came out in 2006 and can't utilize all 4 cores... :rollseyes:

Basically the only game where a quad core helps gaming more than your e-pen0r would have to be in supreme commander

Comment

nope

Comment

where have all the cowboys gone?

Comment

Well let's see, many BF2142 clan got disbanded.

COD4, COD5, TF2, Resistence 2, Left 4 Dead [Although I have a feeling they will be bored after 4 months with only 4 levels], Metal Gear Solid Patriot, ect...

Plus for myself as a RTS [Real Time Tactics Fan] I am pulled away by World in Conflict, Sins of a Solar empire. Red Alert 3 was epic fail to me though; EA ruined the old RA2 impression. Now we are playing with inflatable tanks and spider boats. How cute...

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQDiKGRut80[/media]

Originally posted by jake_ View Post

Basically the only game where a quad core helps gaming more than your e-pen0r would have to be in supreme commander
              not to say quad cores don't help a lot elsewhere, just not in gaming.

Comment

LOL, I haven't played since June 02, 2008. I just came back to see how things are. Yup, pretty slow.

Comment

you know what the real question is:

what are people's motivation to play the same game for 5-6 years? i personally find that i will get burned out playing a certain game after 6 months to a year and then have to do something else for a while.

Originally posted by jake_ View Post

i heard Unreal Tournament is one of the only other games that is multithreaded or whatever to use 4 cores.

but yeah guys this game your really just best off using a core2duo or something similar running around 3ghz your pretty well off.

Originally posted by Amaranthuse

Plus for myself as a RTS [Real Time Tactics Fan]...
                  rts. ugh gross. ATTACK THIS LOCATION. oh noes were out of resources i need to practice MY MACRO SKILLZ

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                    rts. ugh gross. ATTACK THIS LOCATION. oh noes were out of resources i need to practice MY MACRO SKILLZ
                    Pardon my nerd from within lol :laugh: I've been there for RA2 and boy did I have a good time! :thumbsup:

Isn't commanding in BF2 and 2142 share similarities of RTS? :|:

Well; I m a big fan of those genres and boy; I admit new games did draw me away from 2142 for a while. Then I came back reminding myself my PC is outdated and can only run 2142 on High - Medium Settings.

Comment

I come and go with this game alot. Play awhile, then move onto something, but tend to be quickly drawn back.

Installed BF2 and all the add-ons, and lasted a whole 15mins or so. The game feels so restricted and over patched and well quite frankly ruined! So it was back to BF2142 again.

My only real complaint is, lack of variety when it comes to maps. There's too many Camp G servers and a lack of anything else, although they are still out there.

Shame as until the next proper BF release (not that Heroes piddle) there's nothing that comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ View Post
                        GTA4 for PC too, seen a ton of people playing that. I do admit it looks better on PC than Xbox.
                        Yup, that's why i haven't been playing 2142 that much in the past few weeks. GTA 4 is the main reason, and after that it's COD5 and Far Cry2. And i beat Tomb Raider Underworld

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse View Post
                          Pardon my nerd from within lol :laugh: I've been there for RA2 and boy did I have a good time! :thumbsup:

Isn't commanding in BF2 and 2142 share similarities of RTS? :|:

Well; I m a big fan of those genres and boy; I admit new games did draw me away from 2142 for a while. Then I came back reminding myself my PC is outdated and can only run 2142 on High - Medium Settings.
                          i played starcraft back in the day a little bit and played a few of the Dawn of War games mainly cause i was into WH40k but i suck at rts.

commanding in bf is a little bit like rts but then the thing is real people are alot harder to control.

Originally posted by Spuddy View Post

My only real complaint is, lack of variety when it comes to maps. There's too many Camp G servers and a lack of anything else, although they are still out there.

i want to see more servers running cerbere landing, belgrade and fall of berlin. seriously a 48 person server with camp, cerbere, shingle, IO belgrade and IO Berlin.

Comment

you know what the real question is:

what are people's motivation to play the same map for 5-6 years?
                            Fixed.

Comment

commanding in bf is a little bit like rts but then the thing is real people are alot harder to control.
                              The saying goes, 'Commanding in Battlefield is like playing an RTS where your units don't do what you tell them.'

Originally posted by Spuddy
                              I'm still waiting for some big vehicle conquest servers, and I realise they're a pipe dream. Anyone who plays the big maps always goes Titan mode, and anyone who plays conquest goes to city maps. *sigh*

Comment

Sidi conquest is actually my favourite map. Some excellent battles along the center point (whoever holds it get a gunship)

Comment

Working...
                                X