Martydom...Fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martydom...Fixed?

No, not quite in this lifetime, but the guys finally got the grenade timing right! In COD4 the only way to survive a martydom was to run RIGHT AWAY. The grenade blew up in your hands if you tried to toss it back. In WaW, it is possible to toss it away, and even potentially kill a guy standing in front of you! Well they certainly fixed it... besides removing it from the game.

Damn, I really hate that perk!:shakehead:

Re: Martydom...Fixed?

It's still annoying, but it is much better in WAW than CoD4.

Comment

Don't forget the perk that resets the time on the grenade. I've found it to be WAY handy.

Comment

Don't forget the perk that resets the time on the grenade. I've found it to be WAY handy.
        Yeah, I haven't used it quite yet, but it would really help keep those grenades away.

Comment

Yep, Marty change and no nade spam in general are two reasons I like this game better. Ah, much better to die by bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
            Yep, Marty change and no nade spam in general are two reasons I like this game better. Ah, much better to die by bullets.
            yea i was gona say fixing marty doom would be removing it from the game lol

Martydoom
            Last stand
            claymores

im sry but ur ghey lol

Comment

All of my friends call it martydom. I always correct them saying "Its MARTYR-DOM."

:awes

And I agree, martyrdom and and nades are toned down.

Comment

I love it. I actually die from bullets instead of nades.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano View Post
                  No, not quite in this lifetime, but the guys finally got the grenade timing right! In COD4 the only way to survive a martydom was to run RIGHT AWAY. The grenade blew up in your hands if you tried to toss it back. In WaW, it is possible to toss it away, and even potentially kill a guy standing in front of you! Well they certainly fixed it... besides removing it from the game.

Damn, I really hate that perk!:shakehead:
                  No! In Call of Duty 4 the marty would not blow up in your hand but maybe 6-10ft away from you. But you have to be right next to the marty right when it falls, as every second is precious. I get kills with a marty every day from throwing them back, I don't die by them that much, but every now and then there's no escape route.

In HC just keep your distances.

Comment

Originally posted by ShookonesRR
                    yea i was gona say fixing marty doom would be removing it from the game lol

Martydoom
                    Last stand
                    claymores

im sry but ur ghey lol
                    Are you talking about the actual Claymores from COD4, or are you referring to the Bouncing Betties from COD:WW? (this is the COD:WW section of the forum, so I thought I'd ask)

To be honest, I never had much of a problem with Claymores in COD4...they seemed quite visible to me with the red lasers on them, and you could sprint past them and not take any damage. The Betties are a lot more dangerous, IMO.

Comment

The betties have a 360 degree trigger/kill radius. That's why I like them even less than claymores. The worst thing is shooting at someone up close only to see a betty drop off of them like a glowing turd as they die, then having it fly up in my face and kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
                        The betties have a 360 degree trigger/kill radius. That's why I like them even less than claymores. The worst thing is shooting at someone up close only to see a betty drop off of them like a glowing turd as they die, then having it fly up in my face and kill me.
                        :laugh:

Yeah, the being able to put down a betty that fast is ridiculous. They need to add like 1 sec to the plant time or something.

And I also agree, Betties are much more dangerous than claymores. In my RnG mode, I would just blaze by them. And, I usually would see they're glowing red lines around the corner. Betties are not as easy to see unless you're actually looking for them.

Comment

I seem to die from dogs more than bullets

Comment

Have you ever released dogs in FFA? I got over 20 kills from them from the one time they came out...:laugh: Go into a FFA server with around 10 people and release your dogs, owned.

Comment

The dogs are ridiculous. One bite and it's instant death. On the other hand, it takes a minimum of four bullets to drop one. It should be the other way around. At best, the dogs should daze you like the Tabun gas, make you vulnerable to attack from nearby enemies. The dogs are cheaper than the helos from CoD4, at least you could hide from them and with teamwork knock them down.

Comment

Working...
                              X