graphics corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics corruption

so i just downloaded 2142 from ea and im sorry i did.I really just want my money back but they dont do that on downloads.Does anyone know how to get rid of this grahpics corruption?I have the latest vid drivers for my gtx 260.I am really kinda pissed about this....any ideas?

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia-driv...on-bf2142.html

Re: graphics corruption

it is the nvidia drivers roll them back one. i and many others in my clan have recieve the same problem so just roll them back it it fixes it. also i had a problem with my card when anti-aliasing was on so turn that off to

Comment

It seems to vary from card to card, but some people (including me) have fixed the problems just by turning AA off.

If that doesn't work, christopherlon is right. The only thing you can do is roll back to earlier drivers. Not that big of a deal really, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_ View Post
        It seems to vary from card to card, but some people (including me) have fixed the problems just by turning AA off.

If that doesn't work, christopherlon is right. The only thing you can do is roll back to earlier drivers. Not that big of a deal really, though.

turn off aa?eff that!!!im gonna try and get my money back.I wish i would have know this bs before i bought the game.And rolling back drivers wont work for me because i play other games that require the latest drivers to actually run good.I tried that anyway and it didnt work.Thanks for the intel im officially really pissed now.This game can suck my big fat ****

Comment

Return that GTX 260 and get a 4870 then, not the game. DICE/EA can't do anything about how Nvidia drivers work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            DICE/EA can't do anything about how Nvidia drivers work.
            Well.... that's true, but it would be nice if it was something that could be addressed in patch 1.51

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot View Post
              turn off aa?eff that!!!im gonna try and get my money back.I wish i would have know this bs before i bought the game.And rolling back drivers wont work for me because i play other games that require the latest drivers to actually run good.I tried that anyway and it didnt work.Thanks for the intel im officially really pissed now.This game can suck my big fat ****
              Its not that big of a deal, really, man. There's a new update coming out soon and they will definitely fix it. Also, I think the problem only occurs with the beta drivers for most people iirc. I think, you should be able to play other games on the previous ones just fine (don't hold me to it though.)

BF2142 is such a great game it isn't worth getting mad about any set backs that might occur, even if you have to wait to play it.

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
              Return that GTX 260 and get a 4870 then, not the game. DICE/EA can't do anything about how Nvidia drivers work.
              Actually, although the 4870 outperforms the latest Nvidia cards, in the long run Nvidia drivers have actually been much more stable. This is the first time I've ever even heard of a problem with nvidia drivers.

Comment

well he has a voss so he has obvioulsy played a bit, but yeh srsly it's not ea's fault and they are patching the game again so most likely for this very reason so i think you need to calm down and be patient

Comment

hopefully nvidia fixes this issue. there is a workaround with nhancer app i believe, but that's a 3rd party app. it looks ugly as hell with no AA on my 24".

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                    hopefully nvidia fixes this issue. there is a workaround with nhancer app i believe, but that's a 3rd party app. it looks ugly as hell with no AA on my 24".
                    yeah and i have a 24 inch and i dont even wanna look at it with no aa.I know its not ea's fault but im just pissed.Nothing i can do about it i just feel like ive been robbed.Im actually kinda poor right now and 30 buck for a game i cant play just bothers me.

Comment

well if you can't stand it, go here: http://www.nhancer.com/

download it, then set BF2142 AA settings with it and you will have AA back.

from nvidia forums:

"First you need to go to Options menu on top and choose "Allow override of predefined settings". Then uncheck Enhance in-game AA setting on the right. That's the culprit of the problem. nVidia control panel wouldn't let you uncheck that but nHancer does by overriding predefined settings.

Rest of my settings are:

Anti-Aliasing checked, Multisampling, 8xQ (though I'm sure 16xQ should work just as well) - Nothing else is checked under Enhancements tab and no other modifications made to other tabs. Also make sure you go into BF2142's own video options and turn antialiasing off there before using nHancer."
                      this works great, i tried it out myself and no more jagged edges.

nvidia hasn't addressed this issue in the one subsequent driver that came out after this issue started, but i'm hoping they will fix this because pretty much everyone has nvidia cards these days, 8800 cards being the most owned cards at the moment. they can't continue to ignore this, albiet not many people are playing BF2142 as much as before.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_ View Post
                        Actually, although the 4870 outperforms the latest Nvidia cards, in the long run Nvidia drivers have actually been much more stable. This is the first time I've ever even heard of a problem with nvidia drivers.
                        GTX 260 Core 216 > 4870 1gb >4870 512mb > GTX 260 from here.

Though it doesn't mean crap if it can't play the games you want to play. If they don't fix it by the time I decide to get a new graphics card, I will probably sway toward ATI.

Comment

put it simple,

bf2142 is a graphics corruption...

Comment

I rolled back the drivers and it worked....and i have to say...this game is ****ing broken.The hitboxes or whatever bf uses are so messed up.It makes it a game of total luck.I shoot right at someone and unload a whole clip into them and it doesnt register.Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesnt..It makes the game totally fukcing stupid..I dont even see how people are playing this peice of **** excuse for an online fps.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot View Post
                              I rolled back the drivers and it worked....and i have to say...this game is ****ing broken.The hitboxes or whatever bf uses are so messed up.It makes it a game of total luck.I shoot right at someone and unload a whole clip into them and it doesnt register.Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesnt..It makes the game totally fukcing stupid..I dont even see how people are playing this peice of **** excuse for an online fps.

It sounds like you're new so good luck :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                              X