Single Player........ almost too easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Player........ almost too easy

Did any of you tried to use pistol to go through a single player level?

Using rifle is too easy, so I tried to use pistol when I replay the second level (little resistance). Actually, it was little resistance if you just sit there and call artillery rocket to bomb every single japs out. I didn't even need to fire a shot until the tunnel part. There isn't enough pistol ammo around for most levels. If there are, I might try to use pistols to go through all infantry levels.

On highest difficulty setting, of course.

In the mean time, I'll try to play it through with bolt action. Semiautos are for *******.

Re: Single Player........ almost too easy

Playing through it on the console is damn hard... seems like every single Japanese soldier is always shooting at you, and only you. Its actually really frustrating.

But for PC... play through it once and play MP if you want any kind of challenge I suppose.

Comment

Yeah, I dont really like it, early missions were pretty good but the later ones just dont feel that fluid, i.e i can see/be in spawn points, ai that you can see in the distance but wont shoot at you until you come closer and so on.

Comment

The SP was almost an afterthought. Or at least got about a weeks worth of development. Infinity Ward did SOOOO much better with the CoD:MW SP!!

Comment

i wouldn't say it is too easy, just its not very fun like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by NQ Sonic
            Infinity Ward did SOOOO much better with the CoD:MW SP!!
            I still don't get why a lot of people praise CoD4's sp so much... I mean, it was decent, but I remember sighing a couple of times from being bored lol. I did enjoy shooting people from the chopper at night. It was a good CoD sp as are all the others, very linear as they always are also. I'm not saying CoD:WW's sp is perfect or even in comparison, I'm just referring to the fact that a lot of people are always impressed with CoD4's sp and it doesn't seem like it deserves that much praise. It had some fun cinematic "movie-like" effects and ideas, and the in between levels were pretty cool, but CoD:WW wins in that creative category. I almost didn't even buy the game after playing the horrible sp demo. Luckily the mp was better.

SP always seems like a chore to me anyway if I'm buying a game for the mp. I feel like I have to beat it, then I can move onto the fun in mp. Now, there are certain games that I buy for just the sp, but that's b/c they're sp doesn't take less than 5 hours to complete.

Comment

CoD + UO singleplayer was the best anyway Less cinematic and more action

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                CoD + UO singleplayer was the best anyway Less cinematic and more action
                There were plenty of cinematic moments in CoD and UO. The car chases and the Battle of Stalingrad, to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
                  I still don't get why a lot of people praise CoD4's sp so much...
                  I think some of it is perception. Remember the people who forgot about all of the bugs COD4 had at the beginning, and praised IW for being so much better than Treyarch and 402 being a better community mgr? Selective memory.

COD4 had a modern setting which a lot of people like, an original fictional story that was both somewhat realistic and creative, and it had some big dramatic moments (nuke, end sequence, etc). I think a lot of those things made a big impression on people, so they remember it fondly and forget the flaws.

That being said, I think I enjoyed COD4's SP more as a whole. I think the Russian/German missions in COD:WW were quite good, but I didn't care as much for the US/Japan ones.

Comment

I remember the bugs at the start of CoD4, not being able to get on servers at all, random kicks... it was hell :awes

Comment

CoD4 had an awesome sniper level which won me over pretty quick

I also found WaW quite easy but setting it to "veteran" difficulty sure fixed that

Comment

Word good points. And I did enjoy it, I didn't want it to come off like I didn't. I just don't rank it in my top 5 of all time or anything. As with any game nowadays also, I'd rather have them focus on mp anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
                          I'd rather have them focus on mp anyway.
                          That's where it's at!

Comment

CoD 4 single player was fun once, and only once. It was cool because it was so cinematic, but after that you know what happens and it just feels uber linear.

Comment

I found the 'freedom' pretty boring also, i.e you can chose 1 of 2 paths that lead to the same place or chose which person to save.. It just became tiresome and felt like some MoH on the last level.

Comment

Working...
                              X