*Sigh* Power Level Servers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Sigh* Power Level Servers...

Well it's official, the only servers I can play on with modes that I enjoy are all Power Level servers. There are other servers, but they're unpopulated pretty much 24/7. The Power Level servers are full of asshats and noobs. The noobs I can deal with because they are so easy to kill, though they present no challenge. The asshats ruin the game with the constant whining and calling out cheats and hacks when they have 170+ ping and a whole list of retarded crap they do. I'm now at the highest rank with all 10 custom slots open since there were no other servers for me to play on.

I can't wait for the new patch to be released. Hopefully it will help with all the power leveling nonsense and the unfavorable crowd of people they attract. *sigh* I still kind of feel like I wasted my money on COD WAW. I guess I will see whats happening with Cod4 again, haven't played it since I got WAW.

Re: *Sigh* Power Level Servers...

Its OK Third-eye. There are always ***-hats. I just play the game too. Ive said this in the callofduty.com forums, but the majority wants to play for points and regular servers go empty because of it.

There are some good servers out there with ping limitations on them.

Have fun with what you can and ignore the dopes. When the 1.2 patch comes out it will be back to "normal"
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I just play a few core Gametype SC servers. Although I did use a power level server to get to Prest. 10 Rank 65 ;o I just set cg_teamchatsonly 1 so that I wouldn't have to read all that crud people come out with

Comment

Thats a good idea Pieman Go to voip disabled servers and turn off the type

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by [10]CinC.Pieman' View Post
          I just play a few core Gametype SC servers. Although I did use a power level server to get to Prest. 10 Rank 65 ;o I just set cg_teamchatsonly 1 so that I wouldn't have to read all that crud people come out with
          That is a useful line to know.

Comment

The spread of these servers has gotten fairly ridiculous...but as you said, hang in there, as the v1.2 patch should put an end to the outrageous point values. I've mentioned it before, but I think that a lot of players/clans are rushing to get their points now while they can, because news that Treyarch is working on a fix has gotten out, and this "gold mine" could end at any time.

Comment

Oh yeah, 100% on that. With everyones server being empty, they change it to power level and then just rank up with everyone else.

It kinda reminds me of the Incredibles where Syndrome says, "And when everyone is super....nobody is."

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                The spread of these servers has gotten fairly ridiculous...but as you said, hang in there, as the v1.2 patch should put an end to the outrageous point values. I've mentioned it before, but I think that a lot of players/clans are rushing to get their points now while they can, because news that Treyarch is working on a fix has gotten out, and this "gold mine" could end at any time.
                That's nice since people will still be able to play 1.0 (hopefully like COD4) even after new patches are released. Those who want to avoid power servers can simply patch to 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  That's nice since people will still be able to play 1.0 (hopefully like COD4) even after new patches are released. Those who want to avoid power servers can simply patch to 1.2.
                  Oh yeah...lol! So I guess the "rush" isn't quite necessary. I don't think they would be able to code it in where the ranks wouldn't transfer to 1.2. Unless they made a code that determined the points per minute or something as illegal. Hmm, 3000 points every 10 mins, suspicious? :laugh:

Comment

if it is so easy to rank up using the power servers why are there so many of them? You would figure by now everyone would be 65 with lvl 10 presitge and the need for them would go away.

Since it would seem that most of the people using the high point servers are obsessed with ranks and points rather than just playing the game, what happens when they reach max rank? Do they keep playing high points servers or do they just go back to playing normally? I am guessing they keep playing the high points servers because they get some sort of gratification of getting 10k xp per kill. Either that or they just go play another game since they have "accomplished" everything in this game.

It is very sad that gaming has become ruined by stats, rankings and achievements. It seems the latest generation of gamers have no clue that games used to be played for fun.

For me all the stats and awards are fluff. Sure it's nice to have them but they don't dictate my gameplay nor are they required for me to enjoy myself.

Comment

Same as first post in topic, so many power level servers, I always manage to get stuck in them. Got 10th prestige and everything, so now I am trying to find a decent non-10k per kill server. And working on my Bolt-Action Skills

Comment

I haven't played in over a week. I've made it to level 56. One of the reasons I've stopped playing is because it is hard to find legitimate servers.

If they really wanted to send a message to the illegitimate servers out there they could erase everyone's stat's along with the install of patch 1.2 and start from zero. Even though I avoided the Power Levels I would take the hit.

Just have mod's that would allow gameplay with all the unlocks that wouldn't keep their stats. Or as suggested above there would still be numerous unpatched servers out there.

Comment

To be honest, in CoD i don't care about the level stats, so i'll play on any server. I do like getting the weapon achievments though.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz View Post
                            So I guess the "rush" isn't quite necessary.
                            Hard to say. When a new patch comes out, usually the majority of servers update to it (especially if there are fixes to server stability, which this patch might contain). So when v1.2 arrives, there are likely to be a much smaller number that stay on v1.0 to remain as powerlevel servers.

This might be a special case though, considering how "useful" the powerlevel servers are, and we may see a higher number of servers decide to stay at v1.0. If there's only a small number that stay as 1.0, they'll likely be quite full most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                              if it is so easy to rank up using the power servers why are there so many of them? You would figure by now everyone would be 65 with lvl 10 presitge and the need for them would go away.

Since it would seem that most of the people using the high point servers are obsessed with ranks and points rather than just playing the game, what happens when they reach max rank? Do they keep playing high points servers or do they just go back to playing normally? I am guessing they keep playing the high points servers because they get some sort of gratification of getting 10k xp per kill. Either that or they just go play another game since they have "accomplished" everything in this game.

It is very sad that gaming has become ruined by stats, rankings and achievements. It seems the latest generation of gamers have no clue that games used to be played for fun.

For me all the stats and awards are fluff. Sure it's nice to have them but they don't dictate my gameplay nor are they required for me to enjoy myself.
                              This post wins the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X