Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shield overloading

Originally posted by Dare978Devil View Post
    You can hit them from the vents???! I didn't know that! I'll have to give it a try next time I am an engineer and there is a supply guy nearby. Agree with the other posters though, 14 shots is a huge number, the pilum takes forever to load another round. Any defending team which allows 14 consecutive pilum shots isn't putting up much of a defense. However, I assume this tactic has no effect at all on Corridor 1 & 2 consoles, so it is not like you will get around the grenade spammers by pulling it off. Or did I miss something?

DD.
    I think the only reason it's harder from the vents is because you're more exposed, those that don't know about it rarely figure they would have the need to defend the upper ones since they are "cozy" down below

Yeah, you missed something I don't know the reason but when you do take out the upper shields console's 1 and 2 blow up respectively...

I was accused of hacking and then kicked for doing it. Although looking at the list Skates posted I think it was a 308 server...

Comment

When the 14th shot hits the shield, it destroys the console below it and allows you access to console 3 or 4. You would be surprised at the number of players that will just sit in the lower corridor while you stand right above them shooting the shield.

Comment

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Consoles 1 n 2 power the shields to 3 n 4. Overloading the shields causes the consoles to overheat and eventually explode - how is that a glitch or cheat.

Plus if an engineer has the time to fire 14 pilum rounds at each of your shields then you deserve to burn in the flaming remains of your Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
          You would be surprised at the number of players that will just sit in the lower corridor while you stand right above them shooting the shield.
          You would be surprised at the number of players that will just sit in the lower corridor and keep on nade spamming while you stand right above them with the lower console destroyed a while ago.

It's funny. I'm shooting Pilums at the upper console and I still hear "Frag out!" coming from down below.

Comment

wow, always another bug.

yeah, I did try to tell people how to rdx glitch the titan a while back. It was mainly motivated by my hatred of people who sit all comfy in the titan hangar bay and get 100 kills to 0 deaths from raining death with the titan guns server after server. But TGN promptly told me off and warned me not to do it again.

But yeah, it is easy to counter. Those lazy fratboys with their exploding beer cans are too lazy to come out and get you. Even with the temptation of an easy dog tag while you are setting your RDX isn't enough to persuade them to move. Guess it was too much for them to get bouncers to stop you from crashing their stag party.

But that shield overloading trick looks like a cool one and is probably more legit than glitching the titan with rdx.

Comment

edit: Went out and tried it at the local server and it works like a charm. A guy was watching me from the other side as i shot away at it. When it went down, boy was he surprised. Needless to say that people started wondering what happened, and when i told them, they were quick to bring in votekicks.

I think if this info is spread around so that more people know about it, then perhaps it won't be seen as a glitch or exploit. We fight this ground battle to cap silos that shoot missiles at the outer titan shield. Same principle. Not very hard to get your head around it and everyone takes it for granted.

Comment

This isn't a bug. I've known about it for ages, but never heard it called "shield overloading" until recently.

Its perfectly even for gameplay. 14 shots takes forever. That's plenty of time to stop someone. Plus, you really need team work to get it done too, which makes it harder to accomplish.

Comment

Not much of a titan guy, but why this isn't allowed on all servers is beyond me. It takes teamwork, which should be encouraged. It also adds another, albeit long and difficult, dimension to titan attack which is also nice.

I know some servers don't allow this, but I consider it somewhat akin to Camp G, moving outside the walls. If a person wants to expose themselves in a near defenseless manner, they can run from EU Base to Harbor on the outside and get EU out of the cornered hell hole they occasionally get in. Rare, difficult, but a tactic that allows one more dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                    You would be surprised at the number of players that will just sit in the lower corridor and keep on nade spamming while you stand right above them with the lower console destroyed a while ago.

It's funny. I'm shooting Pilums at the upper console and I still hear "Frag out!" coming from down below.
                    :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X