WaW is effectively ruined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WaW is effectively ruined

Wow, I gotta say I'm amazed that I'm already on the cusp of hanging up this game and going back to CoD4. The number of insane point nub servers has gotten to be completely overwhelming and the pleasure of pwning scrubs just doesn't last. The first time I turned in a 100k point round was hilarious but seriously, WTF? This really shouldn't have been possible in a shipping game. Mind you incinerating my profile because I hadn't been super diligent about backing up shouldn't have happened either.

Things are now beyond patching. Over the last week the number of legit servers within 80 ping of me has dropped and the vast majority have become 3k-5k per kill servers regardless of game mode. Too few slots for legit players and too many scrubs looking for the quick upgrade. I haven't seen recent xfire stats but this kind of crap won't unseat CoD4 as the FPS of choice for most gamers.

For all the bugs and shortcomings, the contagious disease of unlimited point servers has pretty well smashed the game all to hell. The core of the game is fun and even the hit registration issues I was willing to wait for a patch for, but the server config issues have now gone on far to long for this to be a halfway serious game anymore.

Just wanted to get my $.02 in.

Re: WaW is effectively ruined

Go brush your teeth.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I, too, struggle to find legit servers but have so far never been fooled into joining one that doesn't have Powerserver or FastRank in its title. I look for the half full servers and then click Server Info and scroll down to see the scores of the various players. Anything in the thousands and I skip it.

I do fear that if they wait too long to fix this issue that most legit players will move on from this game.

Comment

you losing ur saved games is yer own fault..

as far as the points things goes i think its rediculas also, and for some reason it really has attracted more noobs then ive ever seen b4 but if u do a search for "Friendly Fire on" servers only ive had alot of luck in finding some good games other than that game is pretty solid for me.

Comment

"Ruined"? That is a pretty strong word.
          The ranking system may be bogus now, but like in most FPS games it was just a measure of time played anyway.

If the gameplay is good does it really matter that much that ranking doesn't work? I remember scores of people complaining on these forums about how ranking ruined FPS games.

Well if the OP is correct everybody will soon be prestige rank 10, which effectively means no ranking. Happy now?

Comment

My biggest beef is that the power rank thing has spread over so many of the servers. The point about tightening the searches is valid but there are so few really good servers. I'm sure it was a network thing but the bolt only servers even disappeared tonight.

As for losing the profile, yeah it was my fault. I should expect $50 release products to blue screen on quit. Yes, I'd seen it was possible and just gotten sloppy with the backups. I have to date had no such problems with CoD4. Blue screens are inexcusable.

Comment

Some good legit servers below......

Comment

I'm actually having a hard time finding "point nub" servers in Australia. Thank goodness.

Comment

This issue is being patched correct?

I too feel that having elevated point servers just ruins a very good structure of unlocks and perks.

Effectively now there is no reward for working hard to get to a certain unlock or perk. People can unlock everything in one game. I can understand why game players gravitate to this, but I can't understand why so many servers cater to this.

I used to play in an unlimited spawn S&D that had normal points until the elevated point S&D's completely took over. The name of this server has Powerlevel, but the points were not elevated.

This server's name is POWERLEVEL[BP]BPCOD.

Comment

If the gameplay is good, who gives a f*ck.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon View Post
                      If the gameplay is good, who gives a f*ck.
                      I did neglect to mention the hit registration. I'd been holding out for the patch to fix some of those issues (3 head shots with the M1 required for a kill on hardcore, that kind of thing), but there are so many other fundamental problems that I really don't know that it matters if the tuning issues are fixed.

Comment

I must admit I find the whole situation highly amusing. I find the whole rank and perk things a load of crap. It's a cheap way to make an average game seem a bit better. CoD:WaW is so similar to cod4 it is unreal, in mp terms.

The thing that annoys me is I have constant problems trying to play a co op game with buddies, and I suspect the ranking crap is all behind it. If the master server is down, I cant play my online game for example. Hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                          Go brush your teeth.

Crunch
                          Every post i have read of yours are so positive towards treyarch, are they actually paying you?
                          Or are you sucking them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dual_Core
                            Every post i have read of yours are so positive towards treyarch, are they actually paying you?
                            Or are you sucking them off?
                            Really, every one of them? Even the one that lists all the things that need to be fixed? Or the posts asking for more pictures of guns because i want a better look at the texture issues? How about my posts in callofduty.com on some of the other problems? You read those too?

I dont deny there are problems and I was one of the first to mention some of them. To say the game is "over" and "ruined" and "too late to be fixed" is utter crap and nonsense. It may be over for you, and I am OK with that. Its not a problem.

There has been a number of posts about where can anyone find a good POPULATED regular server. Well, I got news for everyone; If you dont join that server and help it be populated, it never will be. It will cause more server admins to change their servers to keep them alive until the patch that turns this stupidness off is released.

Lost your profile in WaW? Lost mine in CoD4 twice, havent lost it in WaW. I back it all up now.

Since before this game was released, Ive heard legitimate gripes and people that just want to complain. Maybe if people cared a little less about rank and a little more about playing a video game, we wouldnt have to worry as much.

In your posting I mentioned about the positive talkers being shouted down, here is a good example.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't believe it's "ruined" at all. It is a bit annoying to see SOOOO many powerlevel servers, but I think we're seeing a temporary blip - people are rushing to use/abuse these powerlevel servers while they can, since Treyarch has announced that they are working on a fix. They won't be around long, so I think a lot of people are hitting them while the iron is hot. Once the patch comes out, I believe things will calm down significantly, especially if/when other important fixes are also released (most notably the "/record" and "http redirect" issues, which will greatly help the competitive and modding/mapping scenes).

Comment

Working...
                              X