Email Treyarch and ask for a refund.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Treyarch and ask for a refund.

What do you thing they would answer with if we all emailed treyarch and said we want a refund???????
    And the best answer goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Re: Email Treyarch and ask for a refund.

They'd say no.................. Refunds are based on manufacturer warranties, which are based on actual problems/defects with the disc/game,,,,,,,,,,, not whether or not you enjoyed it....................

(Sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I had to.................)

Comment

Why did you buy the game in the first place... there was a public beta for a reason.

Comment

Most people assume the beta is there for testing and rooting out bugs. You know, that the "finished" game will be at least more stable than the beta.

Comment

Is for me

Comment

They would say no.

For me, the game is very stable. So is my server.

Yeah, there are some bugs. Bugs that Treyarch said they are working into the patch, which is rumored to be out next month.

They also had a day one patch that fixed a lot of other issues.

Could Treyarch have done things better or different? Sure. Could EA/DICE? Could THQ? Could "insert game with bugs here"?

I just dont understand the hate. I read the same articles and played the same beta everyone else did and I got the game I was expecting. Yet others felt it was a disaster. I know its preference and differences between people, but it still boggles my mind.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

People generally don't expect a game to only run on certain configurations of hardware/software. Some people rolled the dice and can play just fine. Other people hit snake-eyes and get a BSOD if they try to leave a game.
              It wouldn't be quite so bad if the devs hadn't decided to take a vacation and give us little more than "soon."
              I love the game when it works properly. It's when I have to restart the game three times to dodge the dreaded "server authentication error" or "duplicate qport on server" that pisses me off. Or the fact that co-op, joining or hosting, is pretty much random for many people, including me. I've only played co-op twice, once with my wife on LAN and once with a friend who hosted from a hotel room. For some reason, he couldn't connect to me when I invited him. But random other people could jump in via the server browser. So he hosted and we played for a few hours, it was a blast. Then the next day I couldn't join him at all. Nothing had changed in our systems.
              Could you see how some of us might not feel we got the game we were sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant View Post
                People generally don't expect a game to only run on certain configurations of hardware/software. Some people rolled the dice and can play just fine. Other people hit snake-eyes and get a BSOD if they try to leave a game.
                A BSOD wouldn't be down to the game. It is more a driver or hardware error. World at War can't run at such a low level of the system, therefore it's a weaknesses elsewhere.

CoD:WaW may invoke the BSOD, but it isn't the reason

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                  A BSOD wouldn't be down to the game. It is more a driver or hardware error. World at War can't run at such a low level of the system, therefore it's a weaknesses elsewhere.

CoD:WaW may invoke the BSOD, but it isn't the reason
                  Why is this the only game to cause BSODs for many of us? A game can interact with drivers in a way that can cause a BSOD. Oblivion caused it for a lot of people who had FFDShow codecs installed. This isn't the same exact issue, though. Oblivion works now.

Comment

Hence why i said it can invoke the BSOD but not directly cause it. The reason would be a weakness in the driver code probably.

Comment

You don't have to restart the game when you get the server authentication error. Just click on select online profile and click ok.

Comment

I wouldn't even want to ask for a refund

Comment

You are entitled to do this if you feel that this is not like the game was advertised however you would need to provide proof. I would however advise against this as tbh its a waste of time and you will likely got nowhere

Comment

While WaW does has its share of issues, there are far worse games out there. Seriously.

I made the mistake of buying Stalker:Clear Skies, i loved Shadows of Chernobyl, figured ya couldnt go wrong with the next one. WELL, they did. It is basically one ripe, rank, stinkin turd burnt to a DVD, full of bugs and horrid scripting, FULL of it. WaW is a dream compared to that piece of wet stinkin sh!t, lol.

Honestly WaW doesnt even have that many issues on my PC, i do get a freeze every now and then, but thats it. Yes, it was broken out of the box, and required a DAY ONE patch, some people say, "oh, Treyarch is tight dawg, they support their game as of day one homey", others say, "those ****!ng tool sacks released a broken game". Either way, oh well, it plays for most people. Should a game company look at releasing games in perfect condition? Sure, they should also really understand the fact that we are shelling out 50-80$ to play their game, as it may not be a big deal to them its a HUGE deal to us as its our cash we are dealing out.

Release broken mod tools on top of that and what do ya have? A bunch of pissed off d00ds.

IMO ill stick with IW when it comes to COD.

Comment

To be honest, i really like the game. It's not as good as COD4, but it's still pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X