Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A video

Originally posted by Gunfire View Post
    But I'm running a single core cpu with 2gb ram and my 8600gt and I get great framerates.
    umm it doesnt matter how many cores you have the game only uses 1 core anyways. it depends on how fast that 1 core runs at

seriously theres alot of misinformation here and an overemphasis on graphics cards people need to get thier facts straight

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
    Not true. Bf2/2142 are very, very unaffected by CPu performance. The most change you might see is 5fps.

Graphics cards and RAM make the most difference, but you'd never see a 2x increase because of just a CPU (unless it's bottlenecking a more powerful card).
    no. NO NO. this is wrong. do not listen to this.

remember what i was saying about when i got my NEW COMPUTER

the dell had a 2.66Ghz Penitum D805 which is not good. then the new computer i put in a C2d E8500 and clocked it to 3.4Ghz and with the SAME GPU AND RAM. (((SAME GPU AND RAM)))

AND ON WINDOWS VISTA INSTEAD OF XP

I get a 130fps increase on single player cerbere landing. 70 avg fps - 200 avg fps.

seriously, your cpu IS important

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero View Post
    I dont get very good FPS even with a pretty good PC...Ill have to look into it because running fraps i only get 15 fps and on my older crappier PC i got like 30-40...Im hoping its just internet lag that can be fixed by upgrading to something faster
    its not internet lag. internet lag doesnt give you bad framerate. it just makes people warp around and funny stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
      no. NO NO. this is wrong. do not listen to this.

remember what i was saying about when i got my NEW COMPUTER

the dell had a 2.66Ghz Penitum D805 which is not good. then the new computer i put in a C2d E8500 and clocked it to 3.4Ghz and with the SAME GPU AND RAM. (((SAME GPU AND RAM)))

AND ON WINDOWS VISTA INSTEAD OF XP

I get a 130fps increase on single player cerbere landing. 70 avg fps - 200 avg fps.
      Ha, fraid not sir. I will explain your issue.

Basically, i am assuming you had a 4870 and your Pentium D. In this case, the Pentium D will be bottlenecking the card.

This means the CPU can't feed the GPU with data quickly enough, so the 4870 is sitting around waiting for the Pentium D to give it data.

Therefore, when you upgraded it is simply is able to feed the data to the GPU quicker, the BF2 engine is not directly affected.

Comment

no i said that this was the framerate i had with my old 7900gs 256mb video card plugged in. when i installed the 4870 i saw little increase in framerate on low settings. it just allowed me to crank the graphics up, which is not really important.

then instead of 3GB i have 6GB which does very little for fps it just allows maps to load faster.

back with the old dell at one point i went from 1GB to 3GB and it just made things less stuttery and gave me a bit better hit detection. but hardly any framerate increase.

7900gs is not a super good card. its pretty good but its getting old. the pD805 might have been bottlenecking that card but how does that explain hardly any framerate increase on low settings when going from that card to a 4870 when using an e8500?

im just wondering where you are cooking up your information from. maybe the whole confusion is that i was looking at this while on low settings?

Comment

Could be

I'm kind of lost. I just know that BF2 is not CPU heavy (relatively)

Comment

I'm pretty sure that BF2/2142 is actually a naturally single threaded application, although Vista does it's best to spread resources over multiple CPU's.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              I'm pretty sure that BF2/2142 is actually a naturally single threaded application, although Vista does it's best to spread resources over multiple CPU's.
              Vista assigns processes to the cores evenly; it can't split up a process.

Comment

yeah i was thinking about going with a quad core but then found out that most of these games cant even put it to use other than UT3 and this game yeah its not multithreaded or whatever

Comment

Most new games are multithreaded. Anything produced in the last year will be. I know GRID, FC2 and CoD definitely are.

Comment

lol this is one of those things where you look into something too much and then you realize that you need to learn more things about it. the only reason i know anything at all about what is needed to run this game wsa because originally it ran like crap on my old pc and i didnt like it

Comment

Working...
                    X