Tank buster kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tank buster kit

Oh, I don't have W@W. But if I get it, I know what I'm going to use to bust Shermans and Panzers now.

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10
      But if I get it, I know what I'm going to use to bust Shermans and Panzers now.
      Just an FYI, no Shermans in MP. Just Panzers and Russian T-34's.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
        Just an FYI, no Shermans in MP. Just Panzers and Russian T-34's.
        Would have been fun to drive a Sherman too.

What were the Japanese tanks called? The ones you had to Bazooka the heck out of in the campaign.

Comment

So I was making tsunamis on Makin and the map changed to roundhouse. So I thought I would play with the anti tank kit setup a bit and see what really worked and what doesnt. This is what I found out:

1. The PRTS does no damage to the tank upfront. it has to be pretty beat up first before it will do anything.

2. Bazookas, sticky grenades, and satchel charges do the same amount of damage on the tank. Not really, but they require the same number of hits. With fireworks on, it takes 4 stickies, 4 bazookas, or 4 satchels to take out a tank in the front or sides.

3. It takes one satchel from underneath with or without fireworks.

4. It takes two hits from anything from behind on the tank.

OK, now here is the kicker. While I was experimenting I wondered how much damage would a satchel charge make if it MISSED the tank and landed next to it. So I threw two satchel charges next to a tank, with full health, and DESTROYED the tank. No stickies, no grenades.

So, if you throw two satchel charges ON a tank, it wont destroy it. Throw two NEXT to the tank on any sides, even the front, and the tank blows up. ALSO, you dont need fireworks to do this, but you have to get a little closer. With fireworks, you can throw the charges a little further away and still destroy the tank.

In conclusion; One person can destroy a tank with full health by themselves AND you do not need anything other than satchel charges to do this.

Because of this I would change my kit layout to:

Any gun you want
          Sticky grenade (in case you miss still)
          Signal flare
          Satchel charges
          Juggernaut or fireworks
          Recon or Extreme Conditioning.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            Signal flare
            Have you tried or considered using a smoke nade instead? Someone posted that flares aren't as effective vs tanks...maybe smoke would be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              Have you tried or considered using a smoke nade instead? Someone posted that flares aren't as effective vs tanks...maybe smoke would be better?
              Yeah, that was me that mentioned the flares are not as affective.

Smoke works about as well also. The flares/smoke is more for covering yourself from infantry than the tank. At least thats how it seems to work best for me.

Trying to use it against a tank in overview just doesnt work as much.

Crunch

Comment

It's not hard, just make all your 5 or 10 create-a-classes different and make your own server on roundhouse and test it out.

Comment

Last night I was playing on Seelow and a teammate accidently threw a gas grenade on the tank I was in. I started coughing and my vision blurred and everything while in a tank.

Anyone try gas on enemies? I havent tried it yet.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Swatpll
                    :dead:I dont use bazooka because you need like 4 shot of them

5 in the front and 3 in the back!!

Comment

this doesnt have much to do with destroying the tank but last night i was playing roundhouse with tanks enabled. i saw an enemy tank so i threw a sticky nade first at it not caring where it lands and someone got in the MG seat from the other side of the tank and the sticky landed on the gunner and blew him up while damaging the tank LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X