Tank buster kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank buster kit

So I want to make a kit that will put the hurt on tanks and defend myself from enemy fire. Im not sure what would make the best layout.

The sticky grenade is in, no doubt about it. Primary weapon should probably be a sub machinegun, to help kill people that want to try to stop you. They have a high rate of fire and you can usually attach a drum to them.

Perk1:Satchel charges or bazooka?
    Im not sure. Satchel charges you have to get close, but you can also lay traps and blow up the tank from underneath. The bazooka you can shoot at a distance, but two shots usually dosnt take out a tank.

Perk2: Fireworks, flakjacket, or juggernaut?
    I think if you use fireworks, it will increase the damage of the satchel charges and sticky grenade. I dont know if it will increase the damage to the bazooka. I think it would. Fireworks is the replacement of sonic boom. I wonder if a tank driver had fireworks if the tank would be more powerful?

The flakjacket limits splash damage. It probably counters fireworks. Help stay alive in case the tank driver sees you and starts shooting your way.

Juggernaut would help with the enemy shooting at you. I dont know if it would help with tank damage though.

Perk3: Extreme Conditioning
    Run in, blow up, run out. I think that one is pretty good for an anti-tank kit.

So anyone try any of these out or know exactly what they affect weapon wise?

My current kit:

Thompson
    Sticky Grenade
    Bazooka
    Flak Jacket
    Extreme Conditioning

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Tank buster kit

lolo thx man!!:shock:

Comment

PTRS-41
      Bazooka

The rest is just fluff.

Comment

:dead:I dont use bazooka because you need like 4 shot of them

Comment

Bazooka. A sticky bomb and 2 shots will take out a tank from what I've heard, but then you'll be out of ammo.

I'd need more info on the damage modifiers of flak jacket, fireworks, and juggernaut before I can decide which is best.

BTW are you using a drum mag on the Thompson? Does it affect mobility, I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            Bazooka. A sticky bomb and 2 shots will take out a tank from what I've heard, but then you'll be out of ammo.

I'd need more info on the damage modifiers of flak jacket, fireworks, and juggernaut before I can decide which is best.

BTW are you using a drum mag on the Thompson? Does it affect mobility, I forgot.
            I have used the drum and havent seen it affect it. If it does its not noticable enough.

Yeah, I dont know the stats on the perks and a tank may be strong enough that it doesnt matter.

Crunch

Comment

I have found that satchels are just so much easier than using the bazooka.

Comment

Bazooka
                SMG
                Flackjacket

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  I wonder if a tank driver had fireworks if the tank would be more powerful?
                  I dont think so, as you can notice in the game menu, the vehicle perks are seperate. This is cool, as it doesnt absorb your soldier perks, yet you can only use one vehicle perk at a time(blowage).

It seems they dont give you enough firepower to take out a tank as a lone wolf. I would almost bet they planned on that goofy thing called teamwork to take it out. Which is great if you are a dev team, and can test this out in a team effort scenario, but once you get into the lonely pubs, it seems lost. You expend all your ammo on a tank, have it burning, then some d!ck pops a nade at it and gets the kill, hehe.

PS. OP you are a delicious breakfast treat. IMO.:thumbsup:

Comment

Cptaincrunch, you are a genious. That is the PERFECT kit for tank busting.

Comment

The PTRS is an anti tank rifle so it should be quite effective... i havent unlocked it yet though!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312 View Post
                        I dont think so, as you can notice in the game menu, the vehicle perks are seperate. This is cool, as it doesnt absorb your soldier perks, yet you can only use one vehicle perk at a time(blowage).

PS. OP you are a delicious breakfast treat. IMO.:thumbsup:
                        Yeah, thats true, the perks are seperated. I kinda forgot about that part of it. Glad you like my cereal

Originally posted by KC-10 View Post
                        Cptaincrunch, you are a genious. That is the PERFECT kit for tank busting.
                        What layout did you use and where you able to take out a tank with it by yourself?

Originally posted by [BFE]B1scu1T
                        The PTRS is an anti tank rifle so it should be quite effective... i havent unlocked it yet though!
                        Ive shot tanks like crazy with it and I cant tell that it does anything. I only used a few times though before I did the prestige. When I get it unlocked again I will try it out a bit more thorough.

I think I am just going to have to go into an empty server and try these things out and see what happens.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          I think I am just going to have to go into an empty server and try these things out and see what happens.
                          Keep in mind that different servers may have different health settings for both players and tanks. Running your own server on your PC for testing purposes may yield better results.

The PTRS was listed as an anti-tank rifle from WWII, but in the context of this game, it may just be a "regular" rifle. I agree that it needs some testing as well... (eg. maybe it does more direct damage to the driver of the tank? or maybe it doesn't do anything extra).

Comment

I did some testing.

Two satchel charges and 1 clip of the PTRS anywhere is a kill.

The PTRS by itself sucks. I shot every round with bandolier in the same spot on the threads, it never got it past red. I also tried bazookas with different perks, basically everything.

The best I find is:

PTSR
                            M1911
                            Flare (to blind tank)
                            satchels
                            fireworks
                            perk 3 is the RECON perk, as you can always see the enemy tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                              I did some testing.

Two satchel charges and 1 clip of the PTRS anywhere is a kill.

The PTRS by itself sucks. I shot every round with bandolier in the same spot on the threads, it never got it past red. I also tried bazookas with different perks, basically everything.

The best I find is:

PTSR
                              M1911
                              Flare (to blind tank)
                              satchels
                              fireworks
                              perk 3 is the RECON perk, as you can always see the enemy tanks
                              Thats a pretty good kit. As a tank driver I can tell you the flares dont work on the tanks unless the drivers zooms in. I guess out of the three choices, flares would be the better.

That perk3 option is good if you are hunting tanks. I like this layout :thumbsup:

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X