Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest patch

Originally Posted by nutterbuttermutt
    some chick at skool said confuzzled is it confused and puzzled I DONT KNOW!!!!!

You'll have to make a guestimation :laugh:

And EMO's whaa...

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AdASTkfi91E[/media]

You are.....

Are you gay...straight....Goth....Mosher....Girl....Guy... . EMO's Make No Sense!

Comment

Gone off topic a bit now?

Comment

Originally posted by ULTIMATE|WEAPON
        Generals is C&C, if it aint what is it? What have you been playing if you think Generals aint C&C :shakehead:

Either way you put it, if you think C&C Generals aint a C&C game it still a$$ rap£S the newest C&C games released.

IMO, Generals is a great game, only thing is the ability to not have a mobile base, but you just send your digger off to make a command centre anyway.
        Show me one parallel between Generals and any other game in teh C&C universe. Theres no Tiberium. Theres no NOD or GDI, there is none of the customary units. This is a completely stand alone RTS title, that had C&C whacked in front of its name so nubs would buy it thinking it was part of C&C.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Generals too, but it was just a cheap marketing ploy by EA putting C&C infront of its title.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgie View Post
          Show me one parallel between Generals and any other game in teh C&C universe. Theres no Tiberium. Theres no NOD or GDI, there is none of the customary units. This is a completely stand alone RTS title, that had C&C whacked in front of its name so nubs would buy it thinking it was part of C&C.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Generals too, but it was just a cheap marketing ploy by EA putting C&C infront of its title.
          I see where your coming from... Story wise the game has nothing to do with C&C, but personally saying, i never knew the C&C story anyway, so Generals is just another C&C game to me. Generals is C&C it just doesn't follow the C&C story, like Resident Evil 4 for example, its still Resident Evil but doesn't follow the story, but i get your point :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by System
            At least RA2's dolphins were realistic
            How is a dolphin with a laser on its back in form realistic?

Comment

Because dolphins armed with sensors and gadgets are used for finding sea mines i believe.

Dolphins were used in Iraq to minesweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                Because dolphins armed with sensors and gadgets are used for finding sea mines i believe.

Dolphins were used in Iraq to minesweep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_dolphin
                Lol i know thats true but it sounds funny as hell, Send in the dolphins to do the dirty work.

Comment

RA2 and Tiberian Sun/Firestorm owned all the series imo.

Generals = garbage. Don't get me wrong though, its an ok play for a little while but deep down inside if you are a true C&C fan, it breaks your heart because it is the first game in the series not produced by Westwood Studios and with that said, had nothing to do with any of the other C&C titles like stated above.

Then I go and try C&C 3 and I was extremely disappointed in my purchass. Its got ugly EA written all over it, trying way too hard to impress you with gfx and taking away from the gameplay. I myself could not car for all the huge grenades being lobbed from apcs and what not. a small one is more than sufficient for me to enjoy. Then of course when I got it when it came out, it was full of tonnes of glitches.

I guess thats what really got to me, not too long into the SP and I find myself using a commando that flies and does not die to flame tanks on the hardest difficulty as well as units just plain stuck and will not move.

Then again I have to admit, the last games I really enjoyed was BF2 and D2. Sim city 4 and cod4 were ok, so was bf2142 for a little bit but in the end I went back to my old skool titles including sim city 3000 unlimited and RA2/Tiber sun. So there you have it, I enjoy old skool games with old skool gfx more than these new releases so I'll admit my opinion may be somewhat bias.

oyeah,
                  SuperNES Crono Trigger FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post

Generals = garbage. Don't get me wrong though, its an ok play for a little while but deep down inside if you are a true C&C fan, it breaks your heart because it is the first game in the series not produced by Westwood Studios and with that said, had nothing to do with any of the other C&C titles like stated above.
                    yeh i respect that because your a C&C hardcore fan you think Generals is crap, but your judging it on the fact westwood didn't make it and because it doesn't follow the C&C storyline. But you gotta stop thinking if its not part of the story its no good, like i said before, Resident Evil 4 had nothing to do with the RE series, but its a brilliant game in its own respects, and thats what generals is, its a good game in its own right, you can't judge it on the fact Westwood didn't make it and it doesn't follow the story.

IMO, Generals has the best gameplay of the majority of the C&C games, the Units you use kick A$$ and its a fair fight, i just can't agree that Generals is Garbage, but i do respect your opinion.

Comment

I had never seen these before, very nice. :thumbsup:

I had always used:

http://www.serverspy.net/site/stats/

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

Can you believe that Battlefield 2 - DEMO is still on one of the lists? :shock:

GameSpy
                      31. Battlefield 2 Demo

And while we are off the subject in a lot of this post...

Go, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Spearhead :rtfo:

Comment

Working...
                      X