Sad state of servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad state of servers

Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to find a decent game anymore? I only play titan, and my server choices have dropped to almost nil of late. I've either gotten banned for made up reasons "I wish I could say I was owning too hard, but it's usually just some excuse they made up to ban me" or the server has either closed down or died. CGI went to 60 man which for my hardware is about 59 too many. Titan assault looks like a slide show there. I got banned from the VET server for "pilum hacking". Banned from the S8J server for language "that's just the reason given for the ban at the time it was issued, I never said a word over chat or voip". I was banned the day before yesterday from the XXX server for "glitching", but I had done nothing at all but play a straight game.

In the past I could have cared less about these bans, but man the server choices are getting slim now. I could see if I was breaking some of the stupid and petty rules that server admins seem to love so much, but I've actually been trying to adhere to the less annoying rules to keep from getting the shoe leather from the few servers left. Seems like that made it worse.

Any one know any decent titan servers that don't run suez 24/7, are 32 man and at least decent admins?

I think NfB made their titan server all Suez

Re: Sad state of servers

whats wrong with suez? everyibe loves suez.... plenty of fav's for u to pilum ....

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
      whats wrong with suez? everyibe loves suez.... plenty of fav's for u to pilum ....
      Don't get me wrong, it's a good map. Just not over and over and ..... Minsk and Verdun are my favorites, but one one else seems to like them....

Comment

Verdun is my favourite. You're right, it isn't played enough.

Comment

I totally agree, sad state indeed, usually I only get around 100 servers or so 75% being Suez canal for titan mode like you said. Sadly Battlefield 2 still shows more servers, I just like 2142 alot better.

I have noticed that even though the pings show red (around 100 or so) I'll still try and connect to my favs and get 20 pings. I'd make a list of the ones I go to but I'm up in chicago and I think your down in the deep south? So I don't know how that would square up.

Comment

If you can handle a conquest map 2 times out of 3, FLOTserver is the flavor of the season.

They rotate through every map ever.

Comment

I play titan FF on only, I'm lucky if I have 40 servers to choose from. With FF off I get another 60, unfortunately I can't take the lameness of FF off. Still, it's better than conquest!

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                Verdun is my favourite. You're right, it isn't played enough.
                agreed is an awesome map to snipe on i love camping in those towers and pulling of soane esque 250m+ headshots

guess people just like brown as cg and suez are top lol

Comment

Look up SWAT Sidi Power Plant, that one is usually packed out at 32 constantly. And the admins there are always mad chill. Although they have an auto warning, then ban i think for swearing. not sure bout that.

But there are many skilled guys, usually some decay ranks show up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarious
                    I think NfB made their titan server all Suez
                    It depends on the time of day. Most of the time we have it set to Suez because that is what most of the people like to play. However when more of us are on in the evening we add in other maps. (Mainly because some of us get sick of just Suez over and over again.) It just seems like it limps along when we have it going to other maps and if we don't have a bunch of our regulars in there then it ends up dying off. (I love Verdun and Shuhia myself.)

The plan has been to leave it as Suez for a while to build up the popularity and then work the other maps in.

I still wish they would just release NS to everyone so we could put Bridge at Remagen Titan into the rotation.:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
                      I still wish they would just release NS to everyone so we could put Bridge at Remagen Titan into the rotation.:nod:
                      amen brotha. that map is SO much better as titan, than it is conquest. also, liberation of lipzeig is one of the best maps, period.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
                        amen brotha. that map is SO much better as titan, than it is conquest. also, liberation of lipzeig is one of the best maps, period.
                        yeh for knifing maybe ...

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
                          Agreed:salute:

Comment

what server size you want? personally i love huge servers, i prefer 64 man servers, minimum 50+ for me. maybe its time to upgrade your rig and play on the large servers.

Comment

easier said than done lol not everyone is floating that extra cash

Comment

Working...
                              X