is BF2142 getting another patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is BF2142 getting another patch?

server stability has improved according to some with some recent server side patch. haven't really checked if servers crash/restart in the middle of the round less myself but we can always use more stability with this game.

now...EU transport gun bug... i wonder if that will be patched up at last.

Comment

I doubt they'd change any gameplay things (such as the transport bug), but you never know.

As for the map, well, the sheer amount of vehicles makes it look promising for a tank whore such as myself, but it appears as though all the flags are within infantry-only areas, which begs the question as to the point of so many vehicles (especially the APC, considering how it treats infantry). Hopefully there will still be enough room for the vehicles to duke it out, although it's difficult to determine the overall size of the map from just the map overview.

And how's that for subliminal messaging: All the BF2142 screenshots were taken while holding either the Voss or the Krylov.

Also interesting on BF2 - the USMC starts off on an island and must boat to shore where the Chinese start with every spawn. Unless the US is also given a couple of Blackhawks, then this is simply more cruel and unusual punishment for the USMC to add to Wake 2007. I also wonder if that means they'll get a cobra. Then of course that means either the Chinese would get a Z-10 to balance it out (and make it even MORE fun for the boats to try to land, heh), or they wouldn't and the cobra would get to have fun maiming all the little Chinese infantry on the ground (revenge for Wake! ).

Should be a fun map to try out, in any case. Thanks DICE! :thumbsup:

Comment

In the words of Team America - **** Yeah :laugh:

Saw this and pulled out my old 2142 disc that stopped working years ago. Polished that mofo with toothpaste and vaseline and what do you know! It's fixed. I am on my way back to the field as we speak.

I wonder what the ETA for this new map is! Looks cool. I wonder if the AA bug will be fixed in the patch or the next nVidia update - or are we cursed to walk the frozen wastelands of 2142 in jaggovision!

I'm just hoping 2142 works with Windows 7 :|:

UPDATE : It doesn't. Well, it does. But PB doesn't. Doesn't recognise the windows kernel :evil:

Comment

i hope they fix the EU transport right side gun

anyone want to bet $100 that they don't?

also the new map, to be honest, looks bad. another map with 1 uncap far from all the other points just puts emphasis on escaping rather than fighting. we have enough of those already. we need more maps like belgrade.

Comment

nope

Comment

Working...
            X