Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is BF2142 getting another patch?

looking at the fixlist for the upcoming BF2 patch, i saw

Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).
    now, i thought this was more of a problem on 2142 side because i can't seem to play on a server that doesn't seem to crash in the middle of the round for god knows how long. it's especially annoying when you are in a middle of a good round and lose everything. to me, this is one thing they need to address before deciding to stop updating the game because it's somewhat of a game breaker (at least for me, this is one reason i don't play much).

DICE, 2142 also needs a fix on this issue as well!! please implement it for us too since the fix probably involves similar solution.

Re: is BF2142 getting another patch?

servers rarely crash for me. and i doubt they will have another patch.

Comment

there was a gamespy/ea issue a couple of weeks ago that was causing server "crashes" (more like restarts) very often. i believe there was a server side patch that was released. it's possible that you're playing on servers that haven't patched? i've noticed more laggy play ever since that issue, but the "crashes" are few & far between.

Comment

ok but they still do crash (yes more like restart), so shouldn't they fix it? i haven't played much recently but i'll try to check it out and see if server crash/restarts are a rare thing now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
            ok but they still do crash (yes more like restart), so shouldn't they fix it? i haven't played much recently but i'll try to check it out and see if server crash/restarts are a rare thing now.
            In my humble opinion, servers crash far more frequently after the 1.5 update than before it. I mostly don't bother playing 64-man servers any longer because the server will suddenly crash in the middle of the round. No problems with 32 that I can see.

DD.

Comment

Those "server side fixes" aren't going to be in the BF2 patch either. It's basically EA that does a lot of server maintenance work and tries to fix a few bugs at their end. If they fix that, it will be fixed for BF2142 as well. (maybe not everything but yeah ^^)

So no new patch. The game has had its glory days.

Comment

Three years from now we will still have threads beginning with this title.

Comment

loool awesome pic

Comment

1.40 was insane with the server crashes, so even with the recent spikes in server restarts it doesn't come close to how bad things were with 1.40. The Q server crashes alot, sometimes 3 times in 1 hr

Comment

I was surprised by the release of the last update.

Originally posted by [3MD]A|Pvt.iTrek

You don't belong here you BF2 noob.

Comment

An email from one of the lad in our clan suggests yes it is.

Comment

I'll believe that Email when I see this "New content". Or atleast some trace of it.

Comment

I call shenanigans

Comment

Well it's direct from EA support good boy, so I would imagine it is what they have been told.

Comment

Working...
                              X