Admins... Listen Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Admins... Listen Up

Anyway i dont know why admin are abusif! I get kicked from a admin for spawn kill when i shot only 1 persone from the other side with my springfield wt hell:thumbsup:

Comment

Happens with most mainstream games.

Comment

This happened to me recently on the House of Pain server. I don't intend for this to be a rant but with thousands of hours put in between the BF and COD series it was upsetting that I was perma banned without warning and they've refused to respond to any communication.

Comment

First as a server admin almost 75% of the time when a pbss is taken it comes back black. Whether it be a vista problem, ss blocker, or an nvidia driver problem it is one less option we have in determining whether a person is cheating. Each server admin can run his server the way he wants. If a disruptive player, annoying chat spammer or a "elite" player is on, he simply may want to kick the player to soothe the noobs in the server who can't aim. Sometimes its whats best for the server, afterall we pay a ton of money, but if none of the noobs will play in it why have a server? Most of the time if the admins are doing thier job, streaming to punksbusted, pbbans and have pb on you elminate most of the hackers. I've only had to perma ban 4 people for undetectable aim bots out of 10,000 different players that have played on our server. All of thier ss came back black and I only have guid and frap as evidence of thier aimbot. A questionable player is a tough call. But at the end of the day its 1 player out of the servers traffic for that day. Its actually funny you get pressure from both sides in the server. All the noobs wants him kicked and then your like well maybe I want to recruit him, but damn something doesn't look right. Its a tough call. This is how we run our servers, but I realize some admins are abusive.

That is just my opinion and I know exactly what you guys are talking about. It happen to me frequently in BF2142. Thats why we run a fair server.

Comment

Ironic. Not 2 hours after posting I catch a aim botter with a pbss that players were complaining about. Submitted to pbbanns we should see a global ban soon.

Comment

i agree with you that when Admins kick for the wrong reasons its wrong.

But you cant change that, just like we can not stop all hackers. Its a Battle that cannot be won.

Its better to join a Clan and help support the servers and Game then people dont have to worry about getting kicked by noob admins.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|Sober
                First, screenshots does not catch everything.
                Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Originally posted by TGL|Sober View Post
                Yes, a certain screenshot will but most who use aimbots do not use the other crap that will show up in a screenshot simply because an aimbot does everything for you.
                A certain kind of screenshot will, I've seen it before.
                Actually, many times, PBSS will not show the hacks... The hacks will usually now hook into the pb dll file, and they have figured out what operation is called when the screenshot happens. So they listen to that operation, and when it is called they do a "detour" which turns all of their hacks off for a few seconds, so they screenshot will come out clear, and then turns them back on... Only way to get past this is to hammer the suspected player with screenshots, and eventually you may catch something on the screen...

Originally posted by Webs961 View Post
                For the record, sending demos/recording/PBSSes to EvenBalance will not get the player banned. Ever. Third-party groups like PBBans and PunksBusted may look at them (I'm not up to speed on their protocols, so I may be wrong about them accepting demos and such).
                For files to be accept at PBBans or PsB, you need to have streaming setup to them. I'm not sure if they accept demos though.

Originally posted by Webs961
                Agreed, Most cheaters, in my experience, don't tend to hang around a particular server for extended periods of time (days, etc). They usually float around to reduce their chances of getting caught and banned. So, while you may have to put up with it for a round or five, just think of it as a temporary setback.
                Many will only stay in for a few rounds to "rage".

Comment

Lol, Xodus knows what he is talking about

Comment

its funny how you give someone a little power and it goes straight to their head, if an admin is even giving me a hard time **** it... i'll just find a diff server to use out of the 4000 plus that come up.. dont bother me

Comment

^^ Hence my point of "there are very few good bolt rifle servers" - so while there are a lot of default servers (90% of them with Hardcore [roar]), very, very few of them caiter to my desires. So being banned from 3 of them leaves me with 2 or 3 left to play, which are of far less quality - I have not played the game since being banned.

Comment

There are some jerk admins/clan members who abuse their power, no question about it.

However, there are also a lot admins out there who are just fed up with the number of cheaters in online gaming. If someone is on their server who seems questionable, or is legit but actually ruining the game for others on the server because of their style of play (some "pro" players do this), the admins will often not hesitate to kick that player.

It might not be fair, but it is a product of what fps gaming has become on PC over the yrs. Big picture, it's more important for the admins to keep the general public happy in order to keep that server populated. Even with word of mouth, kicking a few innocent "good" players probably won't hurt most of these servers very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke` View Post
                          ^^ Hence my point of "there are very few good bolt rifle servers" - so while there are a lot of default servers (90% of them with Hardcore [roar]), very, very few of them caiter to my desires. So being banned from 3 of them leaves me with 2 or 3 left to play, which are of far less quality - I have not played the game since being banned.
                          Yea i hear u, when u find something u like ya kinda wana stick with it, i used to play Quake 3 Rail gun only tournament, kinda like bolt action.. so i could see why ud wana use that Very different game play as opposed to spray & pray

Comment

Once I was banned for "being invisible." I had to just laugh that one off...

Comment

Working...
                            X