Which Bolt Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bolt Rifle?

Well im finally getting close to unlocking the Kar after having awesome times with the Mosin Nagant, but i ask the question, which bolt action rifle do you think is the best?

For me so far it is the Mosin Nagant, it seems to be a reliable one hit kill with SP whereas i have found the Arishka and the Springfield to lose its one hit kill over a distance which isnt helpful.

I also find the ironsights on the Mosin very easy to use.

Re: Which Bolt Rifle?

The Mosin-Nagant is the best I've unlocked so far, I don't have the Kar yet though.

Comment

I love the Kar in Zombie mode, so I'd probably pick that one in MP. I think the Kar may do a bit less damage, but is supposed to fire a little bit quicker than the Mosin as well.

Originally posted by CtrlAltDe1337 View Post
      The Mosin-Nagant is the best I've unlocked so far, I don't have the Kar yet though.
      Start up a solo Zombie match, and you can buy a Kar right from the start on the wall nearest to the vertical steel bars. You can try it out there.

Comment

Yes thats where i tried the Kar in zombie mode and it did shoot a little faster than most of the other bolts.

The Kar has the same damage as the Arishka which is USUALLY a one hit kill. Personally though i would rather have a slower firing gun like the Mosin that i know will do the job in one hit rather than have to think about taking two shots.

Comment

Ill just ask, is the Mosin Nagant one hit kill with SP for all ranges?

Comment

Well i have found it to be yes which is why i think it is the best Bolt Rifle.

I have completed all the challenges of the unlocked Bolt Rifles and so i have experience with them all. Going from Mosin to the springfield, arishka and then back to the mosin, the gun just feels a lot more powerful and reliable.

Comment

In the beta I used the M1903 Springfield with the bayonet. Actually I never used the M1903 I only used the bayonet. Good times...good times...

I put a bayonet on whatever weapon I use. It's a must-have.

Comment

Kar98. I have to get good with it now, because I was really used to the mosin, but I definitely like the feel of the Kar98 much more than the other rifles.

Comment

Has anyone got a picture of the ironsights for the Kar?

Comment

The Kar. Of course I am looking forward to the last one. I got that in Zombie mod and its a BEAST! Its kinda like the .50cal and R700 all in one package of goodness!

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

^^ Give it a month and I guarantee you that every camping sniper in this game will be using that gun. :hmm:

Comment

Well sure! Doesnt mean they can hit you with it though

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Im not really into sniping in this game, i hate how you have to hold your breath etc and the scopes dont feel good so im not really bothered about the last sniper rifle. Im an ironsights kinda guy.

Comment

^^ Agreed with that. I was a scope-fanatic (as many of you know) in CoD4, but they just don't feel right to me at all in CoD:WaW. They feel bulky and it's very awkward when taking a shot - whereas (IMO) the M40/R700 in Call of Duty 4 felt very natural to use. Now, I'm all for having to hold your breath as long as it's like in Pam4 where there's much less sway than in vanilla CoD4 and the sway is completely removed after holding your breath (in unmodded CoD4 it still sways a bit). Right now I feel how I did at the start of CoD4 when using a scope - like I'm a drunk sniper (excessive sway/awkward motions/etc.)

Anyways, before I rant my head off on this topic, I like using the unscoped bolts + steady aim for no scopes (er... no ironsights) and for the quick shots that are made possible by the quicker speed sighting speed. A ton of fun to take out 3 guys in rapid succession

Comment

^^^^

Yep i agree, nothing like setting yourself up a high vantage point secured by Betty's and taking out all the guys below who walk by in quick succession. I have always thought that snipers were useless to teamplay because they are never used properly, however in this game they can really be useful to help storm certain points.

Comment

Working...
                              X