No LAN co-op gaming in cod5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No LAN co-op gaming in cod5?

This has been tested using 7 different computers with 7 different LEGAL copies of COD5. It doesnt matter who hosts or whether we choose to host online or LAN co-op. It also doesn't matter whether I host co-op missions or zombies.

I can host a co-op game, and one lan player can connect to the lobby. As soon as a 2nd LAN player connects, it drops both lan players out of the lobby. Errors are random "cannot connect to game session" or "game session is no longer available" or some such nonsense.

However, I can host, and one lan player, and two more online players can connect just fine.

Why did they make it so that only TWO people on a lan can connect to a locally hosted co-op game?

Re: No LAN co-op gaming in cod5?

Originally posted by DKP-Orkan
    Why did they make it so that only TWO people on a lan can connect to a locally hosted co-op game?
    Why assume that they made it that way on purpose? It's most likely just a bug that either was missed by testing, or that they couldn't fix in time.

Comment

I guess for the same reason that I expect them to make things work right if they expect me to pay for their product.

I bought 7 copies of this game so we could all sit around on the lan and stomp face. Do the math, $55x7=$385. Almost $400 spent to NOT be able to do what I am suppose to be able to do is FRUSTRATING.

Multi-player works fine. But 2 people in co-op is pretty worthless and not nearly as much fun as 4.

Is anyone else having this same issue? Try hosting a co-op with more than 2 local people on a lan.

Comment

Just tried hooking up a different router inside of my router to try to simulate putting a 3rd computer on a different network. Made no difference. Same exact symptoms.

EDIT: SOLUTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        Ok... I figured it out. Stupid... stupid stupid...

If I INVITE them to the lobby... it fails. If I invite one... and the others go to "find game" and join that way... It works.

Comment

Hmm, strange that it works if you invite one person and every else connects via the LAN find games option thing...

Comment

Just tried hooking up a different router inside of my router to try to simulate putting a 3rd computer on a different network. Made no difference. Same exact symptoms.

EDIT: SOLUTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            Ok... I figured it out. Stupid... stupid stupid...

If I INVITE them to the lobby... it fails. If I invite one... and the others go to "find game" and join that way... It works.
            If you have an account over at the callofduty.com forums, I'd make a thread with a clear subject line detailing this problem, and the work-around, so that Treyarch can be aware of it, and hopefully fix it.

Comment

Go Here:

That should tell you what you need to do. It worked for my wife and me. The problem is the ports. If both clients use the same ports on the router you get problems.

Comment

That is a completely different an un-related problem. That fixes multiplayer.

Comment

That is a completely different an un-related problem. That fixes multiplayer.
                  Yes. Or course. You are right. Co-op does not have multiple players and is therefore not multi-player at all. A fix to allow multiple players to connect via a single internet connection could have no relevance to co-op.:icon_rolleyes:

Comment

another question about LAN, do we need a different CD-KEY to each machine even to play in LAN? or works like COD4, GRAW, VEGAS, etc... when you can play in lan with the same key, but only need unique keys to play online?
                    Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Comment

Originally posted by hajas View Post
                      another question about LAN, do we need a different CD-KEY to each machine even to play in LAN? or works like COD4, GRAW, VEGAS, etc... when you can play in lan with the same key, but only need unique keys to play online?
                      An owner of an internet cafe posted in another forum that he had to buy separate copies of the game to run multiple PC's on a LAN.

Comment

With COD4 you only need to buy one copy of the game, and you can play online with several users at once, i know because my kids do it. as long as it comes from the same address it fine. cant see why it should be any different with this one as its the same game engine.

Comment

yeah, I can play even online COD4 with my 4 machines if we are at the same server... really sad that WaW can't... so seams that pirated copies will comeback to have more advantages then who bought the original one... really stupid what they did... :/
                          Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Comment

Working...
                          X