The new BF newsletter P^$sed me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new BF newsletter P^$sed me off!

I just got the newsletter and saw that BF Bad Company already got 4 new Maps for FREE. In just a few months of Release they already got more for free than we did in 2 yrs.

Looking back at the 2 years of 2142 it really boils my blood that EA pretended to be all about listening to to the community in the first 6 months, then the game was pretty much abandoned. Once they see that the game is not going to sell anymore they leave it and work on the next game, so they can get more money for their broke buggy games

Re: The new BF newsletter P^$sed me off!

Originally posted by Quemical
    EA pretended to be all about listening to to the community in the first 6 months, then the game was pretty much abandoned. Once they see that the game is not going to sell anymore they leave it and work on the next game, so they can get more money for their broke buggy games
    Where's the surprise in that?

We're living in a capitalist country, bud!

Comment

The sad thing is that i know it's going to go down the same way with the next BF game, yet i am still going to buy it the first day. This game would be amongst the most acclaimed if EA and DICE gave 2 STIHS about it by putting in time to fix the problems and listened to what the community has to say

Comment

How many maps did BF:BC ship with? What about BF2142?

Comment

you guys got a whole expansion....

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
            you guys got a whole expansion....
            booster*
            a small booster with 3 (no ai support) maps, 2 new vehicles, very few new objects and 1 new weapon (with some other equipment)*

Compared to what Battlefield 2 got with Armoured fury for exmaple
            3 new ai supported maps in completely new locations, 8 new vehicles (2 per faction and 2 civilian) and a variety of new objects

Euro Force
            3 new maps with bot support, 4 new vehicles, an entirely new faction with unique voices, models, skins etc., 7 new weapons and many new objects.

Northern Strike wasn't really that much compared to the other boosters that EA/DICE have distributed which is really a shame. There were always whispers of another booster or expansion for 2142 but it's disappointing that nothing has eventuated.

I guess we've got to rely on modders and mappers (like myself :thumbsup for 2142's longevity.

Comment

I wish the maps weren't so massive though.

A TF2 map takes a minute or two to download on the fly from the server. It's easy for a server to run user-made maps.

A BF2142 map weighs between 20 and 60 MBs, thereby making map download straight off the server nigh impossible.

Comment

The market is consumer driven and there are more consumers who wish to play on console, so that is what EA/DICE is going to support. There is more money in that market. Don't pretend like you would do it any other way in their position.

Comment

maybe its because no one bought the game because pub play is horrible, filled with masses of spam?

Comment

Originally posted by serevalassassin
                    maybe its because no one bought the game because pub play is horrible, filled with masses of spam?
                    Guy has a point there. BF2142 is the only online game I have ever played in which I've actually had to curb my playstyle around the stupidity of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                      Guy has a point there. BF2142 is the only online game I have ever played in which I've actually had to curb my playstyle around the stupidity of others.
                      That's a quote to put in the books.:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by serevalassassin
                        hahah 2142 spam is nothing!! have you ever even played bf2 where u get 5 nades that can be thrown almost 1 a second and when ressupply is instant, nade spam is 1 thing but in bf2 they invented a new ter a "nade storm", just imaging 64 players all hoofing 3-5 nades each at the same time (usually round start) now THAT is spam my friend, 2142 is nothing lol

jeez it's been a while since i lurkd here and it seems people are still complaining .... as someone said in the post above you would do exactly the same

and finally do you know that once a game is released they have absolutely no obligation to even patch it let alone release new content atall

[/rant]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                          and finally do you know that once a game is released they have absolutely no obligation to even patch it let alone release new content atall
                          If you want your game and franchise to fail you can take that aproach.

Comment

Not necessarily. On the front side, the company only needs to look like it care just enough to keep a consumer base but not so much as to begin losing profits over after-release bugfixing. And if the software is a lost cause, the company won't hesitate to send it to the dustbin as soon as possible.

I mean hey, take a look at Microsoft. Everyone hates Microsoft, apparently. But everyone buys Microsoft. Microsoft has generated a net income of nearly eighteen billion US dollars the spring-summer of this year. This is eighteen percent more than last year on the same period.

Surely those guys must be doing something right.

Comment

I didn't hate micro$oft until i started having so many games incompatible with "$hista" Plus it's a big resource hog

Comment

Working...
                              X