Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Company 2 Feature Requests

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Haha, weren't you the guy who was pissed because you couldn't even play BC in Aus?
    Yes I payed $100 AUD which is more than US has to pay for games. And I lagged like crap.

EA are cheap.
    I sent an email 6 days before release to EA asking if there would be Aussie server they replied with "Cant release any information yet." After the release AFTER I bought it. "Sorry no Australian Server will happen"

There better be Australian Servers this time FFS.

Also there better be Jets Parachutes and A server browser.

Comment

Here's my request, change Battlefield Bad Company 2(PC) to Battlefield 3 and scrap the current console concept of the game and begin where they left off with Battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptik View Post
        Also there better be Jets Parachutes and A server browser.
        I really hope they don't bring back the Jets as they ruined BF2. I'm sure some people had great fun in them getting a ridiculous K/D ratio but for the rest of us you couldn't go anywhere without gettting bombed constantly. They are just too dominating. 2142 was a much better, balanced game without them.

Also another thing I would like to mention is the trophy/medal system. Some of the requirements are ridiculous and these should be made at least achievable. For example the "There's no I in squad " (PS3) trophy requirements are 20 squad members spawn on you without dying in a round. Has anyone even got this trophy? This isn't helped by the fact you don't have a squad leader to spawn on you just spawn randomly on a squad member. I mean we waited over 6 months before the squad wildcard was fixed so this meant you couldn't even achieve all the trophies anyway. Some people buy a game just for the trophies. Check the EU Playstation forums and you'll find loads of threads about them. This would be a great way of getting people to buy the game and maybe even get them to buy future games if they like it. I don't know anyone who has achieved the Platinum Trophy (PS3) or the xbox equivalent. I wonder if there is anyone out there who actually has it?

There were some major probs with this game when it came out. I felt it could have been the best battlefield yet with the destructable scenery really making the battles more fun. But so many probs like VOIP, Squad System, Dogtags problem, Squad Wildcard problem, Ridiculous Trophy Requirements will have put a lot of people off. Remember this game will most likely be going up against COD Modern Warfare 2 and so Dice really need to get this one right. From Pirelli's post it looks like they are listening to the community, which to be fair Dice do interact with a lot more than some developers, and so hopefully they'll get it spot on this time. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
          I really hope they don't bring back the Jets as they ruined BF2. I'm sure some people had great fun in them getting a ridiculous K/D ratio but for the rest of us you couldn't go anywhere without gettting bombed constantly. They are just too dominating.
          I tend to agree, even though people who enjoy flying jets may be upset at those comments. But on many servers, it often turned out that only 1 team had someone who knew how to fly really well, and would indeed dominate because there was no one to challenge/shoot him down. There should've been better counter-weapons to jets in that game.

That being said, because the maps in BC2 are likely to be shared between console and PC, they will be on the smaller side to suit the smaller player numbers on console. Because of these smaller maps, it's reasonable to think that there probably will not be any jets, only helicopters (as seen in the trailer).

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
            I really hope they don't bring back the Jets as they ruined BF2. I'm sure some people had great fun in them getting a ridiculous K/D ratio but for the rest of us you couldn't go anywhere without gettting bombed constantly. They are just too dominating. 2142 :

Am with you on this, it is alot of fun killing everything that moves on the ground, you can feel so '' god like '' no one can touch you, but when you are the one on the ground getting your last flag bombarded then its no fun at all.

I can '' hold my own '' if i have a machine gun and the enemy has a machine gun too '' level playing field '' but i can't do anything to stop that jet raping the hell out of me and my whole team.

My '' wish list '' for BC2 would be as easy as no console port .:yay:

Comment

yup, leave jets out or i won't be buying it.

oh and they better equalize the gunships. no more of the talon/doragon imbalance BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                yup, leave jets out or i won't be buying it

Yes , that's what i ment.

And don't port it to the PC from consoles or i won't buy it then aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
                  I think you will be happy to see the amount of improvements from BC1. Frostbite is maturing quite nicely.
                  I have faith. :salute:

Keep up the good work DICE.

Comment

I just read this at GameReactor: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/1068/...breaks+record/. It says the map pack for World at War has been downloaded by 1 million in just one weekend. I think this sort of thing DICE should do. Release a map pack if the game is good. This allows the game to further the franchise and the game gets less boring. To me DICE should have done this to bf2, I bet there would be a lot of ppl still playing than they are today.

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
                      To me DICE should have done this to bf2, I bet there would be a lot of ppl still playing than they are today.
                      Special forces? Euro Force? Armoured fury?

All these map packs, expansion/booster packs does is to divide the community, and in the end, make the new maps not played.

Personally map packs should be free. In the 1942 times, you would get maybe one new map with every new patch that was released. This was a brilliant formula, for those that couldn't care less about bug fixes and balancing they got a new map to play on. And everyone could play it, so people kept playing it. Instead of the new maps dying because not enough people were willing to play on the booster maps only.

Comment

I think you will be happy to see the amount of improvements from BC1. Frostbite is maturing quite nicely.
                        Thats the sort of thing I love to hear!
                        While BC1 has its issues, IMO its a great new first step for the BF series.

Less imbalance than BF2 and decent new features all the way around.
                        Lets not forget how great it looks and how the woods are actually like a woodlands.

Cant wait for BC2! I request a map that is just out in the wilderness with very few man made objects to speak of. You know maybe a bridge or something. Or one radio tower on the hill.. You get the picture

I also request that there are no exploit bugs this time around :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                          Personally map packs should be free. In the 1942 times, you would get maybe one new map with every new patch that was released. This was a brilliant formula, for those that couldn't care less about bug fixes and balancing they got a new map to play on. And everyone could play it, so people kept playing it. Instead of the new maps dying because not enough people were willing to play on the booster maps only.
                          I tend to agree. Here in North America, PC games are about $10 cheaper than Console games. I've said before that if DLC is planned, publishers should raise the price of a PC game by $10 up front, then provide all the future content for free.

This way the developers get their money for their work on the DLC, there's no messy issues with figuring out a pay system vs piracy for the content, and the PC community doesn't get divided or have to wait until a sponsor can be secured (ie. COD4) in order to provide the content for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                            I tend to agree. Here in North America, PC games are about $10 cheaper than Console games. I've said before that if DLC is planned, publishers should raise the price of a PC game by $10 up front, then provide all the future content for free.

This way the developers get their money for their work on the DLC, there's no messy issues with figuring out a pay system vs piracy for the content, and the PC community doesn't get divided or have to wait until a sponsor can be secured (ie. COD4) in order to provide the content for free.
                            But what about games where they claimed DLC was planned from the beginning, but nothing ever came out? Or Horse Armor? You would have publishers claiming that the check is in the mail all day long, but the "team" assigned to the creation of "free" DLC would consist of the music composer's little sister coloring in her Dora books while everyone has moved on to the next game. They just would have no incentive to release additional content after they've already gotten all the money they will get.

It is a little odd that one of the most successful developers around right now releases extra content for free all of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                              But what about games where they claimed DLC was planned from the beginning, but nothing ever came out?
                              But, but, but... what if an asteroid hits the Earth tomorrow?

We can't have it both ways. There's no real reliable way for publishers/devs to have paid DLC on PC without piracy, and there's the general attitude in PC Land of not paying for anything anyway, so that only leaves delaying DLC and finding a sponsor - which also makes people complain. There's no way to win. We're becoming a b*tchy, stuck-up, instant gratification, sense-of-entitlement group. Nothing's ever good enough. We want more, and we want it free. It's no wonder a lot of game makers are putting more and more emphasis on Consoles, and less on PC. I would, too.

If a developer says we're getting DLC, and we don't, then we don't buy from them again. Our world won't end by losing $10, and it would be suicide for them to jerk us around like that. But if they do produce that DLC, then we get what we want, and they get their money too. It has to start somewhere.

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                              It is a little odd that one of the most successful developers around right now releases extra content for free all of the time...
                              If you're talking about Valve, they have to. PC is their bread and butter. And they don't release as many titles as other publishers...there's often a long time in between each one...so they have to keep people playing their games in order for those people to stick around for the next one. Plus, they often don't have the overhead/restrictions of a publisher like EA or Activision, etc, so they can decide what content to put out, and how quickly. Theirs is a different/more unique business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                                Our world won't end by losing $10
                                I'm a strong believer in getting what i have payed for, not in getting done over by some money grabbing company who wants to get rich big time.

Just look at DICE, all the things they promise and never deliver on, we are still waiting for missile pods on blackhawks.

NO THANK YOU , i will keep buying my games the way i do now if its all the same to you.:thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X