Re: Bunkpuster is driving me crazy!

Originally posted by [21CW]TA|Shox
    system tools, Defrag
    Already done it, no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle View Post

I would suggest that you completely reformat your computer with a fresh install of everything. Also setup a schedule to defrag your computer DAILY.

taht card should run BF2 jsut fine if, your computer is setup properly.

Comment

Originally posted by [21CW]TA|Shox View Post
        I would suggest that you completely reformat your computer with a fresh install of everything. Also setup a schedule to defrag your computer DAILY.

taht card should run BF2 jsut fine if, your computer is setup properly.
        A reformat and new install would resolve most issues in general but is a lot of work and I would only recommend it if you tried other quick fixes. Dont see the point in daily defrags tho.

Comment

Reallly depends on the usage of your computer, I use mine for all sorts of activities whether it is downloading tons of maps for BF2 to check out or all the different version of all the mods for BF2 and BF2142. So I thrash the hell out of my HDDs, hence why I defrag daily. Also if its done on a regualr schedule the times it takes to defrag is decreased dramaticly.

Not everyones usage will be similar to mine and in that case once a week would/should be good enough.

I jsut prefer my computer in tip-top shape, and I dont want to wait for a map to load regarless of the game I happen to be playing. Defragging on a regular basis will decrease your load times.

Comment

I totally agree actually Shox, I do need to format and reinstall windows. I've been putting it off for ages, but I guess it's time to make the effort. :|

Comment

make sure that you don't have any anti-virus/firewall blocking it

Add the following to your exception/allowed list(s):
              • Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb\PnkBstrA.exe
              • Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb\PnkBstrA.exe
              • %systemroot%\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
              • %systemroot%\system32\PnkBstrB.exe

then manually update PB: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Comment

@apostle: I'd go into the bios and make sure your ram is running at full speed and check that your HDD isn't full. Then make sure you kill any start-up programs.

I don't have any firewalls or antivirus running, but it looks like I'll have to run AV.

My secondary computer has started to crash BF2 in addition to the previous problem, so I may have to take drastic measures.

Thank you all for the tips and keep 'em comin'!

Comment

I totally agree actually Shox, I do need to format and reinstall windows. I've been putting it off for ages, but I guess it's time to make the effort. :|
                  Let us know how it goes once your done, and before you start make sure you backup anything you might need. I keep a spare DVD with all of my current drivers,BF1942/BF2/BF2142 patches, and all of my other important stuff so I dont have to go through the entire list of redownloading everything. Also make sure that AV and ANti-spyware are the first things you install once your done with the reformat.

Comment

Working...
                  X