Gunships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunships

Can we ever expect to see a AC-130U raining down lead on the insurgents or other armies.This is project reality,and in reality you got some Air Force gunships shooting some lead at the baddies.

Re: Gunships

how many times has this been asked? tis a good ideah though.

Comment

I'm wondering whether the BF2 engine has problems handling the physics on large vehicles, unlike 1942 as no mods really have them.

Comment

Desert conflict had the ac-130,I never noticed any problems.I wet my pants just thinking about it ,a whole football field covered in lead in only 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] Stephensolofo
          Desert conflict had the ac-130,I never noticed any problems.I wet my pants just thinking about it ,a whole football field covered in lead in only 10 seconds.
          there are many things you can do in BF1942 that you cant do in BF2, and there is many things you can do in BF2 that you cant do in BF1942... The engines are VERY different...

a AC-130 is possible in BF2, DCon has one, but the thing I bet you didn't know about them that in "reality" they only come out at night to give fire support, they never give fire support in the day afaik. So this means to even think about having one in PR, we would first need a night map, a scenario that would fit a AC-130, and it would also need to be something like 32kms^2 map to make it worth having a realistic AC-130 on it...

Comment

Yea...flying at night in bf2.....

Comment

Plus, in 1942 you could stand inside a vehicle without being in a position. In BF2 you simply glitch through the vehicle or won't have control over your movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                Plus, in 1942 you could stand inside a vehicle without being in a position. In BF2 you simply glitch through the vehicle or won't have control over your movement.
                or more likely you will die.

Comment

What confuses me is that it is all on the refractor 2 engine, i don't see why it differs so much.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=303n_ip2Flg[/media]

Awesome, but not for PR methinks

Comment

Plus there's an 8 man limit for vehicle capacity. Wikipedia says it's a crew of 13, but I suppose you could cut the roles non-essential to gameplay out.

Comment

^ An R-dev said somewhere about making 2 meshes as the 'plane' then theoretically you could add more seats, if i remember right.

Comment

I thought they tried making 2 vehicles stuck together into one, and the engine didn't like it so it exploded....

Comment

I think it could work quite well.You would only need a crew of 4 since you don't need half the team flying in it,3 firing the guns and one pilot,just a little more than a tank and much more deadly.

While you wouldn't want the gunship completely invincible it does have impressive countermeasures.A good crew would fly out of sight when not needed and descend when needed to provide support.

Comment

maps to small for ac130, even kashan ect

Comment

Working...
                              X